True Blood - The Complete First Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

True Blood - The Complete First Season Reviews

February 25, 2013
I think this is the BEST show ever put on tv. my husband got me hooked on it right away. I seriously go thru TRUE BLOOD WITHDRAWLS. if I miss it.l I feel.like a crack addict shaking and puking... Lmao...not literally... but I look forward to every season that comes out. Thanx HBO ...u know how to pick em.
September 27, 2012
Stylish, unique, and awesome! This is what the Twilight series is lacking!
½ February 12, 2011
One of the few television programs i have tried to watch each week in a long time.

Anna Paquin does it for me big time
September 29, 2010
NOT a freakin movie.
flixsterman
July 10, 2010
If you like your vampires bloodthirsty and horny, this is your series. A landmark television production that's thick with satire, social commentary and adult themes. Smart, sexy and freaky.
July 4, 2010
I absolutely love this show. The characters are extremely entertaining, and the plots dark and mysterious. This is not your typical vampire story.
½ June 13, 2010
For those who are interested in vampire movies this one will be entertaining. Here we deal with a town in a middle of equal right movements for vampires, this may sound familiar to you with history events that happened in real life. However we deal with a small southern town where a murder occurs and the main character played by Anna Paquin is somehow involved with the victim or the one who commits the killing. This deals with romance, sex, drugs, homosexuality, mystery. I do not recommend watching this out in the open with those who get turned away from any of the subject matters since they can be pretty graphic in all areas, also there is nudity and that is only expected from an HBO series since they are known to be a little more graphic. We will also see that the vampires are either living okay with the humans or the humans trying to get rid of the vampires, more or less its like watching the events of racism happening but towards vampires and the main character herself is a free spirit and does not confide all the time with the human views but yet knows where she stands in the middle of her society problems. She deals with another problem, falling in love with a vampire and having to deal with her friends not liking it, and seeing on how her love may betray her or even turn on her. Over all do not expect this to be like the " Blade trilogy" as there are no martial arts and gun battles between the humans and vampires.
May 15, 2010
true blood is sexy,funny,scary,intresting and stoic take on the vampire genere
½ April 30, 2010
I had to knock the rating down a bit due to the performance of Tara. She was a bit over the top and unnatural. "Tara" has toned her acting down with season 2 and seems to be inproving. The ensemble cast is among the best I've seem on TV. I love the kooky southern world of Charlaine Harris, and all of the characters in this TV show. Thank goodness HBO picked it up!!!
April 28, 2010
Love tha show so much i dnt ever miss an episode lol !?
April 15, 2010
Flixster adds TV series now?
April 10, 2010
if your not watching this then you are soooo missing out on a golden piece of work im awaiting for season 3 to air in june!!!addictive,sexy and pure genuis!!AMAZEING!!!!
February 18, 2010
I really liked the first season of True Blood, and the accents and personality that the Bayou town has. Not to mention the song and intro at the beginning rocks almost as much as the show and its characters. Good to see a good vampire show with this Twilight crap going around.
½ January 19, 2010
GREAT SHOW.

I'm loving it.
½ January 17, 2010
Its rilly Sexuall ... I felt uncomfortable Watching it with my Neighbors :o
??? This is one youll probly want to watch allone .. Young
Virgin wants to loose her ... To this vampire He is good looking .. And A Married woman is into Freeky sex with vampires And that makes her husband obsessive crazzy .. Or her boyfriend .. Its A Good Show Allot of turns Stays true to the NEW type of vampire Film They have out .
January 10, 2010
Oooo where to start!! True Blood is my favourite tv series! It is raw, dirty, exciting and ORIGINAL! The series is based on a series of books in which vampires are out in the open surviving on synthetic blood and trying (or at times not!) to blend in with human society. The first season follows quirky Sookie falling in love with Vampire Bill, and a string of murders taking place in her hometown. As a huge fan of the books I feel the casting is near perfection (Especially Alexander Skarsgard as Eric... *commence drooling*) The direction is dark, witty, oozing sexuality and often twisted. It has an often silly atmosphere that is grounded by the strong lead roles and developing relationships, and then thrown off kilter again by the fantasy elements and offbeat gore and sex that somehow all comes together to make some damn awesome entertaining viewing!
January 10, 2010
Great new series, one which I will tune in for every new episode. I am engrossed into the reality True Blood creates. This series can only get better and better... the characters are amazingly interesting.
January 9, 2010
Swampy, raw, and filthy. In other words, one of the best vampire makes out there. It breaks the limits of other vampire makes, with its originality and top-of-the-notch actors. Undeniably addictive and deviously good, if you don't watch True Blood then I can honestly say you're missing out on something.
January 2, 2010
The most original storyline and character vampire show/movie ever created. It's seriously just like life as we know it, with thrown in vampires. Now how interesting would that be? Yes, very. Show is amazing.

- Irena