Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil Reviews

February 5, 2018
I guess I should say this review contains spoilers, even though there's not much to spoil. This is just such a boring, one-joke movie. It's pretty much an SNL skit stretched out to feature length. Idiotic teens mistake a couple of stereotypical crackers for killers, attack them, but only manage to kill themselves in the process. Multiple times. End credits.
There's really not much more to the story. It's a waste of time and talent.
½ February 4, 2018
Its just so funny and a nice twist on the rednecks in the woods flick. One of my favourites.
January 17, 2018
one of the best movies i have ever seen
January 2, 2018
Laugh my F@#% ass off!!!
December 15, 2017
This is a highly amusing gory comedy that shouldn't be as entertaining as it should be, subverting the slasher horror movie formula on it's head.
½ December 13, 2017
A great horror/comedy. A funny and sCarrY plot with many a funny moment, 2 very lovable hillbillies and classic College Kids.
December 11, 2017
Very funny and enjoyable. The 2 main actors work really well together, the rest of the cast do seem a bit expendable, but thats not really that much of a factor. Great watch.
November 25, 2017
One of the best horror comedies ever made, Tucker and Dale vs Evil benefits from an expert blend of scares and laughs, a fantastic script, and two great lead performances by Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine. Like The Cabin in the Woods would do a year later, the film flips typical genre tropes and cliches on their heads, reversing the roles of killer and victim. Overall, this is an awesome movie in every sense of the word.
November 19, 2017
Second watch was better! Funny!
November 10, 2017
Had a lot of potential but the characters are unlikable and the third act of the film is terrible
October 22, 2017
I thought it was really good. It was twisting cliches, not relying on them. It kind of satirizes horror films from the 1970s and 80s, while providing a sweet story. If you don't like it, then you don't see the satire or humor.
½ October 18, 2017
Tucker and Dale vs Evil bends genre-conventions in another horror comedy of irony and stupidity
October 8, 2017
Bad dumb horror comedy movie, a ripoff of evil dead sorta.
October 2, 2017
Tyler labine is fucking amazing in every movie why is he not more famous?? This is definitely a classic!
October 1, 2017
This film must be the biggest misunderstanding to ever happen, its like nothing I have seen. A lot of comedy, gore and some romance thrown into the mix makes for a great watch. Whoops I have fallen and landed face first in a wood chipper, should really be more careful. If I had a nickel for each time that's happened to me... I'd be dead, cause it's a wood chipper. The acting definitely lacks in areas, not enough to ruin the film.

I like the underlining message it gives off, don't judge a book by it's cover, don't stereotype. The film doesn't have a deep meaning, just that's something I took away from it. It's something I have never seen done before.
September 28, 2017
PROS: It's a clever spoof on the hillbilly horror movie without being too over the top. I got a kick out of Tucker unintentionally looking like a maniac because he's swinging a chainsaw at attacking wasps. Tucker and Dale are so sweet and likable, you feel terrible that they're in this predicament. (Spoiler) The love interest works and doesn't feel as ridiculous as it should (End of spoiler).

CONS: Not a ton of laughs. I thought the movie was more witty than funny.
September 12, 2017
brilliant....poetry....pure joy. I'm an atheist yet I thank the lord for this movie. It just makes me so...so...so...happy. When people show that good writing and good story telling is more important than spending money on explosions... justice is served.
September 9, 2017
This movie made me laugh like no other movie has in a long time except for maybe Cedar Rapids.
September 7, 2017
Great movie! Laughed a lot!