Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Reviews

October 11, 2016
Worst of them all!!!
October 4, 2016
A guilty pleasure is how I see these teen based vampire flicks, they're not as bad as many think but on the other hand they're not outstanding either.

The first film was reasonable, the second was slightly worse and the third was slightly better than both, this fourth and final part so far is back to being worse again. To be honest it does seem to be pretty accurate to the book, I haven't read the book but from reading up online it does seem quite close which is always a plus.

The problem is the story is just poor, all the excitement was in the previous stories, in this last instalment it just seems like a vampire soap opera. Nothing much happens for almost 40 minutes into the film accept Bella and Edward getting married and going on their honeymoon, that's it!! its what vampires do when their not fighting and sulking around dark buildings and alleyways.

The rest of the film simply deals with the new baby issues, jealous werewolves and something about the rival shape shifters wanting to kill the new baby because it may be a risk, a risk to who? why? Other queries that go unexplained (so it seems) were..since when do vampires inject their 'venom' into victims hearts? what exactly is an 'imprint' for a shape shifter? why wouldn't changing Bella into a vampire not save her life whilst pregnant? and why can't the baby be harmed once its been 'imprinted' by a shape shifter??

If I read the book I would probably find out but that's not gonna happen hehe, I guess fans will know but it limits the non-fans and newbies to the franchise somewhat. Other than that its a disappointing new entry which is really quite dull but at last Bella FINALLY becomes a vampire geez! she's been back n fourth on that decision for the last three films, dunno why the hard choice, I would in a flash.
½ September 26, 2016
...I Honestly Tried To Watch It. Really, I Did. This Instalment Is Just Terrible. A Mills & Boon Vampire Soap-Opera. The Pivotal Turning-Point Scene Becomes A 1-Min Bit With A Random Spanish Hotel Maid, Whom Seems To Enlighten An Ignorant Bella-Edward. From Here The Pace Picks Up But The Rest (Acting, Brooding Stare Downs & Whatnot) Is Just Absolutely Rubbish. Career Killing Low-Light For All Involved.
August 30, 2016
Enjoyed this less than the others which I gave 4 stars as they were just harmless fantasy fun. Was very very strange in parts. For example the honey moon and the birth. Strange and disgusting. I know that's how the story went but it was off putting and I did not enjoy these bits. Makes you feel uncomfortable watching it.
August 16, 2016
Surpreendentemente apenas chatinho, "Amanhecer Parte 1" atà (C) tem uma dinâmica e bons efeitos visuais. Os diálogos estúpidos, as atuações inexpressivas e a historinha enfadonha, entretanto, parecem ser características inseparáveis da 'saga' (pfff) Crepúsculo.
½ August 6, 2016
A poor entry in the series. As the story drags so does the lack of tension and the lame plot. More of the same here with little to entertain.
½ July 18, 2016
After I thought Eclipse was pretty good(ish) because of the action I expected it to be just as action filled but I was let down and sat through a film that felt a million miles away from the first 3, It's not as dark and there's no fight scenes and the story drags but my rating is as high as is it because im hoping it's setting itself up for the grand finale, I hope.
June 28, 2016
Bella and Edward married and on their honeymoon. I wonder what could happen, are they like a normal couple on their honeymoon? Of course they are.
Too late in the evening
June 28, 2016
best vampire movie yet!!!! I love the chemistry that Robert and Kristen have.
June 28, 2016
why isn't my breaking dawn freaking working? It wont playback!
Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 28, 2016
I LOVE ALL OF THE TWILIGHT MOVIES when I watch it with a few of Friend's and without my Friend's.
June 28, 2016
It's a great movie, my daughter loves it.
June 28, 2016
I love all of Twilight movies.
Read the books twice.
Watched the movies so many times that my dog is a twi-hard! Mister Wiggles totally Team Jacob! He loves the wolves!
June 28, 2016
i luv this movie with all my heart
June 28, 2016
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Girl on Girl fight. Bella and Jacob.
June 28, 2016
I like all the twilight films but mostly 1 & 2 of breaking dawn.
June 28, 2016
holy sâ~â~â~ this movie is awesome