Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil Reviews

½ October 27, 2016
As a hater of horror films I tend to love movies that take a more tongue-in-cheek look at the tropes found in those movies I hate. Therefore, Tucker and Dale vs Evil was almost perfectly suited to my taste. It's a film about a group of college kids who go out into the woods for a trip but run into 2 hillbillies named Tucker and Dale, and a lot of horrific things begin to happen. I don't know if I want to spoil anything beyond that, but perhaps the title of the film already says too much. The point is that one misunderstanding compounds on another and leads the movie down some hilariously unexpected paths. And yet, while it's eliciting laughs by making fun of horror cliches, it also accomplishes the task of being a legit horror movie in its own right. There are so many great moments, and they keep the mix of humor and horror going right up until the end credits. Somehow they even managed to make the movie a little bit heartwarming which astounded me as well. Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine are superb in the title roles, but I also have to acknowledge how great the casting was of the college kids that all fit into traditional slasher film stereotypes. If you are intrigued at all by what I've said then definitely seek out this movie and give it a shot. It might be my favorite horror comedy since Shaun of the Dead.
½ October 19, 2016
Unexpectedly hilarious. Captivating and an overall fun watch.
October 18, 2016
One of the best horror-comedy movies with an awesome lead duo from Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk, a series of hilarious misunderstandings, and a surprising amount of heart.
½ September 26, 2016
"Tucker & Dale vs Evil" is an entertaining horror comedy which takes the premise of a bunch of college kids taking a trip into the woods only to be hunted and murdered by hillbillies...and flips it on it's head. As a fan of slasher and horror films of this ilk, I was laughing a lot as each killed got picked off mostly by accident...and the hillbillies are just as scared and baffled by the events as the college kids themselves. A good twist on many horror movie tropes, with some a bit of heart and character arcs mixed in nicely. For horror fans? Definitely recommended.
½ September 24, 2016
This was a very fun movie to watch. It was listed under horror on Netflix but I honestly think its a comedy. Tucker and Dale were so stupid and made for some really good comedy. Death scenes were pretty well done also. The ending was meh but overall great movie
September 21, 2016
Original, funny, entertaining
½ September 11, 2016
Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil is a subversively fun deconstruction of the horror genre that manages to flip the script, deliver a good story and complete its other goals in a very friendly 88 minutes with a lovable cast and a premise that's more than a little bit thoughtful. Plenty of more serious directors could take a few lessons from Craig's minimalist production.
September 10, 2016
Very tongue in cheek regarding slasher films. A breath of fresh air for the genre.
September 3, 2016
A pretty entertaining and unusual dark comedy take on a traditional slasher film, 'Tucker and Dale vs Evil' tells the story of two hapless country boys who find themselves in the middle of a serious misunderstanding. Worth a rental.
September 1, 2016
Fun! A fresh take to a cliche.
½ August 28, 2016
91% Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is more original and fun to watch than pretty much any other horror comedy to come out of this generation.
August 23, 2016
not my kind of movie with the gory bits, but it was quite funny despite that...
August 14, 2016
- I think one of the reasons I picked this out was just cause of the title. And, I think Wash is in it.
- The guy's holding a beer can that says "Beer".
- Takes place in the Appalachian mountains, WV. Pretty.
- OMG they brought a chipper with them.
- The movie's going to be one giant hilarious misunderstanding.
- Comedy gold: start chainsawing a tree containing biggest hornet's nest ever created. When irate hornets flee said nest, wave running chainsaw in air, screaming like a madman towards already frightened college co-eds.
- The chipper has writing on it that declares itself as "Woody the Chipper"
- This movie is freakin hilarious.
- "You OK?!" he asked the legs sticking out of Woody.
- OMG it's getting better. The whole movie is a monument to shitty communication and erroneous judgements.
- But even the best communication goes when out the window when you're trying to explain the bottom half of a human you're holding. Even if he did huck himself headfirst into Woody.
- "You OK?!" he asked the sheriff with the board nailed to his forehead.
- These college kids are dumber than a bag of rocks. Rocks that went to Idiot School.
- Now they're holding the cute marshmewwow fwuffball puppy hostage. :(
- This is my absolute favorite genre of movie: Everything that can go wrong, does. Hilariously.
- In an interesting turn of events, Chad said he was going to charge in, guns blazing. What actually happened was that his friend set him ablaze. Well done, Director Guy.
- Wash cleans up nice. Rather appropriate.
- If your attacker is wielding a chainsaw, hiding in a wooden structure is less than advisable.

This is now one of my favorite movies.
½ August 8, 2016
It is super nice to see how instead of being a one-joke movie stretched for two hours it manages to find new ways to surprise us and make fun of slashers clichés without seeming stupid or missing what makes it so funny - and it is very funny, with the bonus of also having a heart.
½ August 8, 2016
This was pretty funny. A clever addition to the comedy/horror genre.
August 4, 2016
Such a fun and funny movie. Big fan of Tyler Labine. He was perfect for this part.
August 2, 2016
One of the most entertaining films I have ever seen! I cried laughing on at least 2 occasions during the movie and multiple times since while either thinking about them or trying to recite them to friends.
July 28, 2016
The first horror comedy I've seen. Not a genre I would expect to work at all. But it did. It is absolutely hilarious but has its intense moments also. But to be honest it would not amount to much were it not for the two hilarious stars.
July 17, 2016
Though I didn't quite buy the ending (I'm a cynic, which isn't the movie's fault), I rarely have this much fun in a movie.
July 8, 2016
This was funny and everything I expected it to be from the trailers. There aren't really many surprises in this film, even a very short trailer would quickly and easily ruin all the premises for you, so if you haven't seen a trailer for this in awhile (or ever) do yourself a favor and watch the film. Just funny enough to watch the whole thing and laugh several times. 4/5