Troy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Troy Reviews

½ January 3, 2016
It was OK expected much more.
December 23, 2015
A serviceable piece of recent hollywood's attempt to revive the epic film, Troy provides cheap entertainment and exhilarating battle scenes. Boasting excellent costumes and set design and actors who are perhaps too comfortable in their overdone roles, this film makes its money with melodrama and action mixed with dramatic Greeks characteristics. A dramatisisation of The Iliad, though, for all its flash, lacking its epic scale, Troy is entertaining but nothing more.
December 22, 2015
Why the blonde & blue-eyed casts? Very un-authentic feel. Wasn't Iliad set in ancient Greece thousands of years ago?
December 22, 2015
A competent historical action film that retains enough story and refuses just enough ridiculous to warrant viewing. All of the main players are cast perfectly and deliver their lines well, the camera work is competent and this particular version of such a well known tale offers enough novelty.
½ December 15, 2015
90%
Sweeping battle scenes like this without excessive CGI and all human extras have disappeared from Hollywood and it's exactly why Troy is one of the very best and last epic films with realistic action. Who says it's not emotionally resonant? With acting as great as this and a story better than Iliad from which it's adapted, Troy is memorable.
November 27, 2015
"All my life I've lived by a code and the code is simple: honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!"

I love #Hector # Troy
November 22, 2015
Truly great but directors cut is better
September 20, 2015
This is an epic, and it fulfills exactly what you would want from an epic.
September 7, 2015
Decently acted, visually splendid but ultimately lacking in the entertainment, screenplay(and unbearable lenght) department, Troy is a so-so epic film thay will put your patience and time to the test.
½ August 29, 2015
Excellent battle scenes but the adaptation is flawed.
½ August 15, 2015
Although the actings of Brad Pitt,Eric Banna and Sean Bean are nice the script is weak and the battles are unrealistic.
½ August 8, 2015
Classic film. One of the greatest. Pitt's finest performance.
½ August 1, 2015
Majestic with superbly shot battle sequences, Troy is a satisfying adaptation of Homer's epic tale of love and war!
July 29, 2015
I thought it worked out decently I guess.
July 28, 2015
Excellent film Brad Pitt is superb. One of my favorites.
½ July 27, 2015
Not an epic but as a piece of action war popcorn well it's pretty good.
July 7, 2015
The action epic, the acting superb, the script outstanding - Troy is a spectacle of entertainment.
July 6, 2015
Overall this movie was aptly cast in my opinion. Brad Pitt was a great choice for Achilles and I adored Diane Kruger as Helen. This movie depicts a great picture of Ancient Greece but I would have liked to feel more resonance with the main characters. Knowing what happens to Troy in the end, I didn't feel an ounce of sadness, just sorry for their stupidity. Action packed but emotionless.
July 4, 2015
Spectacular battle scenes and soul atmosphere in this historical epic.
June 21, 2015
Don't feel so excited after watching. But the battle scenes in this movie are ELITE!!