Trust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trust Reviews

November 28, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Una película tan política, que la esencia de su trama se basa en como funciona el marco legal en temas de asalto sexual cibernético; y no en una fidedigna introspección hacia la complejidad emocional de los personajes implicados en el asunto.
½ November 21, 2017
maybe this " friends" jerk can direct better than he can act.
½ November 6, 2017
Trust is merciless in exploring a tough theme and repercussions in a vulnerable victim.
August 21, 2017
A very Powerful Movie! This movie should be played in schools. Things like this happen every day. Very scary but real. Very well done and great acting.
August 8, 2017
Trust is a creepy movie about a sexual predator who seduces and abuses a teenager. The acting is good, the pacing is good, and the story is good overall. I feel the ending should have been extended by a few more minutes. Did the police get closer to cracking the case? Who was the next potential victim?
If you have teenagers and you're a parent, this is an extremely uncomfortable movie to watch. But at the same time, it has some scenes where it's very real. GOOD... 3/5 OR 6/10
½ June 7, 2017
This movie is scary because its real, and that's the worst part about it.

When Annie, a 14-year-old girl, is seduced by a 41-year-old internet predator she knows only as "Charlie," it tears apart her family. While her father becomes obsessed with revenge fantasies, Annie enters therapy, where she refuses to admit she's been victimized.

Movies like this are hard to watch. Whether its because you're around the same age, you're a parent of a child, or even if it's because you can relate, films like this are scary. They're scary because they're real and its depicting such a sensitive situation that it can make you sick. I think David Schwimmer really brought a lot to the table and his execution for this film was solid.

One thing I'll say is that the lead actress is really good. Liana Liberato really brought this realistic feel to her role and she displayed her emotions really well. I think that in a movie like this, it's really important that your cast is strong, otherwise certain moments will lose its gravity of emotional terror.

The screenplay for this film was really good overall and I think it was written well. This film won't blow you away with its originality by any means, but I think its written really well for its purpose. In all honesty, I think that some high schools should gives this film a chance and show it in some classes. Yes it's rated R and some content may be too much, but this stuff is serious and it shouldn't be a matter that we turn our heads away from.

In the end, this film was very solid and emotional in many ways. I think it executes well around a very sensitive topic, leaving even me frightened by the time the credits rolled.
½ February 12, 2017
Brutal, raw, and emotional, Trust as heavy subject matter but treats its with respect and dignity. It could have become a cheap exploitation revenge fantasy but instead deals with the fallout of a terrible crime. The acting is top notch from everyone and it makes for a very compelling and deep drama.
½ February 11, 2017
The movie starts off at a good note at this girl's 14th birthday party. She gets a MacBook Pro for her birthday and starts chatting with a boy called Charlie who ends up being a child molester. I think she should have talked to Charlie a little bit longer until they meet just to build up the tension. The story line is interesting at some points but also dull. If you were looking for a movie about talking to someone online this is not the movie for that, as in this movie focuses more on solving the crime instead of the crime itself. Overall this is a good movie, but I wouldn't watch it again.
January 10, 2017
Not recommended for dads with little girls.
GJ David Schimmer. Didn't know Ross had such good movies on his directorial roster.
December 28, 2016
When I watched this movie I never expected such a emotional story of how a young girl was sexually abused, this movie sure does show how dangerous the internet can really be
December 11, 2016
This confident and commendable directorial effort from David Schwimmer (of TV FRIENDS fame) is an thoroughly intense exposition on online sex predation and the irremediable destruction it brings upon a close-knit family.
November 1, 2016
Well, that was surprisingly heavy. Involuntary tears across face. A bit melodramatic though as a side note. Along with sloppy performances
½ August 28, 2016

A well directed movie by David Schwimmer.
August 16, 2016
Tem atores competentes, um enredo sem muitas novidades e uma direção irregular de David Schwimmer. É basicamente a história de uma garota iludida e molestada sexualmente que, a princípio, cria (ou mantém) um sentimento de afeto pelo próprio agressor e o que o acontecido provoca nas pessoas ao seu redor e nela mesma. Não é ruim, até tem bons momentos, mas "Confiar" é dispensável.
½ June 7, 2016
Great film ending was poor. Great to see how how live with evil in our streets praying on kids
February 17, 2016
Schwimmer really makes us empathize with his characters and directs this disquieting drama with a remarkable confidence, never letting the plot become exploitative or trivial, but the third act gives in to some unnecessary conflicts and the resolution is a bit clichéd.
½ December 28, 2015
Great film just shows how dangerous the Internet is and it brings real teas to your eyes during some parts of the film it is a shame that they didn't catch the guy at the end of the movie but they have to make it feel realistic as in fact most of these sick people never get cough which is a shame.
November 21, 2015
Tough to act sometimes. The girl is very good as the 14 years old that get fooled. The dad good but some bits may be a little too much and was too hard to be believable. The story line was okay and we were not sure what the direction it was going until late. The story was straight after all. I was expecting a more unusual outcome but I guess, in the USA, it was not going to happen already. I liked that the "creep" was not your regular suspect, but a parent like the paedophiles are mostly in real life. Well, the ones that didn't take a vow of chastity I mean. Haha!
November 21, 2015