Trouble Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trouble Man Reviews

June 14, 2009
First of all, I never realized that this is where the name "Mr. T" originates, and this cat is a FAR cry from Clubber Lang. Forget the OG'ed boxer. Tailored suits all the way, even when he's laying the smack down. There's just something deeply refreshing about a Black man in charge who handles business when
March 17, 2009
En blaxpoitationfilm så stenhård att det blir helt parodiskt, men det är ju det vi vill se! För att citera trailern:
"Trouble is here! He's street smart and steel hard. He's a healer, a fixer, wears 600 dollar suits, drives a 10000 dollar car and he carries two guns; one to stop trouble and one to make trouble. He was born in the ghetto and raised in the streets. He's been a man since he was a kid, and trouble is this man's name."
Trouble Man är alltså inte direkt en rollfigur med några nämnbara brister. Håll utkik efter skådisar som känns igen från bondrullen Live and Let Die och den första Terminator-filmen, lyssna till Marvin Gayes åldrade musikspår och bara njut!
½ January 27, 2009
A private detective caught in the middle of gang related violence and framed for murder? Trouble was never this well dressed.

A fun little film, doesn't really do anything new in the genre but is very well put together.

Worth a rental.
½ November 2, 2008
He carries two guns: one to stop trouble... and one to MAKE TROUBLE. Ca part pas mal, et puis ça se ramollit sévèrement dans la deuxième partie.
½ October 15, 2008
good stuff but a little dated man
½ June 30, 2008
Welcome to "Trouble Man", a harrowing tale about a man in trouble. A man who hustles pool by day, and helps men in trouble by night. A Robin Hood for the ages, a man-

Let's be honest. I only saw this movie because the trailer was so goddamn hilarious ("Rub him the wrong way, and he'll explode!"). I went in expecting nothing but blaxassery, and that's what I got. It's no Coffy, but Robert Hooks is badass, and you have Paul Winfield, so you can't really go wrong here. I feel like a dick comparing it to Coffy, but that's a Tier #1 grindhouse and blaxploitation film, and thus every film that doesn't match it feels somewhat like a disappointment.
May 20, 2008
"T" is a crtified badass. Righting the wrongs and fighting for the people in a south central ghetto. Fighting whitey's oppresion. This went above and beyond my expextations of a blaxploitation movie. It delivered a sound story supported by badass action scenes and an insanely good Marvin Gaye score. Superbad and super awesome. Probably the best blaxploitation film ever. And he drives my dream car, a 1972 Lincoln Mark IV.
April 29, 2008
This movie took me by surprise. I've seen quite a bit of Blaxploitation films, and seeing the trailer for Trouble Man, this didn't look all that different. Yet as the movie went along it kept its bad-ass quality while providing me some laughs, some pure 70's filmmaking errors, and some high quality 70's filmmaking gold.
April 28, 2008
This movie is grade T...for trouble
April 9, 2008
Up on the roof is a lonely tin man! Bore him to death awkard mustard.
March 12, 2008
I saw the trailer on Youtube. I was\sold from the line 'he's been a man since he was a kid' Sounds awesome
½ December 31, 2007
After watching the trailer for this, it was difficult to expect this movie to match expectations. Upon viewing, I feel confident in saying it's absolutely worthwhile. T reminds me of a blaxploitation version of Harry Callahan -- a badass with his ear to the streets and gets the right thing done in spite of the rules.

Of course, the other big difference between T and Harry: Harry only has his 45 Magnum, while T has two guns -- one gun to stop trouble, and another to start it.
½ October 28, 2007
An inspiration throughout High School.
½ August 31, 2007
the trailer sold the film to me when i bought it, i love the film, but the trailer is probably more fun to watch. a classic film well worth finding.
½ August 29, 2007
An well underrated blaxploitation movie. the best i have seen apart from Superfly..(I have most on DVD now. Now this is a 70's film so it may come across chessy but this could be remade and take it for it's time...Mr T a viglante law enforcer who fights crime...Never causes it but he ends up nearly being framed...The cops want to f*Ck him up and those foolish baddies, but as Mr T gradually works it all out he kicks ass. Probably the coolest Blaxploitation star apart from Shaft. Plus a killer Marvin Gaye score!
August 17, 2007
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
½ June 17, 2007
An underrated blaxploitation powerhouse! Robert Hooks as 'Mr.T', an all-in-one crimefighting dude who busts heads, romances the dames, and is just generally much, much cooler than you. A lesser-known Shaft, and just as fun. Plus a killer Marvin Gaye score!
½ June 4, 2007
Robert Hooks as Mr. T, taking on the guy who played the father on the Waltons. You gotta love this shit.
May 27, 2007
Your run of the mill blaxploitation movie. But, that's not a bad thing!