Turn Me On, Dammit! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Turn Me On, Dammit! Reviews

½ July 9, 2016
An interesting coming of age story dealing frankly with sexuality, and one of the even fewer to examine it from a young woman's perspective. She is allowed to be horny and interested in sex without being used as a eye candy for a male audience. Young Alma likes a boy, and well, he probably likes her because he pulls his penis out and pokes her with it in the thigh at a party. She mentions this, bragging because she thinks she will finally have sex, and he vehemently denies ever doing it. Her best friend is in love with the same boy, and so begins the downward spiral of her social life, as she's painted as a liar and nutjob. TMOD is funny without being farcical and quiet enough to maintain empathy and remain character focused. A great alternative to American teen fare.
June 4, 2016
Set in Norway, a 15-year old girl, Anna, is growing up. Most particularly, her hormones and day-dreaming abilities are in overdrive. She fantasizes about nearly every boy or man she sees, with interesting results.

Despite its subject matter, movie is actually quite sweet and innocent, to a degree. Quite light-hearted and sometimes quite funny. However, in being so light-hearted, it fails to make a profound point at the end, so ends up not funny enough to be a comedy, and not profound enough to be a drama.

Good performances all round, especially from Helene Bergstrom in the lead role.
½ August 18, 2014
A very down to earth (as most scandinavian) teen movie about sexuality that focus on the experience (and need of contact and romance) of one girl that find herself in the middle of two maelstroms: uncontrolled hormones and unmanaged "social" life. Really cute and valid.
½ August 18, 2014
½ July 4, 2014
Quite the opposite of its crude title, this low-key Norwegian coming-of-age comedy turns out to be so gentle and sweet. Telling the tale of an ultimate socially awkward teen, the story makes a strong statement on individuality vs social conformity, especially in a small village where people are outnumbered by sheeps. It's both funny, weird, and liberating.
May 31, 2014
there are some seizable cultural differences keeping me from truly understanding this movie. It was pretty funny but not in a laugh out loud way, more of a funny situations way. There is a lot of good stuff in here from the perspective of the weird stuff that pops into a teenagers head. Its a movie we have never really seen before. It also has many cute and sweet moments.
April 6, 2014
A fresh Swedish comedy. I really enjoyed it. (The song Jag kommer is still playing in my head).
½ February 4, 2014
There's only one way to describe this movie: A very strange Norwegian teen film about a small-town girl and her struggles with sexual frustration and infatuation. You will have to see it for yourself in order to truly understand it.
½ January 9, 2014
A young girl in a small town is driven to act out to satisfy her budding hormones and it's a very strange and oddly believable journey, as we watch her try to put the moves on the local boy who doesn't know what to make of her, and use a sex chat line to try to get off by any means necessary.

Interesting film-making, well worth a rental.
December 22, 2013
Great young actress & straightforward story telling. Film is frank on its topic of sexual desires, but never explicit or too blunt; it's the characters and acting that's on the spotlight. The stills and colors (or lack of) reflect the boring mountain town life brilliantly.
December 19, 2013
la critica la trato muy bien, a mi me parecio simple.
December 18, 2013
A good movie about an adolescent sexual problems in a small town.
November 27, 2013
A bunch of typical teenagers-bored, angry, cruel, careless, socially awkward- marooned in a tiny remote and conservative hamlet in the mountains. The absurdity of the situation and events is hilarious in itself.
½ October 31, 2013
Brilliant movie, simple, funny and witty. This is really a breakthrough for Norwegian flicks. Real good acting. not a must see but really quality entertainment.
October 10, 2013
Loved it. Just something about it is sweet, more than you would think from the subject matter. If it was american, would be as crude as all hell, but it just works. Cast are great.
October 10, 2013
Sweet and lighthearted, Turn Me On, Dammit! is a well-done coming-of-age movie filled with honesty and tenderness.
½ August 9, 2013
For everybody who loves movies, there are movies that they can't explain why they love. They aren't sure why they can take one movie in particular and watch, and re-watch, this particular movie. This is that movie for me. It's provocative and in a strange way statutory. I couldn't show this movie to my friends without an embarrassing explanation about how I'm not a child molester. But regardless, the characters grab me and the plots are engaging. Pic-Alma is a defeated and you just want to go and hug her and let her know that life is more than this particular upheaval of drama. It's like a more realistic "Mean Girls" is probably the best explanation I can give.
½ August 8, 2013
A well written snap shot on life, with some very well designed supporting roles. A classic in the making along with turnip branded sports wear.
½ August 2, 2013
A beautiful look at teenage (female) sexuality with a great amount of nordic cool humor.
July 18, 2013