Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Reviews

July 12, 2017
The wedding parts in this film were done quite well. The rest of this film was boring. The plot left audiences wondering why they needed to split the last book into two separate films.
½ July 10, 2017
Worst of them all!!!
June 17, 2017
Oburleri gibi bunda da tik yok ...
April 15, 2017
Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 is a movie from the Twilight saga which originally is a serie of 4 books. They made 5 movies out of it. In my opinion it's a quite good fantasy movie but more made for young adults and teenagers. This movie was directed by Bill Condon and released the 18th of november 2011. The 3 main actors are Kristen Stewart ((Isa)Bella Swan) , Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen) and Taylor Lautner (Jacob Black).
In this movie Edward and Bella get married, she unexpectedly got pregnant during their honeymoon. This twist causes a lot of debates and fights between the recently married lovers and between the vampires and werewolves. The baby could cost Bella's life.
The actors are believable, their acting skills are better than in the previous movies thus as the screenplay. They respected the books well.
The movie is well shot, the camera angles are good : mostly close shot, extreme close up at the right moments (extreme close up on Bella's eyes at the end, the last image of the movie), Upward and Downward shots during the duel between the Alpha wolves, establishing shot during the wedding to show the beauty of the place and all the guests,...
The soundtrack is very, very good, it's mostly alternative/ indie rock songs and a piano melody throughout the whole movie. There are percussions adding to the piano melody when actions are happening.
The special effects (wolves' transformation) and make up are good too, all the Cullen have a really pale face and pregnant Bella needed to look very sick and skeletal and it is very well done.
So if you're looking for good fantasy movies, I can only suggest you the Twilight saga and especially the 2 latest one.
½ April 11, 2017
The penultimate installment in the best-selling Twilight series opened last Friday, the most miserable affair of the series to date. The film focuses mostly on conflicts between Jacob Black and Edward Cullen, leaving Bella stuck in the middle. She is, once again, the most annoying character of them all, essentially keeping Jacob around for selfish reasons by playing to his love for her while continuing to stay with Edward. The acting and dialogue is far worse here than in the others, mainly because not much happens in the plot. Edward and Bella get married, they have a nice honeymoon, and then she becomes impregnated with his vampire baby. This dread of what exactly will happen as the increasingly rapid pace of its growing in her womb goes on casts a very dark shadow over the rest of the film. *Spoiler* It ends in a cliffhanger after she gives a very bloody and horrifying birth, like something out of Alien. The film's events leading up to this disturbing end is essentially soap opera style drama and filler.

Adapting the Breaking Dawn novel into one film would obviously be the better choice, as hardly anything important to the story occurs after this film ends. I can't imagine how the final film to be released next year will go, as it will most likely suffer from even more boring filler. Breaking Dawn: Part 1 is the weakest installment so far though, feeling choppy and rushed at times while dragging on and on in other scenes. The events of their wedding and subsequent honeymoon takes up the first act, and ends up being the only part of the whole movie not shrouded in misery; the rest of the film is spent on Bella dying, and the rest of the characters dealing with the inevitable grief they will feel and taking out their problems on each other. A scene with the characters in all transformed in werewolves talking and fighting is possibly the most laughably terrible scene of the series. The animation makes them resemble warthogs made with technology from decades ago. Other scenes unfortunately lack this entertainment value, mainly dealing with people breaking down generally wallowing in teen angst.

Due to the hilarious sex scenes in the beginning (they literally show animated confetti lighting up the screen when Bella reaches orgasm) and the disturbing vampire birth scene at the end, my friends universally agreed that BD: Part 1 should have been an R rated film. They might have a point, but little is actually shown, as those who've read the series know how frightening and extreme events can get. I stumbled on to some Internet parenting forums of mothers discussing the idea of sending their teenage daughters to see Breaking Dawn for the birth scene alone, simply to scare them out of having sex. What this, and the numerous other bizarre qualities to this movie prove, is how ridiculous this series has become. The first third of the movie sees Bella and Edward in a romance-filled paradise of love and joy, then it becomes a horrific nightmare by the end. Followers of the franchise already know if they will watch this or not, but for the rest, you're best off avoiding witnessing how this series has turned out.

