What's On Tonight: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine and More

Welcome to What's On Tonight, RT's compendium of the primetime shows that are worth your time. This evening's slate includes new episodes of a couple intriguing new shows (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Trophy Wife, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and a bunch of returning favorites (NCIS, New Girl, Sons of Anarchy). So grab your remote, find your favorite spot on the couch, and tune in for lots of television goodness!

New Episodes Tonight:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 1 88%

Led by the surprisingly effective pairing of Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a charming, intelligently written take on the cop show format, according to the critics. On tonight's episode, Jake (Samberg) finds he can't seem to close a number of unsolved cases. More

Chicago Fire S2 - NBC ——

In this drama's second season, it appears that budget cuts may pose as much a threat to the men and women of Firehouse 51 as a three-alarm fire. In tonight's episode, an arsonist is on the loose, and Lt. Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) is dealing with new responsibilities outside of work. More

Dads: Season 1 0%

Critics call Dads a near-total disaster, saying that it makes the fatal mistake of believing its racist gags can lend an edge to its aggressively predictable writing and unlikable characters. More

The Goldbergs - ABC 55%

The pundits say The Goldbergs is at times too reliant on gimmicky references to 1980s pop culture, but it's also sweet, sincere, and occasionally very funny. Tonight, Murray (Jeff Garlin) attempts to bond with Erica (Hayley Orrantia) by taking her to the skating rink. More

Lucky 7 - ABC 29%

Critics say Lucky 7 has an intriguing premise and a talented ensemble, but it doesn't do enough to establish relatable, empathetic individual characters. On tonight's episode, the recent lottery winners get profiled on TV and go on a shopping spree. More

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - ABC 86%

Critics say Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is sure to please comic book fans, but the strong ensemble and brisk pacing help to make this better-than-average superhero show accessible to non-fanboys as well. This time, the agents travel to Peru in search of a mysterious object. More

The Mindy Project: Season 2 80%

The second season of The Mindy Project is getting strong notices for Kaling's strong, eccentric writing. In episode three, Casey (Anders Holm) has returned from his time in Haiti, and he and Mindy attend a disaster-fraught music festival. More

New Girl: Season 3 93%

The critics remain pleased with New Girl, now in its third season. In tonight's episode, Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake M. Johnson) go on a double date with Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Cece (Hannah Simone). More

NCIS S11 - CBS ——

One of CBS' most reliable hits, NCIS is back for an 11th season. Expect an uneasy detante between and Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and Department of Defense Investigator Richard Parsons (Colin Hanks). In tonight's episode, the team is on the trail of a terrorist organization. More

NCIS: LA S5 - CBS ——

The NCIS formula has proven to be so successful that its spinoff is on its fifth season. This time out, Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J investigate the mysterious murders of a retired Naval officer and a journalist. More

Person of Interest S3 - CBS 100%

Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson star in this police procedural -- now in its fifth season -- about a pair of lawmen who take preventative measures to stopping crime. Tonight, our heroes investigate the case of an internet entrepreneur who makes his living invading people's privacy. More

Sons of Anarchy - FX 78%

Critics say Sons of Anarchy continues to deliver an energetic blend of bracing action sequences, pitch black humor, and heartless violence. Tonight, the Sons are out for revenge after their compound is attacked. More

Trophy Wife - ABC 73%

Critics say that charm, likeable characters, good chemistry, and an efficient pace help to make Trophy Wife a sly, insightful sitcom. Tonight, Kate (Malin Akerman) tries her hand at coaching a youth soccer team. More

Comments

Joshua Henderson

Joshua Henderson

The Goldberg. 53%? I liked the pilot episode myself. I think I will stick to ABC like I did the last time. (Mostly because of Agents of Shield).

Oct 1 - 09:54 AM

Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey

So, you just watch show on one channel?

Oct 1 - 11:13 AM

Joshua Henderson

No not always. I might see NCIS and New Girl. It's just that a lot of the episodes that are just debuting are on ABC. I never watched Lucky Seven though. So I will won't stay on ABC for that.

Oct 1 - 11:24 AM

Sophia Jendrock

Sophia Jendrock

my best friend's step-mother makes $88/hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her pay was $14500 just working on the laptop for a few hours. this article ......

Oct 3 - 07:27 PM

Joshua Henderson

I am a fan of NCIS so I will definitely want to see it too.

Oct 1 - 11:26 AM

Lily Tomlin

Lily Tomlin

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do...
www.Day37.com

Oct 3 - 06:23 AM

Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey

So, you just watch show on one channel?

Oct 1 - 11:13 AM

Oct 1 - 11:24 AM

Sophia Jendrock

Sophia Jendrock

Oct 3 - 07:27 PM

Joshua Henderson

I am a fan of NCIS so I will definitely want to see it too.

Oct 1 - 11:26 AM

Oct 1 - 11:24 AM

Sophia Jendrock

Sophia Jendrock

Oct 3 - 07:27 PM

Joshua Henderson

I am a fan of NCIS so I will definitely want to see it too.

Oct 1 - 11:26 AM

Lily Tomlin

Lily Tomlin

www.Day37.com

Oct 3 - 06:23 AM

Alvira J.

Alvira John

For young people it is incredibly tough to find a job. Especially those transitioning from study to work with limited work experience. this site offers a way for young job seekers to stand out,.go to this site home tab for more detail
xurl.es/getjob

Oct 3 - 10:09 AM

Sophia Jendrock

Sophia Jendrock

Oct 3 - 07:27 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday