Trouble Is My Business Reviews

• Mar 02, 2018

Trouble Is My Business 2018 is a neo noir film starring Tom Konkle,Brittney Powell This is a masterpiece,I loved the film. A timeless masterpiece into the film noir and neo noir world it's going to be a classic. Initially,I thought another film noir story. I grew instantly a true appreciation for this epic neo noir film. Wow this is a great movie and is going to be a true epic film for a very long time. For screenwriters who come across this, take the following pointers on board: Contrasting Characters: Great films have great characters and true drama actors distinction and this film has all of that and alot more. Trouble Is My Business is starring Tom Konkle,Brittney Powell This neo noir film is going to be one of the classic movie of all times that will continue to live with humanity,thoughout every generation and they will all say, "Oh that was 10 out of 10,with two thumbs up".. When you watch this film you will know the world inside of being a private eye and the smarts that goes along with it, in fact smartness is the only thing that can keep them alive in most cases. I've seen this film several times, and want to be captured by its spell every time. I enjoyed this film and adore all things about film noirs and neo noirs and bow down in awe to the film's wonderful cast. Writers/Actors: Tom Konkle,Brittney Powell are truly great in this film together. Director:Tom Konkle is a great director,the camera shows just how emotional the life of a detective real is. Detective Roland Drake(Tom Konkle) falls for two sisters from the Montemar family. One woman is dead and the other wants to kill him. Families will talk about the differences between movies made within the last few years and movies of the 1940s like The Big Sleep and other film noirs. This neo film is a marvel of convoluted, unexplained plot threads that miraculously add up to one of the great pleasures of cinema. Usually categorized under the film noir umbrella for its shadowy photography and emphasis on the menace of the underworld,"Trouble Is My Business" mixes its cynicism with enough dry humor to almost lend it a sense of optimism. The bad guys go down and the detective gets the girl,even if it's not entirely clear whether she's trustworthy. The real treat is Tom Konkle,who seems game to play tough guy but also self-deprecating role. A true wonderful actor.The movie is a great example of the importance of emphasis and editing with a great story line. "Trouble Is My Business" Passion, murder, and betrayal.Just another day at the office is a must see either on the big screen or on dvd. You will not be disappointed and you will want more after seeing this film... I recommend to all to buy this film and place it next to your film noir movie collection. This neo noir film will truly stay great though out history.

• Dec 08, 2017

Equal parts fun and clever, Trouble is My Business is not just an homage to a lost genre, but it is a worthy addition to it. Tom Konkle is clearly in his element playing the witty private investigator, and is well matched by Vernon Wells as the intimidating Detective Tate. TV and soap veteran Brittany Powell is the perfect Noir vixen and Jordana Capra stands out as her mother.

• Nov 21, 2017

I had the pleasure of seeing this film a few weeks back at the Valley Film Festival in Los Angeles. Some weeks later, I have to say that the film really stuck with me, as it's a beautiful love letter to crime-noir thrillers from yesteryear. Being a big fan of old films featuring Gloria Grahame and Humphrey Bogart, I was very interested in seeing a murder-mystery set in the '40s. Following a down-and-out private detective in Roland Drake, we're treated to a captivating tale of murder, lies, and deceit in the quest to find a precious diamond, where it's hard to pinpoint who's good and who's bad. I really enjoyed the chemistry between the cast, as it felt very real. Despite it being an old style thriller, the film still manages to have a lot of charm, and good humor, giving me grins and laughs throughout the story. I also really liked seeing veteran actor Vernon Wells play the menacing and corrupt Detective Tate. He's a staple for a real villainous type and certainly steals just about every scene he's in. I have a great appreciation for the independent film market and it was wonderful to see such a movie pay real tribute to films that you sadly don't see anymore. I highly recommend seeing this.

• Nov 01, 2017

Dark, witty, bold, with twists and turns and a smart ass style of humor that feels like home. Great movie!

• Oct 31, 2017

Was amazed to discover this wonderful film. I saw Trouble Is My Business at a local film festival this past weekend. I didn't really know what to expect. I had seen postings about it from the filmmakers. am happy to report I felt like I'd just discovered a low budget Raiders of the Lost Ark style treatment of the film noir genre. It was incredibly well directed by Thomas Konkle. He was a terrific, freakin awesome actor as the main character and that he directed it too is an accomplishment. No spoilers but the script is fantastic. Witty, clever, all the actors were performing their characters perfectly. The camera shots and directing and look of it was classic and beautiful. Brittney Powell was perfectly directed by Konkle in this picture. She is a classic movie star and femme fatale. I think its the best thing me and my friend who saw it with me have ever seen Brittney Powell in. Her acting is levels better than I have ever seen it at. Brittney Powell is gorgeous Oscar material in Konkle's Trouble Is My Business. The bad guy I've seen in some movies too he's great in this movie. Usually these indepentent films stink or are almost a good idea or not this well done but Trouble Is My Business is a tight, slick grownup mystery adventure worth seeing. I dont know when its out but look for it. Thomas Konkle is a real talent and everyone is freakin great in this movie I was blown away by the film.

• Oct 30, 2017

This was an amazing bit of cinema. A throwback to classic film noir and done so well. The story was so compelling that I couldn't leave my seat and the look was outstanding. They created a world that was so authentic it couldn't help but be marveled at. Outstanding writing, acting and cinematography made this a very special movie.

• Oct 30, 2017

So very well done! Great performances and amazing production values. Kudos all around!

• Oct 29, 2017

I really enjoyed the movie- great story line and special effects and loved the music!!

• Oct 29, 2017

Excellent movie - an entertaining film nor adventure.

Excellent movie - an entertaining film nor adventure.

• Oct 19, 2017

Noir is back, with wit and style!

Noir is back, with wit and style!