Truly Madly Deeply Reviews

• Jan 05, 2019

I would imagine this is the film that grief counsellors to this day recommend that their clients watch, it's a (no pun intended) pale version of Ghost with a very English feel, but also introduces some terrible features of British film making like the 'persuading someone you love them by telling them everything you feel ideally on or by the River Thames' (see Four Weddings or Sliding Doors), and the performances show that stiffness that the Brits are only just beginning to slough off, thirty years later!

• Mar 07, 2017

absolutely brilliant. Aland rickman is brilliant. and the sun aint gonna shine anymore will make you tear up. very sad and beautiful film

• Feb 15, 2016

Alan Rickman in an unlikely role as a ghost that returns to help his bereaved girlfriend get over his death.

• Jan 28, 2016

best film I've ever seen about unconditional love

best film I've ever seen about unconditional love

• Jan 17, 2016

One of the most beautiful movies ever.

One of the most beautiful movies ever.

• Jan 15, 2016

A very moving portrayal of loss and its aftereffects on the bereaved.

A very moving portrayal of loss and its aftereffects on the bereaved.

• Jan 14, 2016

Sad, sweet, funny, romantic..... wonderful.

Sad, sweet, funny, romantic..... wonderful.

• Dec 30, 2015

I've had this film on my list to see for years and finally watched last night with my daughter. It is a sweet story that captures loss and longing in a very original way. There were a number of laugh out loud moments, and the resolution was satisfying and happy.

• Dec 10, 2015

Absolutely adore it. Alan Rickman is so wonderful in this lovely romance.

Absolutely adore it. Alan Rickman is so wonderful in this lovely romance.

• Oct 09, 2015

A good example of how the British version of same things, same themes, is almost always more true, more mad and deep (and of course more literate) than its American copies and counterparts. At least to me.