Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ridiculous but funny
January 4, 2017
Funny movie a must see
January 1, 2017
Do you like movies where the camping college kids all get killed except that one girl? Then this movie is right up you're alley but you must like comedy with your horror! A Must-see
December 18, 2016
Tucker and Dale switches up stereotypes to deliver an over the top film that builds upon ridiculous scenarios. Incredibly enjoyable to watch.
½ December 5, 2016
Brilliantly entertaining. A must see for viewers seeking comedy.
November 28, 2016
Yes, it's one joke made into a whole movie, but who cares when it's done this brilliantly? A horror-comedy that would make Sam Raimi proud. It's not only really funny and well made, it's also surprisingly moving and thought provoking in its message. Perhaps the best "anti-regional stereotype" movies ever made. It's the cure for Deliverance.
½ November 15, 2016
I love this movie. It pokes fun of horror movies while having a lot of the good elements of being a horror movie. it was also hysterical and you wanted the heroes to win and you wanted the girl to love the guy . you think they are backwoods , idiots but they are just your average cool guys you would wanna hang with . I recommend this to anyone who like movies like shaun of the dead and zombieland
November 2, 2016
Funniest movie ever ...
October 31, 2016
OMG. Funny. Really funny. Great Halloween movie.
October 28, 2016
A very well executed parody movie that tries very hard to cram a moral down your throat for some reason. As a result, it had a very lame, and not very interesting ending. The first two acts are well worth it though.
½ October 27, 2016
As a hater of horror films I tend to love movies that take a more tongue-in-cheek look at the tropes found in those movies I hate. Therefore, Tucker and Dale vs Evil was almost perfectly suited to my taste. It's a film about a group of college kids who go out into the woods for a trip but run into 2 hillbillies named Tucker and Dale, and a lot of horrific things begin to happen. I don't know if I want to spoil anything beyond that, but perhaps the title of the film already says too much. The point is that one misunderstanding compounds on another and leads the movie down some hilariously unexpected paths. And yet, while it's eliciting laughs by making fun of horror cliches, it also accomplishes the task of being a legit horror movie in its own right. There are so many great moments, and they keep the mix of humor and horror going right up until the end credits. Somehow they even managed to make the movie a little bit heartwarming which astounded me as well. Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine are superb in the title roles, but I also have to acknowledge how great the casting was of the college kids that all fit into traditional slasher film stereotypes. If you are intrigued at all by what I've said then definitely seek out this movie and give it a shot. It might be my favorite horror comedy since Shaun of the Dead.
½ October 19, 2016
Unexpectedly hilarious. Captivating and an overall fun watch.
October 18, 2016
One of the best horror-comedy movies with an awesome lead duo from Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk, a series of hilarious misunderstandings, and a surprising amount of heart.
½ September 26, 2016
"Tucker & Dale vs Evil" is an entertaining horror comedy which takes the premise of a bunch of college kids taking a trip into the woods only to be hunted and murdered by hillbillies...and flips it on it's head. As a fan of slasher and horror films of this ilk, I was laughing a lot as each killed got picked off mostly by accident...and the hillbillies are just as scared and baffled by the events as the college kids themselves. A good twist on many horror movie tropes, with some a bit of heart and character arcs mixed in nicely. For horror fans? Definitely recommended.
½ September 24, 2016
This was a very fun movie to watch. It was listed under horror on Netflix but I honestly think its a comedy. Tucker and Dale were so stupid and made for some really good comedy. Death scenes were pretty well done also. The ending was meh but overall great movie
September 21, 2016
Original, funny, entertaining
½ September 11, 2016
Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil is a subversively fun deconstruction of the horror genre that manages to flip the script, deliver a good story and complete its other goals in a very friendly 88 minutes with a lovable cast and a premise that's more than a little bit thoughtful. Plenty of more serious directors could take a few lessons from Craig's minimalist production.
September 10, 2016
Very tongue in cheek regarding slasher films. A breath of fresh air for the genre.
September 3, 2016
A pretty entertaining and unusual dark comedy take on a traditional slasher film, 'Tucker and Dale vs Evil' tells the story of two hapless country boys who find themselves in the middle of a serious misunderstanding. Worth a rental.
September 1, 2016
Fun! A fresh take to a cliche.