Twin Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twin Town Reviews

½ May 5, 2012
The acting is pretty shabby in places and the script is corny and but I love this film. I must have watched it loads of times. There isn't a single sentance goes by without a totally unneccessary swear which I don't like although I can imagine that Swansea is full of people who do actually speak like that. The ending of the film gives you that feel good feeling that every film should.
½ May 3, 2012
Grim. This Welsh comedy/drama is wild and unconvincing and Rhys Ifans remains one of the most unlikable screen presences in recent history.
½ February 25, 2012
A wild and crazy ride!
½ February 11, 2012
A wild and crazy ride!
January 28, 2012
Watched it so many times we wore out the tape and had do get it on DVD...
January 22, 2012
Some funny bit, worth a watch if you ever see it on TV
November 27, 2011
Swansea... pretty sh*ty city
September 26, 2011
A great modern film, the Welsh Trainspotting? The multiple stories and connections give the film layers and when they all come together all hell breaks loose. Yes there is a lot of over the top obsecene language, violence and crime - this is the modern world... Being from Swansea, believe me this is how Swansea used to be in places - only a minority thankfully - this is essential viewing and is hilarious - hot dogs for tea boys!!!
½ May 5, 2011
I sincerely wish I'd missed this one.

A film with only one single redeeming feature: it ends. The characters are all utterly destestable, mindlessly sedistic and innanely boring. The plot is... there is no plot. Two one-dimentional criminals tear up the neighbourhood without drive or motivation. Their antics eventually lead to them pissing off the local mister big, who has their family accidently killed by a bungling bent cop. Who cares? The parents were as utterly detestable, mindless and innanely boring as everyone else. The two 1D crims get their own back, the end. The baddies, kill the baddies and get away with it all... Marvelous. Should have had an Oscar, they normally give them away to shit movies...

Oh yeah, I'd give Swansea a miss as well...
March 24, 2011
Produced by Danny Boyle and Andrew MacDonald, straight off their successes with Shallow Grave (1994) and Trainspotting (1996), and written and directed by Kevin Allen, (brother of Keith, who has a cameo.) This is a very fast, furious and funny crime comedy which may not show Wales in a good light, but it's great entertainment. Set in Swansea, it has the Lewis Twins, Julian (Llyr Evans) and Jerome (Rhys Ifans), though they're not really twins but brothers, who are glue-sniffing, cannibis smoking car theives, who live with their family who live off dole money, and live in a series of caravans. Their father Fatty (Huw Ceredig) falls from a ladder while doing roofing worked, cash in hand, for corrupt local businessman Bryn Cartwright (William Thomas). When Bryn refuses to pay compensation for the accident, the twins humiliate Bryn's daughter Bonnie (Jenny Evans), by peeing on her during a karaoke. So, Bryn calls in bent copper Terry Walsh (Dougray Scott), to sort them out, but twins get revenge by killing the Cartwright's dog, and the tit-for-tat continues, until it ends in tragedy and vengeance. For a debut feature, it's very well made, and despite the shoestring budget, it looks like it cost more. Evans and Ifans are very funny as the twins, and this helped put Dougray Scott on the road to greater things, oh and it has a cool soundtrack.
March 23, 2011
Cult classic. The brothers are awesome. "buy your own f***king glue" :) absolute classic. If you want a film that appeals to your sensative side, stay away! lol, if you want a see life in south wales, watch on :D
February 8, 2011
I love this film, 1st saw it nearly 15 years ago and its still good now
½ February 7, 2011
How much for a wank Eadie??
January 15, 2011
Not amazing. This one is about two brothers who were wronged by a man and they get revenge. It all gets out of control and they begin to kill eachother. I just didn't get into it, though.

Some of the dialog was pretty good.
November 1, 2010
great film....buy your own f'in glue lol
½ October 15, 2010
I was expecting a Boondock Saints type knock-off but this movie is quite a bit lighter and funnier...but without the badass dance scene with Willem Defoe.

Not a lot to say. I couldn't understand what they were saying because the accent is so think. I usually watch with captions/subtitles anyway but absolutely
October 6, 2010
Too many quotes to mention, a must see!
September 28, 2010
Non avevo mai sentito così tante volte la parola "cazzo" in meno di due ore. Comunque, a parte la volgarità ed alcuni momenti di pura idiozia (che non guasta), è un film apprezzabile x)
September 26, 2010
Excellent movie, laugh out loud funny with some great lines.