Turtle: The Incredible Journey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Turtle: The Incredible Journey Reviews

February 9, 2014
the footage is amazing -- very beautiful. like another reviewer said, i wonder how on earth they were able to film all of that.
November 24, 2013
This film is beautiful...but then I might be a bit biased, as I was part of the team that created it. Another amazing production from Big Wave.
½ June 30, 2013
Watched this yesterday.,, it was awesome! My boys love these animal documentaries. It's so cool to learn!
May 14, 2013
Different/A bit scary/ A little Boring/Not Bad/Kinda Liked.../Comes full circle
½ August 18, 2012
Being a sea turtle is no joke...
June 24, 2012
A Story about @Justice Luddington
½ June 23, 2012
Talk about not wasting any time with the procreating! Lol
½ June 4, 2012
A nice little documentary about the life of a sea turtle. Learn a few things and for someone who doesn't have discovery they come in handy to watch from time to time.
½ May 17, 2012
turtles are kind of awesome. i don't know if you know this.
May 14, 2012
If you haven't seen it, PLEASE DO!!!
May 3, 2012
I found this movie to deliver excellent information about the intelligence, and determination that this over-looked animal has. I found the narration to be a bit dramatic as well at times - sometimes during this movie I questioned " are they actually following the same turtle... really? this must be one damn lucky turtle." And at times it made me tear up not gunna lie :P. I love turtles, and I loved this film :)
April 23, 2012
Turtle was a very interesting and fun view of the life of a turtle from birth to motherhood. The beginning scene is probably the best and is filled with laughs, suspense and excitement. From that point on you are provided with some very interesting facts on the life of a turtle and this one is great to show kids. As the film goes on some parts get a bit boring as the turtle is just swimming and swimming and not doing anything to exciting. It is nice how they also show and talk about other ocean animals so you get a mix up throughout. If you are looking for a learning experience or something fun to watch with young kids definitely check this one out.
March 23, 2012
Turtle's journey is less incredible and more just a reoccuring strung of near deaths created by manipulated directorial work by the director. The documentary focuses too much onall dangers a turtle faces to survival rather than anything of more depth about turtles and the hard journey they take from the beach to the ocean.
March 20, 2012
Okay movie, didn't really have the emotional connection that wild life documentaries should have. It was boring at some points.
½ March 20, 2012
I want to know how they were able to film all of that!! It was incredible to see this part of nature that you would have no chance of seeing otherwise.
½ March 14, 2012
Very neat movie to watch..kids thought it was quite interesting.. they asked many questions.
March 9, 2012
While this documentary included a lot of green earth, and environmentalist viewpoints, it gave the kids a realistic view of the life of a loggerhead turtle.
½ March 3, 2012
My son is a turtle lover and after being horrified by the beach baby turtle carnage was asleep by 40 minutes into the movie. I made it at least 45 minutes before I too drifted off. Very interesting subject, great filming, just about twice as long and twice as dramatic as it needed to be. We literally drown in overused turtle swimming shots. Maybe this should be a 4 part mini series on Animal Planet because anything longer than 15 minutes is stronger than sleeping pills.
½ March 1, 2012
Perhaps they didn't capture enough footage to make a compelling feature length documentary, but whatever the reason, the main problem with this movie is that's its overly dramatized and lacking in substance. It has baby sea turtles, which is enough to compel me to sit and watch for an hour and a half, but from a movie-goer's perspective, it's a far cry from competing with the Planet Earth series.
December 24, 2011
Very cute - learned some about sea turtles too!!