Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

June 30, 2016
uma comédia muito show rdj bs jb muito bom ...
June 27, 2016
Tropic Thunder follows five actors making a film based on a book of the same name by Four Leaf Tayback (Nick Nolte).  The only problem is Tugg Speedman (Ben Stiller) has become a little too primadonna and the film is a month behind schedule five days into shooting.  Tayback decides the best way to get this movie made is to drop them in the middle of the hostile jungle.  This is where the men get caught up in a heroin ring.  This movie was funny yes.  It was pretty entertaining too.  You might not believe this but the best part of this flick was not Stiller, Black or Downey Jr.  Sure Stiller was quirky as always and Black was ridiculous as always.  And Downey Jr. was funny as an Aussie pretending to be black for most of the film.  You've seen his funniest moments as they appear in the trailer.  Problem was he was so over the top (intentionally of course) that he was hard to understand some of the time.  (Though my favorite line of his was "We all gay sometimes.")  The stars of this film were the little people (and by that I mean minor characters).  While this film pulled in some notable cameos from Tobey Maguire, Christine Taylor, Lance Bass, Mickey Rooney and even Jon Voight, I'm not talking about these guys either.  I mean people like Danny McBride as the explosions obsessed stunt coordinator.  Or Steve Coogan the limey director who doesn't care for land mines.  Even Matthew McConaughey as Tuggernuts's undoubtedly loyal agent.  But the winner by far (though it pains me to say this) is nigh unrecognizable Tom Cruise as Les Grossman (the guy who's funding the picture).  Grossman truly lives up to his name oozing hair from everywhere.  He has a penchant for hip hop from Flo Rida to Ludacris and continually threatens people's nuts.  It's brilliant.  Just brilliant.  I do like when Downey Jr. gets back to his blue eyed Aussie hotness.  Yum. I say yes watch Tropic Thunder.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.
½ June 23, 2016
The movie was slow to pick up, but once it did, it was pretty fun to watch. Robert Downy Jr did his job pretty well. Tom Cruise in a very unconventional role.
½ June 22, 2016
A Really funny action packed film easily Jack Blacks best film, All the cast did an amazing job but for me Tom Cruise's scenes made me give it 4 1/2 stars, I can't believe it took me this long to see it.
½ June 19, 2016
TROPIC THUNDER offers a layered script and hilarious performances from a talented comedic cast.
½ June 16, 2016
1. Tom Cruise 2. RD Jr. 3. Ben Stiller. One of my fav. comedies. 9/10.
½ June 14, 2016
Tropic Thunder
You know it's a good movie where you get to see great actors trying their best to nail their worst acting
May 28, 2016
"I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude".... "Man, I don't drop character till I've done the DVD commentary"...."Never go full retard"....Kirk Lazarus. Nuff Said.
½ May 26, 2016
Dirty, but absolutely hilarious.
½ May 20, 2016
Tropic Thunder is one of the best films ever put to screen.
May 17, 2016
"Tropic Thunder" easily ranks among the funniest movies of the 2000s.
May 15, 2016
The fake previews in the beginning were the best part about the movie, especially Jack Black's. The rest of the movie was good (never great) and I thought Robert Downey Jr's shtick got old quickly.
May 9, 2016
Great satire. Robert Downey Jr. stole the show.
May 3, 2016
Tropic Thunder is directed and co-written by Ben Stiller, and it stars Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr., Jack Black, Jay Baruchel, Brandon T. Jackson, and Tom Cruise in a satirical comedy film about a group of actors that are in the danger zone because they were hard to work with in the set, and when a mistake happened that cause the director to not be there, the actors think that they are still in a movie, not realizing that they have to go up against real soldiers. I think in comparisons to other Ben Stiller directed films, Tropic Thunder is probably his funniest one so far. The cast in this are fantastic, the best ones being Robert Downey Jr., and Tom Cruise. When I first saw Robert Downey Jr. in this when I was in my pre-teens, it went over my head that he was playing a character that is blackface, and when I see it again, I was a bit shocked at it, and it's one of those aspects that can either be really funny, or really offensive, in this though, Robert Downey Jr. played it very naturally that he really pulled it off as a method actor that had to play that type of character. Tom Cruise plays it over the top which is something that I never quite seen from him, but it is hilarious to watch and I would like to see this type of character again from Tom Cruise. The humor in this is top notch, it doesn't mess around and goes all out about with tons of hilarious jokes. The satire in it has a lot of bite in it that surprisingly worked for me, and the characters are very memorable in it that every character has a comedic part, even the small parts. The action scenes are done in an entertaining and funny way, and the writing has a lot of good lines that are still famous to this day. The interplay between the actors is hilarious also that I would just hear the conversation for an hour and would still laugh at what they are talking about. Tropic Thunder is one of the funniest movies that I've seen in a long time, and I definitely would go back to it to watch it again.
May 3, 2016
This movie is hilarious, one of the best Ben Stiller movies hands down and the characters are so creative I love Tom Cruise kicked butt in his role I would have never expected him to play one like this I was pleasantly surprised! Robert Downy Jr. was amazing he was another one of the best characters in this movie.
April 28, 2016
A solid beginning and a fantastic last act, but a little slow and at times confusing in between. Nevertheless, an absolutely hilarious comedy
½ April 24, 2016
not kind of a movie u get to c every day...
yeah its funny then yeah there were moments and yeah its stupid, but in a good way. and the acting really rose up to some high level for some of these actors...
April 19, 2016
Downey and Cruise are fantastic in an otherwise typical Ben Stiller comedy.
April 18, 2016
This has a fun story, lots of great humor, and an excellent cast (particularly Robert Downey Jr. & Tom Cruise).