Twilight Saga, I, Ii, III Marathon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Saga, I, Ii, III Marathon Reviews

October 30, 2014
Twilight Saga Movie review

Recently I saw the multimillion franchise movie Twilight. If you haven't heard of twilight let me tell you that you are missing out. Twilight is a serious of three books which includes Twilight, New moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn written by the wonderful Stephanie Meyers. The story contains a mixture of romance/action novels it's a story about how a normal teenage girl named Bella who decides to go live with her dad her junior year of high school in a small town in Alaska. Upon her arrival of her new home she goes to her new high school where she becomes intrigued with this guy named Edward later on in the series she begins to start dating him and finds out that he is a vampire and so is his whole family!!!!! Then she becomes really good friends with her dads best friends son Jacob whom starts to catch feelings more than friends for Bella. Angered by the fact that she is dating Edward he becomes upset and distant from Bella, and eventually we find out why he is mad because he is a Werewolf and they don't get along with the vampires. From that moment on it turns it action with Werewolf's vs. Vampires, Vampires vs. Vampires and falling in love.

Now that you have an idea about what the books is about it can give you an understanding of the movie in a better aspect. When hearing that they were going to make a movie it literally blew my mind the anticipation was real just like every pre-teen and teenage girls and boys in America. Upon seeing the first one movie I was very amazed at the way the actually made the movie fit almost every aspect of the first book Twilight. The way that they depicted each character to own was perfect they made sure to hire actors and actresses that fit the characters personality from there looks to their attitudes. I liked that they decided to choose Kristen Stewart to play the lead role of Bella Swan it fit her perfectly she had the look, attitude, and style just like the character. Another thing that I liked was leading roles of the men characters they choose to pick Robert Patterson to play the dark, mysterious, vampire and handsome Edward Cullen and Taylor Lautner to play, the best friend of Bella, werewolf, and super ripped Jacob Black. The location of the movie that they picked was also pretty head on they decided to pick a small town somewhere in Seattle that set the mood perfectly and made you feel just like you were sitting reading the book all over again. It somewhat made you feel like instead of reading it you were actually in the film with the characters, the setting was a beautiful scenery of forestry and falls with a light mist that would come and go through the film.

During the first two films of Twilight and New moon they seemed to be very successful of staying true to the book somewhat even though there were some minor errors in the movie that were talked about in the books but not shown in the movies. The last two films that were very distressful due to the fact that they had a bad way of trying to stay on track with the film mad it really difficult to actually keep loving the movie. For instance in the third installment Eclipse it was presented to become a little too cheesy at some points. Like yes we get in Taylor Lautner is a very handsome guy but we don't need to see his 6 pack every five minutes of the film let's be honest. Also the fact they it felt that after a while the same facial expression from Kristen Stewart begin to get a little old like can you please smile we get it your confused about who to pick between but you can give us something else other than a facial expression. Also they didn't stay true to the story line somewhat for instance in the beginning of the book originally Bella is given a note from Jacob expressing his love for her, whereas in the movie Bella and Edward are supposedly in the meadow together and they don't even end up in the meadow until they have an epic battle in the Eclipse book. Altogether it was very unpleasant and disappointing to see the first two films be successful and then just go two crap in the third film.
You would think that after the third film being a complete disaster they would make sure that they corrected the fourth movie which was a 2 part installment of Breaking Dawn part 1 and Breaking Dawn part 2. In Breaking Dawn part it seemed that they kept the main story line of the book pretty close in tact to the book as much as possible there were some tiny bit of things that were different but nothing that altered the book completely. It was nice seeing that they did that they did actually cut back on all the scenes of 6 packs of Taylor Launter which was great due to the fact that it steered of way from the cheesy look of a hot dude that can't act without showing his muscles. Breaking Dawn part 2 they sort of failed when they tried to create the ending of the film, don't get me wrong it ended with an EPIC battle between the good vampires and the evil Vultri's they failed to also show Jacob giving Bella's daughter a promise which in fact would be a little particularly weird in real life but he gave her a gift instead. Also the fact that some of the stories where altered in the movie was kind of a downfall for me just being a fan I wanted to see more of it mainly stick to the book.
After seeing all four films my emotions were very mixed some were good and some were bad. I wouldn't say that it was necessarily that bad but minding the fact that some facts of the book weren't portrayed in the movie. It deserves as 4 out 5 stars the special effects were awesome along with the greatest battles of all time happening. I would recommend this movie to anybody who adores fantasy and likes to feel like they are the edge of their seats and anticipating the next thing. To all Twilight fans and newcomers to the book or film this is a must see minus not staying true it was actually a pretty good film. I just am a perfectionist and a book worm more so, so I like to feel like I am reading the book that's just me. In general this a great film for all pre-teens and teenagers to see. To all my fellow twilight fans and newcomers please enjoy this AWESOME SAGA!
October 28, 2014
this is one of tje best sagas...
½ January 15, 2014
I have only viewed the first two of the three movies featured here and give them both half a star each
January 9, 2013
I love this series and can not wait for the last part to get onto DVD.
November 27, 2012
IT WAS AMAZING! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!
½ November 18, 2012
Great way to spend the day =]
November 15, 2012
The best movie marathon that will ever be. MySpace turned me onto Twilight and I am so happy I've been involved in this entire saga
Enjoy Every Single Episode!! Look forward to BREAKING DAWN ll
November 15, 2012
I am at the cinema watching the complete saga :-) hope it's good
November 15, 2012
omg just like the biggest fan
½ June 11, 2012
All are bad movies except for the third one and it was a tad bit too long. I LOVED the books though.
½ January 9, 2012
I NEED INFO ON THIS MARATHON......
½ January 9, 2012
Absolutely not interested, in ever seeing this. I understand that you have to play these absolutely horrible movies because of the mentally challenged love the look of constipation on the actors faces.