Tube Tales - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tube Tales Reviews

½ December 28, 2015
Frustratingly disjointed (even for an anthology) and ugly to look at, Tube Tales is a movie that you'll want to forget quickly.
½ January 13, 2013
Liked the denise van outen, vomit and ray winstone stories the best, thought Ewan McGregors story was pants
June 10, 2012
9 short stories centred around different peoples lives on the underground. Nothing outstanding but some fine actors here and gives some like bob Hoskins the chance to get behind he camera and do some directing.
½ January 7, 2012
Was a good fun watch...a mix of stories with lots a good British actors
October 23, 2010
This is a collection of nine short stories centred in and around the London Underground, known by the locals as 'The Tube'. Each story has a different director which makes for quite an interesting feel to the film. It was originally made for TV but I don't think that detracts too much from the quality of the piece.

There are some well known actors involved in the project, both from film and (UK) TV. These include, Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, Simon Pegg, Sean Pertwee, Liz Smith, Denise Van Outen, Don Warrington, Rachel Weisz and Ray Winstone. I particularly liked the performances of Denise Van Outen in 'Horny', Don Warrington in 'Steal Away' and Ray Winstone in 'My Father the Liar'. Although all the performances were pretty good.

Over all I found this a bit hit and miss. Some stories were great whereas others just failed to hit the mark. It's still a very watchable piece, but, I suspect, one you'll only watch once. I should warn you that there are a few pretty gross things that go on down there, so I advise not watching during a meal. My two favourite segments were 'Rosebud' and 'Steal Away': Recommended, especially for these two.

My score: 6.2/10
½ March 8, 2010
this film was all over the place so made it hard to even enjoy. and i didn't. it's a who's who of english actors and the stories were weak and just did not flow. not that much fun.
February 9, 2010
A strange indie film this. Nine different stories set on the London tube system. I don't know if it's me but i didn't get some of the stories points. Still worth watching if you enjoy indie gems.
November 18, 2009
Very authentic, in that they made me really not want to use the tube
October 19, 2009
An anthology of short films, based upon the real-life experiences of passengers on the London Underground that were originally submitted to Time Out magazine, and funded by Sky. They got some really talented filmmakers in to do some of the segments, (some of them are directed by top actors), and they feature some good actors too. Like all anthology films, some segments work better than others, but it makes for entertaining viewing. There are 9 segments, they range Horny, written and directed by Stephen Hopkins, about a young woman (Denise Van Outen), who uses her sexuality to take advantage of a sleazy old man (Tom Bell). There's My Father the Liar, directed by Bob Hoskins, and it has a father (Ray Winstone) who lies to protect his young son (Tom Watson), after they witness a suicide at a tube station. There's Bone, directed by Ewan McGregor, where a trombonist (Nicolas Tennant), who fantasises about a girl in a lost travel card, and there's A Bird in the Hand, directed by Jude Law, about an old man (Alan Miller) who saves a stunned bird trapped on a tube train. It's a good anthology film, and it doesn't go on for too long either. They all weave into one another nicely, they're all different and have their own individual look. Although done cheaply, they're all well made, and bring out a unique view of London's Underground.
August 26, 2009
Good set of short stories on the London underground but the last 2 stories were especially bad and spoil the film as a whole
½ August 22, 2009
½ June 13, 2009
gross. I felt sick after watching this movie.
½ May 3, 2009
Original and interesting.
½ February 1, 2009
a big LOL. except the very last story which was exceptionally philosophical
November 4, 2008
Low budget stories about tube travel. Some brilliantly told with twists, some just plain irritating.
½ August 17, 2008
All the possible scenarios, irritations, and musings that could occur on a tube journey has, here, been brought into light in the most impeccable fashion. Truly riveting, original, and stunning.
July 31, 2008
it's rather good just certain stories i didn't really like
July 26, 2008
One again showing why we don't make many British films. It's a selection of 9, frankly amateur, short filims. It looks surprisingly dated.
May 1, 2008
Collection of short films all based around or on the London underground. Worth watching if you are a regular traveller on the tube.
April 12, 2008
Certainly different, a series of short stories set around the London Underground.