Twice Upon a Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twice Upon a Time Reviews

February 27, 2009
I havnt seen this since i was frikin 9 and now i know why i stayed to watch it!!! the animation was so different!!!!!!!!!!!!1
½ January 23, 2009
Always have loved this movie ever since I saw it endless times when HBO was up & coming. I have a laserdisc of the movie (I know, dinosaur technology), and I also have a videotape, and they are both different. The Web will tell you the history of the different cuts of this movie, but it will be a great day when and if we ever get a complete, restored version with ALL the adult language and scariness included. As it is, it's a terrific picture.
December 23, 2008
Despite a bland soundtrack, this is one of the best animated films I've seen. The humor is great, never expected George Lucas to bring out something this funny.
½ October 25, 2008
be warned- the soundtrack sucks. everything else in this movie is brilliant and highly entertaining.
½ October 13, 2008
This is one of the strangest animated movies ever, in my opinion.

Sadly,I found the good guys in this film to be flat and boring characters. Only the overworked fairy godmother was interesting, but only because she was sarcastic, which is unbecoming of a fairy godmother.

The villain, however, stole the show. He showed the most energy out of all the characters in the film.

The nightmare land was a visual feast for the eyes, with generous mixes of soft and dark drawings as well as cutout photos and pencil sketches. Kudos to the folks who designed it.

I recommend this as a must see for fans of animation and people wanting an unusual family film, but be careful: the restoration cut has some swearing in it, and the nightmare sequences in the office could scare younger children.
July 8, 2008
Get it, if you can find it!

I was lucky enough to find a torrent.
April 16, 2008
Ingenous and extremely underrated cult animated fantasy feature for adults is from producer George Lucas, this has always been a favorite of mine for years. I wish they would release it on DVD and check out this wonderful gem on Youtube in it's uncut glory.
½ March 24, 2008
Could have been a lot better.
March 20, 2008
Garfield on some serious crack.
½ March 11, 2008
A "Sleeper Hit" with a few unlikely heroes facing a bungling villain. The Lumiage animation was truly unique and memorable as were they impressive names behind the music and production.
March 6, 2008
An excellent movie with a very unique animation style. It was very hard to find, but luckily they had it at my local video store on VHS and I managed to make a copy for myself.
February 18, 2008
Truly one of the best animated films of all time, and it's been one of my favorites for 13 years! It's in an unusual style dubbed 'Lumage.' Unavailable on DVD, but downloadable on amazon's Unbox service! Sadly, the only way to get the raunchier uncut version is through bootlegs.
January 25, 2008
Enjoyable little film that I bought because of George Lucas' involvement unlike now where I run from his stuff screaming like a banshee.
December 27, 2007
I hear good things, and really, how can you go wrong with Lorenzo Music? I really want to find the first incarnation of the film...
½ December 25, 2007
This film is hard enough to find, but trying to find the original PG-13 version is pretty impossible. Beautifully animated, produced be George Lucas, features Lorenzo Music (the original animated Garfield), and featuring director David Fincher as an effects artist. If yhou can find it...SEE IT!
December 25, 2007
An absolute classic which is hard to find, but should u get ur hands on it or find it on ur computer, it's a must watch.
November 24, 2007
Even though you can only fnd it on VHS, this is one of the best animated movies of all time, not to mention groundbreaking for the time. The addition of improv artists as voice actors was a nice choice also, adding an almost mature humor without being vile, and yet not being to kiddish. If you haven't seen it and want to go into animation, what's wrong with you? And for everyone else, you gotta see it once.
October 25, 2007
If you can find it, watch it. You won't be disappointed.