Twice Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twice Dead Reviews

½ June 22, 2017
This is not a masterpiece, but it has it's fun , midnight movie appeal.
½ August 20, 2013
Pretty good movie with a film star ghost and a belligerent gang--Enjoyably silly supernatural horror!!
TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 24, 2012
Decent haunted house film, but could have been much better. Where the film fails is because it lacks anything truly scary, and is more tongue in cheek for most of its run time. The films biggest problem is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. The films plot is all over the place, and it uses all the usual clichés established by previous superior horror films. Twice Dead is mindless fun, but it leaves you wanting more out of the film. The film has some slasher elements thrown in with the supernatural and it doesn't quite succeed. I thought this was a decent film, but it lacked anything truly memorable to make it worth seeing. This film is worth watching only once, and doesn't necessitate multiple viewings. If you're looking for a great haunted house film, you'll be disappointed. Overall a decent film, but the script is so paper thin that it really doesn't do anything truly interesting with its ideas. Director Bert L. Dragin can\'t seem to direct a consistent film where there's some genuine chills on-screen. I liked the film, but felt it could have been much better. As a haunted house film, this one is quite forgettable and doesn't really stand out among others in the genre. The film had potential, but most of the time it ended up falling flat. A decent little tongue in cheek film and nothing more.
March 31, 2012
Twice Dead came in a Roger Corman DVD 2 pack that I recently received, but it turns out to be the least of the two films... so much for going out with a bang. This was just an odd movie all around, and not in an interesting way. The film spends most of its time being a typical 80's movie where teenagers are terrorized by a... biker gang? Yeah, so anyway, they fight back, but suddenly receive aid from the ghost of a dead actor who's former house they just moved into. And, is it just me, or was the relationship between the brother and sister strange? It seems almost incestual, without anything actually going on. They care just a wee bit too much for each other, and it sticks out. There are a couple of creepy moments and very little in the gore department, but the story is just flat out boring and uninteresting, as is most of the film itself. On the positive side, it does have Brooke Bundy in it. I suppose that has to count for something, right?
February 5, 2012
Very possibly my favourite Roger Corman movie! It encompasses everything that was so very awesome about '80s horror movies. I especially love the weirdly incestuous relationship between Robin and Scott and the gang leader's never-out-of-place hair do. Funny, cheesy and perfect to heckle with your friends.
FilmFanatik
December 15, 2011
October 1, 2011
For about the first 20 minutes I didn't know if I was going to stick w/ Twice Dead. It didn't look like it was going to amount to anything & was kinda a mashing of movies I had seen like The New Kids w/ a haunted house theme. I was thinking where the hell is Jame Spader when you need him. Had actually sought it out because I wanted to see how Todd Bridges career had bottomed out. Even though it's pacing is out of wack it does improve & the last half an hour actually delivers. It's too bad that you have to put up w/ the bad/mediocre first hour. Maybe if I had seen the VHS of this that is that is supposed to be riddled w/ boom mics. I love when boom mics make specially guest appearances like Chained Heat & Silent Night Deadly Night 2. Stick w/ it though because it does get better. An extra 1/2 * for the electrocution while fucking & Todd Bridges being hit by a car
April 10, 2011
Home invasion/haunted house flick with urban setting. Entertaining.
February 9, 2011
Oh boy is this a doozy of a haunted house thriller from the Roger Corman factory. Sure the poster art looks promising enough but Corman was always good at getting talented artists to make appealing poster artwork in order to suck unsuspecting audiences into the theater. In the 70s most of his productions were good cheese even if the eye catching poster artwork lied just a hair. By the late 80s most of his productions were pure junk only appealing to the trashy crowd but by god they still had good poster artwork. I will admit I enjoy some of his trashy late 80s offerings like âBloodfistâ? and âTerror Withinâ? but most tend to be along the lines of âTwice Deadâ?, which is a definite D.O.A.

A family inherits a old mansion in a very seedy, dangerous part of L.A. and Punks donâ(TM)t take kindly to their invasion to their hideout. Unbeknown to them a famous actor from the 1930s committed suicide in the house also doesnâ(TM)t take kindly to their invasion. Now our lovable family has to fight a two fronted war by taking on dangerous gangs and a vengeful spirit.

This cheapo wanna be haunted house thriller has bad acting, a bad script, bad effects and to top it off it canâ(TM)t keep itâ(TM)s plot straight. The intentions of the spirit are never made clear. First it tries to kill off family members, then it protects them, then it wants to kill them again. This ghost is worse than a PMSing wife off her bipolar meds. What the fuck does it want!

What pisses me off even more is that I actually like a few of the cast members. It has the guy from the lovable B-movie âThe Brainâ? and the cutsy girl from âNight of the Creepsâ? as brother and sister. Even they canâ(TM)t bring this tired, cliche film up to speed.

"Twice Dead" has a cliche, confused plot with bad acting and poor gore effects. This twists are dumbfounding and worst of all its just completely forgettable. No Roger Coman B-movie charm for this dud. Thankfully it was included in a double feature DVD with an actual decent haunted house thriller in the form of âThe Evilâ? so I can just pretend this was a bonus. Not worth hunting down and I say pass this one on by.
February 8, 2011
I was into this due to the Jill Whitlow connection, being a big fan of hers from the Night Of The Creeps film, and it has some interesting moments but doesn't really gain enough momentum to put itself above the average horror fare.

Worth a look for fans of Whitlow, but also fairly forgettable.
½ December 23, 2010
This was a pretty decent horror film from the Roger Corman factory.
Some good horror and a decent story make this a pretty good film.
And Todd Bridges shows up for a small role.
Jill Whitlow is a sexy lady.
½ December 15, 2010
Surprisingly well done. These new editions of old Roger Corman productions are a very nice way to [re]discover these quality B-movies in good editions, and on the cheap.
½ November 26, 2009
Punk as fuck. haha. Really good ghost slasher. Tons of gore and humor
February 25, 2009
A very good hidden gem of a horror/comedy. Its about a family that moves into a house that is haunted by a dead actor. When some neighborhood punks come to make trouble, the ghost kills them off one at a time. Watch out for those 80s hair cuts...wow.