True Blood - The Complete First Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

True Blood - The Complete First Season Reviews

½ January 1, 2010
Me and my wife love this show. The characters are interesting which is important for any show. There's drama, sex, comedy, sex, horror elements and a splash of sex. You get to see a different side of Vampires which is a breath of fresh air.
December 26, 2009
True Blood is my favorite show of all time. I read the entire series that it's based on so you would think that I know what's going to happen on the show, however, the writers created excellent twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. Alan Ball (writer of American Beauty and Six Feet Under) brought this show to life and has done an incredible job. There's also wonderful performances. It is sure to entertain all who watch it. This season was brilliant and so was the second, I can't wait for the third! PS. Twilight sucks in comparison to True Blood!
December 1, 2009
I enjoy this, but I really wish they'd not put pointless sex scenes in almost every episode.
November 6, 2009
ok, this is totally cheesy but I love it~ it's addictive in a totally indulgent and waste-of-time kind of a way - but its easy to get into and entertaining...
½ November 3, 2009
Books are better the tv-series is juss based on the hot sex they are having
September 28, 2009
Pretty freakin great! You feel a real connection with the characters and can't help but wonder and worry about what happens next. Some of the acting can be a little spotty and unfortunately one of the better known actors in it is one of the worst (Sookie) but overall its awesome! I watched all of season one in one weekend and have successfully gotten everyone i know hooked on it!
September 26, 2009
The Best show on television today. Period.
August 30, 2009
The best show on T.V. today. Who thought blood-thirsty sex driven vamps could walk among mortals? This show is definately out there--in a good way! I never know whats going to happen next and I think Sookie & Bill are the cutest couple on the show and in real life. I can't wait for more true blood :)
August 12, 2009
One of the best series on tv right now. It's the hard core version of Twilight. Awesome but not for younger viewers.
August 11, 2009
True Blood makes the Twilight series seem like a Rated G movie. The show is addicting and amazing if you enjoy fantasy. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a sucker for vampires.
July 30, 2009
Well I will be the first to admit it gave this show three episodes. In that time I saw a slightly less teenage twilight taking form with yet again more of this ridiculous vampire delusion that so many people are on. Yet another female writer whom has this incredibly awful picture of what her vampires are like. I was actually extremely disappointed in HBO who alway produce good series for this absolute shit that I had taken part of. I want my three hours back and it can never happen. Heroine addicts at least get some pleasure out of doing nothing. Watching this show for me was like being in a confusing coma with a gay vampire, some she powered black woman(how fucking typical and ignorant to constantly cast them this way), a 110 lb redneck, and i mildly attractive lead played by a girl who vampire teeth would be an improvement to her woeful smile. Enjoy the show...you're all idiots.
July 22, 2009
This show is different but fantastic I would suggest you all to watch at least one episode. To sum it up its exciting, scary at times and weird but it is one of the best shows I have seen
July 19, 2009
Definitely one of the best shows on HBO.
Scripted to perfection. Their take on the vampire lore sets a whole new level for vampire movies and shows.

True Blood was a thrilling and exciting adventure with Sooki Stackhouse, definitely a show to put at the top of your list.
½ July 4, 2009
a brilliant show that has come along when i didn't think shows could get a darker. HBO has helped craft a vision that is not for all tastes but is very atmospheric and odd all the same. the story is excellent and quite bizarre, each character is impressive.
this is one show i think sets a new bench mark for television and will hopefully pave a path more shows like it
½ July 3, 2009
One thing that drew my attention to this series is the buzz around it. If this TV series had not made the trending topic on Twitter, I probably would have never heard of it.

True Blood is Genius! The concept is fresh and even daring if I may say. But what else would you expect from the creator of Six Feet Under and writer of Academy Award winning American Beauty?

True Blood is set in a world where Vampires have only just "come out of the coffins", they now openly coexist with humans. They have their own political movement and they are surviving on a synthetic blood replacement called True Blood.

The story revolves around a character called Sookie Stackhouse (played by X-Men's Anna Paquin), a young woman living in the town of Bon Temps Louisiana. She has a not so special ability, she can hear people thoughts. This ability has its ups and downs for Sookie although more on the downside. Until the day a vampire, Bill Compton, walks into the place she works, Merlottes. She is instantly drawn to him. And within a few minutes of this encounter, her ability saves the life of Bill from two red necks out to draw the Vampire off his Blood.

True Blood is full of colourful characters, all very different from one another. From Sookie's best friend Tara to her wild and free sex crazed brother Jason.

This series rarely lets the viewer down, and instantly draws the viewers into liking the characters. Each episodes of Season One leaves you hungry for more. The only real shame remains in the fact that there are only twelve episodes.

There are many things to look forward to in Season two, but nothing can be said here without spoiling it. If you like witty, sexy, intrigue, imaginative related content, you will be immensely pleased with True Blood Season One.
½ June 11, 2009
A totally innovative take on the whole concept of vampires. The first scene of the entire series teaches you from the get-go that vampires on THIS show aren't always going to be pale, sexy, suave hotties. SOME of them could be homely rednecks! Exciting, fast-paced, and tons of fun.
May 28, 2009
Great show, can't wait to see Season 2. Very addicting, watched 10 epsisode in 12 hours, and watched the last 2 episodes the next day.

Some would say not the best use of time, but a good series none the less...