Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil Reviews

May 8, 2017
Really funny movie, that is clever and stupid at the same time, clever comedy.
April 29, 2017
If you haven't seen this total gem of a film, then please rectify this now, Tucker And Dale Vs Evil is just about the sweetest, most good natured gore-fest you will ever see and one of the absolute greatest horror comedies ever made. I love this film!
April 15, 2017
Still an absolutely fantastic film. Some of the best horror-satire out there.
½ March 21, 2017
Its satire is one admittedly contrived joke, but "Tucker and Dale vs. Evil" hilariously rips the horror genre in a way that puts it in the same vein as "Scream."
March 16, 2017
Cute, funny and silly don't know why its so good it just is.
½ March 11, 2017
Classic, pretty much nails all the of bad or overplayed horror clique/tropes.
½ March 8, 2017
loved this film, funny, bloody, satirical, it has it all. Mocking of pop culture and classics of the horror genera.
½ March 3, 2017
There are some cheap laughs strewn throughout, but it felt self-conscious and like it was trying too hard. On top of that, while I understand the trope, the misunderstandings here seemed so easy to avoid that it was blatantly frustrating. And extremely predictable, except for one final twist that just made me shrug my shoulders in apathy.
February 11, 2017
A delightful and welcome satire of the slasher genre.
½ February 11, 2017
Turning all sorts of cliches on its head, Tucker and Dale vs Evil is a fun bloody and violent romp that both homages and spoofs the genre quite nicely. There are some solid moments and the movie never lets up, even though its cheesy as hell. Definitely only for hardcore slasher movie lovers, as the casual person may not get all the references.
½ February 9, 2017
Watched it on an airplane after being recommended as one of the funniest hidden gem movies ever. Maybe exhaled through my noise to "laugh" once or twice but this movie was pretty forgettable.
½ February 7, 2017
Comedy that knows it's just a comedy. If you're looking for a fun film that will constantly make you laugh you've found it.
January 26, 2017
Awesome. One of my faves. These guys are hilarious and the movie is really funny with a great storyline that is opposite of what you'd expect from a standard horror movie.
January 26, 2017
Seriously funny. This is going to be one of my favorites. Laughed a helluva lot!
January 16, 2017
I'm not really a fan of the horror genre. Mostly, I feel the plots are contrived, the characters are downright idiotic, and the violence is over-the-top. Of course, when I heard about Tucker and Dale vs. Evil years ago, I said, "pass." The friend who suggested I see it assured me that it wasn't like all the other horror films. The fact is, it is exactly like all the other horror films, but it is self-aware of this fact. Because the film is self-aware, it recognizes every single horror genre trope and makes fun of it.

As time went by, more people suggested I see this film, so I finally caved during a slow weekend at home. Being the self-aware film that it is, the plot is simple and the production values are limited, at best. What really makes the film enjoyable to watch is the fact that the whole premise is practically a "comedy of errors." Lack of communication just adds to the hilarity as a bunch of cliché college students find themselves killed off one-by-one by their own bad luck. If I were to compare this to another, well-known horror franchise, this film has the setting of The Evil Dead (1981) with the comedy of Army of Darkness (1992).

Unfortunately, because it holds to the tropes of the horror genre, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil doesn't have much to offer other than a funny commentary on the horror genre as a whole. The independent nature of the project and limited budget really show through, even if the comedy is spot on. The main characters of Tucker (Alan Tudyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine) are worth the watch, regardless.

An amusing examination of the ridiculous nature of horror films, I give Tucker and Dale vs. Evil 3.0 stars out of 5.
½ January 8, 2017
Ridiculous but funny
January 4, 2017
Funny movie a must see
January 1, 2017
Do you like movies where the camping college kids all get killed except that one girl? Then this movie is right up you're alley but you must like comedy with your horror! A Must-see
December 18, 2016
Tucker and Dale switches up stereotypes to deliver an over the top film that builds upon ridiculous scenarios. Incredibly enjoyable to watch.
½ December 5, 2016
Brilliantly entertaining. A must see for viewers seeking comedy.