Tucker: The Man and His Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tucker: The Man and His Dream Reviews

½ July 31, 2016
A sharp, breezy, and charmingly directed outing from Francis Ford Coppola, this true story of a dreamer who always tried to smile is a sadly forgotten gem.
½ June 11, 2016
Entrepreneur with a dream to design and produce a superior automobile and just as he is ready to start large-scale production, he is shut down by officials in the back pocket of the big businesses that are threatened. Only in America!
April 3, 2016
Auto pioneer invests his idea for the car of the future; building his dream and, thus, threatening to bring the Detroit auto industry to its knees with its ingenuity and innovation. Film portrays Tucker in an entirely one-sided light, which ultimately works against itself and seems to limit its credibility.
½ November 2, 2015
Jeff Bridges makes the viewing worth while giving a really great charismatic performance as well as Joan Allen and Martin Landau in supporting roles. Overall it just never really grabbed my attention story wise. The costumes, art direction, score, and hair and make up are all great to look and listen to but he story was a bit of a bore for my taste. Very minor Francis Ford Coppola
½ April 16, 2015
This can do attitude won me over.....or maybe it was Bridges acting and Coppola's directing.
½ March 6, 2015
Since I am a huge car and engineering fan this was a very interesting and enlightening film about a man and his invention that I didn't know all that much about. It also has a great cast, is well acted, love the score, it looks great and it never drags.
August 6, 2014
Francis Ford Coppola had long dreamed of making a film based on the life and struggles of Preston Tucker, who dreamed big and attempted to take on the Big Three Automakers and build a car of the future. I think because he had dreamed up the project for so long and as it was really a labor of love, it happens to be one of Coppola's strongest films after his peak in the 1970s. Jeff Bridges is, as always, quite entertaining in the lead role of Preston Tucker, and with a supporting cast that includes Martin Landau and Elias Koteas, it is a thoroughly entertaining film. If you like Capra films or just a little whimsy of the American dream and the struggles to make them come true, then this is for you. Definitely entertaining and worth a look.
August 15, 2013
A bit of a slow start, but then the story really picked up in the middle. Great acting from Jeff Bridges, with an even greater ending.
June 15, 2013
This is one fascinating movie covering a person I had no idea about. Jeff Bridges gives a wonderful performance and I liked that the movie was never dry.
April 19, 2013
I really should see this again one day. I fear I was too young to appreciate it.
½ January 8, 2013
good bio-pic beautiful 2 look at great cast.
December 7, 2012
Looks very insightful for a biopic and Coppola is usually a good director.
½ December 3, 2012
This film has a hidden agenda, and is spelled out in the credits, when it states that it was made by Tucker Cooperation's Public Relations team.
November 2, 2012
Jeff Bridges, or rather Preston Tucker's enthusiasm is positively contagious despite a constant push back from the big boys in Detroit...it's a high-spirited biopic about an automobile entrepreneur that flows just as well as any Francis Ford Coppola film.
½ October 2, 2012
No parece una pelicula Coppola y podria haber dado para mas como film, pero como historia es algo que merece la pena ser visto y contado.
½ July 30, 2012
This movie was awesome
June 5, 2012
A slow movie that tells a great story with a powerful message.
May 17, 2012
The sad truth of competition in the auto industry which is superbly portrayed in this film
½ April 1, 2012
Solid work from Bridges, Allen, and Landau lend to the real life tale of a man that tries to intrude into the world of Detroit automobile tycoons. It's an ill-fated attempt, but it's fun to watch Tucker try.