The Tuskegee Airmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tuskegee Airmen Reviews

November 24, 2016
Wonderful great inspiring movie
January 29, 2016
Excellent Movie showing every detail of the struggles these men faced, loved the cinematography in it, nicely balanced amount of airborne shots.
June 29, 2015
Though a bit cheesy by today's standards, the acting and vintage feel still makes for a solid film.
January 4, 2015
Slow to start but intensity builds as the story develops.
May 21, 2014
So this is an HBO special movie about the true story of the Tuskegee Airmen in WWII. I first saw this movie when I was younger and fell in love with it. I thought it sends a great message to the people who watch it. Such as the understanding that no matter if your black or white, you are still a person who can do anything as good as anyone else.Tuskegee Airmen is a movie I would recommend to anyone. I have probably seen this movie about 10 times and never get tired of it. If you are into WWII movies this is one you want to see. Not only is it based on a true story, but it will lift your spirits and has superb acting.
March 29, 2014
I really wasn't a big fan of Tuskegee Airmen mostly because it was bland, and the dogfight scenes were just stock footage put in a modernish movie. I didn't like it and the new version Red Tails was no better
October 13, 2013
Covers a larger period, is more historically accurate, is more immersive, and is even more intense than the sad excuse of a remake.
October 5, 2013
Low budget, but a great historical dramatization. I'll take this over Red Tails any day.
July 7, 2013
Love the films bout my black history but this film is well put together
½ May 15, 2013
great performances by all. loved this interesting take on historic events
½ April 8, 2013
This story is inspiring and should be known by all. The movie portrays the characters as the heroes they are with perhaps too much bombastic score playing in the background. It is a great cast of actors (although Lawrence Fishburne is easily a decade too old for the character he is playing). In some areas I wish it had dug a little deeper and not been quite so obvious. For example does one of the white villains have to sneer all the time and have a Hitler moustache? People are a little more gray than that most of the time.
March 26, 2013
Inspiring film with wonderful performances and terrific original combat footage. Why do those who are different and in the case of women, the majority, always have to be better than everyone else to prove themselves worthy of respect? Ah, but life is never fair!
February 22, 2013
The movie was well done, with great story, great actors, great acting
January 1, 2013
A moving tribute to those Black Americans, that did their part to serve their country. A wonderful movie, bassed on true accounts.
December 7, 2012
Fishyburne, might check it out for his sake...

He can act a bit...
½ November 30, 2012
Good movie based on a true story of the struggles these fine airmen had even amongst their own ranks because of color. Good cast as well
November 10, 2012
Hokey, but respectful to the men who fought and died for a country that didn't believe in them
½ October 13, 2012
Great great movie about horrible stuff. Why did I think this movie just recently came out? Why were they all over late night talk shows talking this movie up as if it were a premier?
August 27, 2012
I don't normally cry watching films bu this one made me do it. Continues to give me high inspiration and pride in those who serve the military.
½ August 6, 2012
Like this a lot better than Red Tails.