Trust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trust Reviews

November 1, 2016
Well, that was surprisingly heavy. Involuntary tears across face. A bit melodramatic though as a side note. Along with sloppy performances
½ August 28, 2016
When Annie, a 14-year-old girl, is seduced by a 41-year-old internet predator she knows only as "Charlie," it tears apart her family. While her father becomes obsessed with revenge fantasies, Annie enters therapy, where she refuses to admit she's been victimized.

A well directed movie by David Schwimmer.
August 16, 2016
Tem atores competentes, um enredo sem muitas novidades e uma direção irregular de David Schwimmer. É basicamente a história de uma garota iludida e molestada sexualmente que, a princípio, cria (ou mantém) um sentimento de afeto pelo próprio agressor e o que o acontecido provoca nas pessoas ao seu redor e nela mesma. Não é ruim, até tem bons momentos, mas "Confiar" é dispensável.
½ June 7, 2016
Great film ending was poor. Great to see how how live with evil in our streets praying on kids
February 17, 2016
Schwimmer really makes us empathize with his characters and directs this disquieting drama with a remarkable confidence, never letting the plot become exploitative or trivial, but the third act gives in to some unnecessary conflicts and the resolution is a bit clichéd.
½ December 28, 2015
Great film just shows how dangerous the Internet is and it brings real teas to your eyes during some parts of the film it is a shame that they didn't catch the guy at the end of the movie but they have to make it feel realistic as in fact most of these sick people never get cough which is a shame.
November 21, 2015
Tough to act sometimes. The girl is very good as the 14 years old that get fooled. The dad good but some bits may be a little too much and was too hard to be believable. The story line was okay and we were not sure what the direction it was going until late. The story was straight after all. I was expecting a more unusual outcome but I guess, in the USA, it was not going to happen already. I liked that the "creep" was not your regular suspect, but a parent like the paedophiles are mostly in real life. Well, the ones that didn't take a vow of chastity I mean. Haha!
August 10, 2015
Trust is one of the most underrated movies of all time. About 10 people saw it when it came out. So unfair. SO. UNFAIR. It's a marvelously acted drama that every parent and teenager needs to see (and it's directed by David Schwimmer! Who knew this guy could direct such a gut-wrenching drama?!). The acting is incredible, particularly from 14 year old Liana Liberato. She's unforgettable. Schwimmer avoids making an action thriller about online sexual predators and creates a real human story about the after effects of an insecure girl who is raped by a "boy" she meets online. One of my favorite movies of 2011.
July 27, 2015
This movie was incredibly hard to rate. At times I wanted to give it a very good score, because it promotes such important awareness, and the performances (for the most part) are extremely believable. Yet I couldn't bear to say "I liked it." This movie angered me so much, because what it portrayed sickened me to my stomach.

Liana Liberato goes above and beyond in her acting as Annie, the naive 14-year old protagonist. Clive Owen is just as good as the emotionally distraught father who seeks revenge for the monster who did what he did to his little girl.

The reason this movie is so well done is because it leaves you in a torrent of emotion. You feel sadness and pity, but also waves of anger and disbelief that this kind of bull is actually happening in real life.
May 16, 2015
Powerful and moving shifting sympathese and allegiances with each character as each disappears deeper down the mistrusted rabbit hole. What steals the show are the performances by the leads in particular Liana Liberato and how the hot topic themes relate to the threatening dangers of our current society. This isnt an easy watch but as it progresses the gripping tension between the depleting family keeps you hooked and begging for redemption. The end credits are also the most frightening you will ever see. A very strong yet not enjoyable film that has to be viewed. Who would have thought Ross from Friends had this up his sleeve.
April 6, 2015
This movie bothered me on so many levels.... it was hard to watch. I don't understand parents who give their young children computers and don't monitor them. Watching the pedophile wooing and lying to this young girl. I don't know how many times I screamed in my head for her to "run". When she finally met up with him and I saw how old he was, I was ill.

The aftermath was difficult to watch as well. After the rape (and yes, it was rape) watching the young girl stick up for this pedophile because she mistakenly believed he loved her. The parents made so many mistakes.. I wouldn't have given her another cell phone and her computer use would be monitored like a hawk. It was difficult to watch the family disintegrate but I understood their anger and frustration.

I wish the ending had more resolution.... it was interesting to see where they had all met "Charlie/Winston" but I wish they had shown him getting caught by the FBI or the father having 10 minutes alone with him. I felt angry when this was over.
April 1, 2015
What a strong film with a very strong statement!! this is a must see for parents and their teen children to be aware of online predators and sexual trafficking. Excellent scrip with great performances!
March 31, 2015
I had my doubts about this movie, but now having watched it, I can only say that this is a pretty damn great movie! It's one of those that when you see them, you think they are great, but you never really want to watch them again. The main theme of the movie is very serious, and the way it's handled is very dark and grim, kind of reminds of "The Lovely Bones", which is also a great a movie if you didn't see it, you should. Anyways, the story is well structured and the ending is quite unexpected. It leaves quite a lot of things unanswered, but is also very satisfying. Actors did a really good job, they were very believable, especially Clive Owen who portrayed Annie's dad. That ending scene was just powerful! Annie does some really stupid stuff, and for the most of the movie you'll just end up screaming at her for doing what she did. The movie deals with the problem really well, and has a very good message. All in all, I'd say it's a great movie to show teenagers who are 'a bit' too exposed on social networks, so they can see what kind of stuff lurks behind the mask of the internet.
March 8, 2015
Director David Schwimmer plays it incredibly safe with this domestic drama, in which Clive Owen's teenage daughter gets involved with a paedophile via an internet chat room.
There's some fine performances, but the film itself is a big build up to nothing, lacking the guts to tackle it's controversial subject.
February 13, 2015
The best film regarding online predators I've seen. Raw, emotional, and excellent performances by the cast.
½ February 13, 2015
im glad i didn't see who directed this until afterwards, really powerful film and well shot. Clever how it shows the denial and how annie slowly comes to terms with what has happened to her. Powerful watching, David Schwimmer does a great job at directing this. Was surprised to see his name pop up at the end.
December 16, 2014
I liked the idea of the movie, the actors were great too, but the end disappointed me...:(
December 5, 2014
Pointless-doesn't have an ending. goes no where
½ October 29, 2014
3 1/2 stars!

Quite an enlightening film, makes you realise how easy it is for creepy old men to talk to young girls. Puts you quite on edge as well! It's pretty deep!
Good though.