Rating 1.5/5

(review originally posted on release, but has since been edited and improved by author on April 11, 2017)
December 24, 2016
Not as terrible as the previous chapter, since at least things start to finally happen and the technical aspects are decent enough to make it watchable, but the actors achieve the lowest bottom in awful acting and the whole misogyny of the plot is shocking and abysmal.
November 10, 2016
This movie is good and I recamend it.
October 4, 2016
A guilty pleasure is how I see these teen based vampire flicks, they're not as bad as many think but on the other hand they're not outstanding either.

The first film was reasonable, the second was slightly worse and the third was slightly better than both, this fourth and final part so far is back to being worse again. To be honest it does seem to be pretty accurate to the book, I haven't read the book but from reading up online it does seem quite close which is always a plus.

The problem is the story is just poor, all the excitement was in the previous stories, in this last instalment it just seems like a vampire soap opera. Nothing much happens for almost 40 minutes into the film accept Bella and Edward getting married and going on their honeymoon, that's it!! its what vampires do when their not fighting and sulking around dark buildings and alleyways.

The rest of the film simply deals with the new baby issues, jealous werewolves and something about the rival shape shifters wanting to kill the new baby because it may be a risk, a risk to who? why? Other queries that go unexplained (so it seems) were..since when do vampires inject their 'venom' into victims hearts? what exactly is an 'imprint' for a shape shifter? why wouldn't changing Bella into a vampire not save her life whilst pregnant? and why can't the baby be harmed once its been 'imprinted' by a shape shifter??

If I read the book I would probably find out but that's not gonna happen hehe, I guess fans will know but it limits the non-fans and newbies to the franchise somewhat. Other than that its a disappointing new entry which is really quite dull but at last Bella FINALLY becomes a vampire geez! she's been back n fourth on that decision for the last three films, dunno why the hard choice, I would in a flash.
½ September 26, 2016
...I Honestly Tried To Watch It. Really, I Did. This Instalment Is Just Terrible. A Mills & Boon Vampire Soap-Opera. The Pivotal Turning-Point Scene Becomes A 1-Min Bit With A Random Spanish Hotel Maid, Whom Seems To Enlighten An Ignorant Bella-Edward. From Here The Pace Picks Up But The Rest (Acting, Brooding Stare Downs & Whatnot) Is Just Absolutely Rubbish. Career Killing Low-Light For All Involved.
August 30, 2016
Enjoyed this less than the others which I gave 4 stars as they were just harmless fantasy fun. Was very very strange in parts. For example the honey moon and the birth. Strange and disgusting. I know that's how the story went but it was off putting and I did not enjoy these bits. Makes you feel uncomfortable watching it.
August 16, 2016
Surpreendentemente apenas chatinho, "Amanhecer Parte 1" atà (C) tem uma dinâmica e bons efeitos visuais. Os diálogos estúpidos, as atuações inexpressivas e a historinha enfadonha, entretanto, parecem ser características inseparáveis da 'saga' (pfff) Crepúsculo.
½ August 6, 2016
A poor entry in the series. As the story drags so does the lack of tension and the lame plot. More of the same here with little to entertain.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
After I thought Eclipse was pretty good(ish) because of the action I expected it to be just as action filled but I was let down and sat through a film that felt a million miles away from the first 3, It's not as dark and there's no fight scenes and the story drags but my rating is as high as is it because im hoping it's setting itself up for the grand finale, I hope.
June 28, 2016
Bella and Edward married and on their honeymoon. I wonder what could happen, are they like a normal couple on their honeymoon? Of course they are.
Too late in the evening
June 28, 2016
best vampire movie yet!!!! I love the chemistry that Robert and Kristen have.
June 28, 2016
why isn't my breaking dawn freaking working? It wont playback!
Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 28, 2016
I LOVE ALL OF THE TWILIGHT MOVIES when I watch it with a few of Friend's and without my Friend's.
June 28, 2016
It's a great movie, my daughter loves it.