Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

April 28, 2016
A solid beginning and a fantastic last act, but a little slow and at times confusing in between. Nevertheless, an absolutely hilarious comedy
½ April 24, 2016
not kind of a movie u get to c every day...
yeah its funny then yeah there were moments and yeah its stupid, but in a good way. and the acting really rose up to some high level for some of these actors...
April 19, 2016
Downey and Cruise are fantastic in an otherwise typical Ben Stiller comedy.
April 18, 2016
This has a fun story, lots of great humor, and an excellent cast (particularly Robert Downey Jr. & Tom Cruise).
April 17, 2016
I don't feel that Tropic Thunder is quite as hilarious as people make it out to be. I find it more interesting for its biting critique of the film industry and the practices within.
April 15, 2016
With laughable dialogue and scenes, add to that a great cast with a funny story; all add up to make tropic thunder, tropic fun. In the end, there is no reason why viewers wont leave entertain and please.
½ April 12, 2016
I had no idea this movie was actually funny. I gave it a shot this afternoon by accident... Very funny!
April 6, 2016
Frequently hilarious but occasionally inconsistent satire of what goes on both in front of and behind the camera. It hands together for the most part, but it suffers from Ben Stiller bringing his standard schtick to bear while everyone around him gives breaks new ground.
March 30, 2016
It has decent moments, but overall it was a bit of a letdown.
March 28, 2016
Robert Downey is stunning. Tom cruise is a great surprise, as is Bill Haider.
½ March 26, 2016
One of the best comedies of the decade.
½ March 25, 2016
Smart and hilarious, Tropic Thunder is the perfect example of an R rated comedy that uses its rating to its own benefit.

Grade: A-
March 24, 2016
About as equally apt and witty as it is gasp-worthy and absurd, "Tropic Thunder" is one of the better films from Ben Stiller's directorial filmography, featuring fun action, a brilliant sense of self-awareness, and impossibly hilarious turns from both Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise. "Tropic Thunder" is that unsung gem of a summer comedy that really brings in the consistent laughs, without sacrificing the story, pace, or characters. Now, if only, we'd gotten "Tropic Thunder 2" before "Zoolander 2."
March 23, 2016
Gruesome at times, but overall pretty funny, with a great plot.
½ March 21, 2016
Probably the only film in existence that can make the Vietnam War funny. With plenty of parodies to method acting, war movies, and just movies in general along with great performances from what most consider "OK" actors, "Tropic Thunder" is great fun.
March 21, 2016
I laughed all through the movie! ?????????
March 13, 2016
Pretty funny, thanks mostly to Downey and overall silliness. Entertaining enough to be worth watching.
½ March 12, 2016
I didn't like this movie at all. I didn't laugh or even thought it was that funny. I literally counted the minutes till it was over. I would have walked out, but I was with my wife and brother in law who thought it was hilarious.
March 7, 2016
The comedy is hit-or-miss, but Tropic Thunder has a fun cast including RDJ and Tom Cruise
March 1, 2016
I feel like it needed some time before really taking off, but at its best moments "Tropic Thunder" is characterized by technical competence, well-written dialogues and just pure OTT fun. It's not all smooth sailing though, in what is a rather uneven final product, but the final act alone, along with Robert Downey Jr.'s fine performance, Tom Cruise's show-stealing out-of-character guest appearance and a monumental Jack Black as Jeff Portnoy ensure Ben Stiller's (pseudo-)epic ends up a winner.