Turn of Faith - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Turn of Faith Reviews

May 23, 2009
Mobster Philly Russo looked after 3 kids Joey who becomes a cop, Frank who becomes a priest (and has no reason to exist in the movie he's just kinda there) and Bobby who joins the mob. When trouble with a union owned by Philly begins he sets in motion a plan to tear the friends apart.

Average crime film, most of the cast seems to have been lobotimized and are obviously here for the paycheck (hello Ray Mancini, your closest friend since childhood just died in your arms, some emotion would be appropriate). Film plays out about exactly as you expect, with Charles Durning as Philly Russo and Tony Sirico as Philly's enforcer acting there assess off to try and make up for the rest of the cast. If your a fan of Durning or Sirico (granted mobster is about the only role any one will give him), or crime films this is a decient rental, though you'd be better catching it on TV.
½ April 3, 2009
I liked this film very much! I think Billionaire Productions did a good job getting this film placed with Warner Brothers. I give it a 4 Star.
November 26, 2006
Hopelessly boring and unoriginal, the basic story has been filmed dozens of times before, most of which, if not all, were done better. The cast is bland, the writing mundane. Unexciting score. Hardly a recommended film.