The Trumpet of the Swan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Trumpet of the Swan Reviews

August 11, 2016
Based on E.B. White's novel, The Trumpet of the Swan didn't do its source justice.
½ May 26, 2016
Embarrassing adaptation with no redeeming qualities that is so abysmal you'd be better off.... ehhh doing anything else
½ July 26, 2015
That's the sound of romance!

A proud pair of Trumpet Swans give birth to a baby swan that unfortunately grows up without a voice that his parents can hear or understand. One day he comes across a silver trumpet that gives him a voice that allows him to communicate. He restores his place in the flock but trouble with humans is afoot.

"We did it! An egg! My egg!"
"Our egg."

Terry Noss (Dennis the Menace and the Swan Princess) and Richard Rick (Black Cauldron and The Fox and the Hound) collaborate to deliver The Trumpet of the Swan. The storyline for this picture is average and on par with Swan Princess. The animation is just okay and the voices were provided by Jason Alexander, Reece Witherspoon, Seth Green, and Joe Montegna.

"I haven't got to the part about objections yet."

I came across this on HBOGO and decided it may be a fun movie to watch with my daughter. She adored it beginning to end. I cannot say this is anything special, or worth purchasing, but it is worth a viewing once with your child.

"Go easy on the baked beans."

Grade: C
August 16, 2014
While it does go rather overly twee for its own good quite often, the film was cute, and enjoyable throughout (heck, it didn't even have cringe-inducing songs, which is more than quite a few animated films can claim). It does play out in some ways rather similarly to the vastly superior "Happy Feet", but at least it's not completely the same. It's probably meant more for young children, but you can do much, much worse as far as light animated diversion goes.
January 18, 2014
Even though there are only a few appeals, the animated adaptation of another E.B. White's novel is a film for youngsters like the ones who watch another kiddie show "Dragon Tales." (C+)
½ January 18, 2013
"The Trumpet of the Swan" entretiene a los niņos sanamente pero no ofrece nada para la audiencia mayor.
November 12, 2012
Hey Richard Rich, when did you become the Uwe Boll of animation?
October 26, 2012
I give this one star, because this film did not follow the original book that well. I was very excited when I first heard that there was a movie to one my favorite books, but when the movie was over, I had mixed feelings. I was throughly disappointed with this movie. In fact, the animation is not that good. It isn't horrible, but it isn't good, either.
½ July 15, 2012
Oh,god,this was pure kiddy cliched crap
½ July 7, 2012
follows the book better than most movies.
November 4, 2011
THIS FILM IS BEAUTIFUL. SAW IT WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL AND I THOUGHT IT WAS STUNNING.
October 24, 2010
OMG!!! This is the sweetest little movie!!!
½ December 30, 2009
Loved the book and loved the movie.
November 21, 2009
Cute movie. I loved the father and his melodrama!
½ October 6, 2009
Without a doubt, the worst animated film I have ever seen. Music so bad it's scary, a plot that makes absolutely no sense, awful voice syncing, and, worst of all, the worst line in cinema history.
"Is it time for recess yet?" -The Teacher (in the most obnoxious voice ever)
½ July 13, 2009
Very childish and the singing becomes so boring that most people would switch the TV off before half-way through.
March 5, 2009
:fresh: [CENTER]The third movie I saw in theaters (behind Elmo in Grouchland and Toy Story 2) is highly entertaining and a very lovable adaption of E.B. White's story.[/CENTER]
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
October 21, 2008
I own it, so I might as well see it once.
April 22, 2008