Twilight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Reviews

½ February 25, 2016
Twilight is not romantic, it is poorly acted, and the CGI is terrible, but I didn't hate the movie as much as I thought I would. I was entertained because of how bad the movie is and found myself laughing throughout the movie. This movie is so bad that it's good.
February 24, 2016
Madde Zimmer
ENGL 110
MA 1
February 23, 2016
Twilight was (and probably will always will be) my favorite book series. In 2008 it was brought to life in the Twilight saga directed by Catherine Hardwicke. It?s a story of an awkward teenage girl, Bella Swann (Kristen Stewart), who falls madly in love with a vampire, Edward Cullens (Robert Pattinson), and before she knows it her life has changed forever. Literally, forever.
When I began reading the series, I fell so quickly in love with the characters in the book. Their charm and mystery made me want to never put the book down, so needless to say I couldn?t wait to see the movie that would finally bring my imagination to life, or at least that?s what I hoped. I sat at the edge of my seat at the midnight premiere, to be slightly let down. mostly by the acting and leaving out some minor, yet important parts that were included in the books. However, this is still on top as my favorite movie series that has been taken from a book, but it doesn?t fully live up to what I thought it would be.
The movie, filmed in various parts of Oregon and Washington, is full of fast moving clips to catch the eye of the viewers. However, from other vampires I?ve seen on TV or in movies, these supposed vampires in the Twilight saga don?t look too much like the classic vampires you?d see on Halloween, rather just average looking humans who have beating gold, black, or red eyes and skin that glistens and sparkles in the sun. OK, so maybe those are characteristics of vampires, but for the overall dark, gloomy mood of the movie, it might be a little overdone. For instance, the moment Edward reveals his sparkly skin to Bella for the first time, they go deep into the rather dark forest near his home. His skin sparkles like a crystal, but why? It may be stereotypical, but aren?t vampires just supposed to be very pale? Anyways, this particular scene made me feel a bit uncomfortable sitting in the theatre with my mom. The way Bella reacts in this scene (and just about every other scene where she?s with Edward) makes me cringe and not want to watch because of her awkward actions and motions. Her acting in most of the movie seems very unnatural, as if she?s trying so hard to be more awkward than it already is/supposed to be. I get her character is supposed to be out of place and awkward, yes, but as an actress she should be able to do this in a way without making everyone who is watching it feel uncomfortable (even though I?ve watched it countless times, I get the same uncomfortable feeling I got the first time I saw it). Pattinson, on the other hand, more than succeeds in fulfilling the role of a mysterious vampire. His every action and voice makes me believe he actually is Edward Cullens, vampire, not Robert Pattinson, actor.
The overall dialogue between the characters humors me. It was awkward at more serious points in the movie, to the point that it made me feel the need to laugh, but I kept that to myself. The fighting scenes, whether between the werewolves and vampires or vampire vs. vampire weren?t exactly what I had pictured in my mind as I did when I read the books. Mostly because of the horrible editing job and over-shaky camera jerks and weird angles. It just looked fake and unrealistic.
The movie was easy to follow and entertaining, despite the awkward acting and horrible edits. If it weren?t for me falling in love with the love of Edward and Bella, I?d tell you to not waste your time with the movie, but it?s worth watching at least once if you?re into absurd yet sappy love stories between a mortal human being and an immortal vampire.
February 21, 2016
Awesome teen- vampire romance film
February 19, 2016
I only saw this because my special someone likes the books, why she likes them I am still unsure. The movie was inevitably meant to fail because the books do in epic fashion. With so much potential, this franchise falls short in delivering a compelling backstory to bolster the odd 100 year age difference romance that the story is mostly about. The acting is below average in ever seeming like real teenagers or even vampires trying to fit in as teenagers, and the flow of these films always seem to either be too rushed or too drawn out, which amazes me that it manages to somehow do that.
February 19, 2016
Did read the book and the acting was horrible so did not see the franchise.
½ February 17, 2016
It is shocking that some people could possibly think that such a sexist story is romantic, but maybe it could have been a bit better if it weren't for its corny dialogue and weak performances that help make this a schmaltzy teen flick to please only the hardcore fans and no one else.
February 11, 2016
I don't understand the hype this film's been getting, due to the cheesy love story, the wooden acting and terrible dialogue.
½ February 6, 2016
Great books but the movie was horrible, plus the actors couldn't portray the characters properly.
January 20, 2016
love it so much it is so great
January 19, 2016
When it's supposed to be romantic, it's creepy; two hours of underplayed, unintentionally funny dialogue.
January 9, 2016
The First Watching For Twilight Was Lackluster But The More Times I Watch it The More It Sucks.
½ January 3, 2016
The appeal of this film was lost on me. I found it boring. The other thing I have issues with, is how relationships are portrayed. Some argue that the behavior in this film, is how abusive relationships start.
December 17, 2015
Yeah it's bland and generic sometimes. It's entertaining and fun. That's good enough for me.
December 13, 2015
Don't even bother viewing this film!
December 4, 2015
Sparkling aside, both me and my husband enjoy this series
½ December 1, 2015
The storyline is okay. but the problem is the actor and actress are so bad in acting.
½ November 23, 2015
Provides lively visuals of the book that started the Twilight craze in a fashion of a teen flick with the subtext while being good-natured, which is about enough to offer those who aren't fans to find this an enjoyable good start of the enjoyable saga. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ November 20, 2015
For some god-d@mn reason this one I somewhat enjoyed for how idiotic and over the top it is. However, yeah it's god-awful.
November 10, 2015
watch you will get addicted
½ November 4, 2015
Twilight meets all requirements to be an absurd, cheesy and ridiculous film of it, but in spite of that, the film works. The plot (despite a poorly working script and a totally cheesy story) is entertaining; (strange no?) Is Twilight a bad film? I have no idea, perhaps I can say that it is "passable" but it is incredible as this movie despite its errors, want to know how it ends.

Review en Español:
Twilight cumple todos los requisitos para ser de ella una película absurda, cursi y ridícula, pero a pesar de eso, la película funciona. La trama (A pesar de un guion mal trabajado y una historia totalmente cursi) es entretenida;(¿Extraño no?) ¿Twilight es una mala película? No tengo idea, tal vez puedo decir que es "pasable" pero es increíble como esta película a pesar de sus errores, quieres saber como termina.