Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

April 10, 2017
a hilarious but uneven comedy
April 9, 2017
who knew Robert Downey Jr could be such a great black guy...
½ April 4, 2017
4.5/5. Equally hilarious and brilliant. Both Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise are incredibly funny in this insane film.
March 24, 2017
an underrated masterpiece
March 14, 2017
A classic ish war comedy, enjoyable enough to watch, but could have been funnier. Taking from many movies like Platoon and other good Vietnam war flicks, this one just makes fun of them all, but not in a way that's too far. It is fun to watch, you get some good laughs, but some could be improved in some comedy aspects. The acting is typical with these actors, so just blah no depth. The characters are city boys in the movies just as they should be, and the action is confusing. I can't tell if they know they only have blanks or not through most of it, as they mostly just shoot in the air, but it's not meant to be realistic so hard to go off on that as well. The explosions and helicopter scenes did look good, enjoyed them, the classic Vietnam war scenes we all know and love. Overall it's a decent movie to watch if you like war flicks and can handle some comedy thrown in, but don't expect much for real action or good war movie moments.
March 11, 2017
This was an awesome movie.
March 1, 2017
One of the best Action Comedy movies I've ever watched. Can't believe people are giving this a low rating because of some of the jokes in the movie. NEVER GO FULL RETARD PEOPLE its just jokes. People are too sensitive nowadays.
February 27, 2017
If you haven't seen this or you have and didn't like it, then you've gone full retard.
February 12, 2017
A funny comedy that actually had some realistic feeling in it for example when there in the truck and the RPG hits the back and they the main character Ben stiller is in shock it shows some real effects and when it made fun of platoon I just laughed on the inside.
½ February 3, 2017
Boasting messy action sequences and a non-funny script, Tropic Thunder has nothing to offer other than its star studded cast being completely underestimated.
½ January 14, 2017
1. Tom Cruise 2. RD Jr. 3. Ben Stiller. One of my fav. comedies. 9/10.
January 14, 2017
This film is entertaining and funny. I don't think this film will ever be a classic but I just give it the pass because I laughed enough and the acting was really good from Robert Downey Jr. Plus you get some good action scenes.
December 31, 2016
Oh, so you a cartographer now?!
½ December 26, 2016
It contains some humor, but mostly, Tropic Thunder thinks being offensive is the same as being funny, particularly when it comes to mocking the disabled.
December 24, 2016
Apart from the hilarious first scene and a few others that work very well, there is little else in this film other than stupid, offensive jokes mixed with a lot of tiresome big action scenes - which seem to be there only to entertain those unable to understand the obvious satire.
½ December 24, 2016
hilarious comedy that lampoons the war-movie, thanks to a substantial cast and amazing cameos
½ November 26, 2016
funny creative movie, lots of memorable scenes. it wasn't filled with laugh out loud parts but i was smiling for most of the movie. very very different than the usual comedies (2 viewings)
November 2, 2016
Definitely one of the best comedies I've seen this year. Awesome cast, who are all ridiculously funny. Robert Downey Jr. is especially hilarious, but it's all held together by the great performances of everyone here. Not the funniest movie ever, but one that I would recommend everyone gets out to see!
October 22, 2016
Absolutely hilarious satire.
October 6, 2016
Funny, original and a great cast.