Two Arabian Knights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two Arabian Knights Reviews

November 22, 2014
A charming comedy from Hollywood Master Lewis Milestone who went only on 2.5 years later to make his masterpiece an anti WWI film called All Quiet on the Western Front.

I have recently found his first silent feature Seven Sinner (1925) in Australia & I was keen to see his silent work...this particular film is a delightful comedy about two POW who escape an War Camp as Arabs & accidentally land in Turkey.

The humor is predictable but the film is fun & moves along nicely...Mary Astor unbelievably portrays an Arab Woman but who cares she is the damsel in distress...a fun comedy that's worth a watch.
October 14, 2010
A beautiful movie. So glad it was recovered.
½ April 11, 2010
It was ok, I didn't really find it very funny though.
½ April 30, 2009
Excellent silent film by Lewis Milestone about two soldiers from WWI who become POWs and manage to escape to Arabia. Very amusing with some hilarious moments throughout (I loved the joke with their frozen white gowns). There are some pretty amazing moments as well, the first scene of the film where the two soldiers are fighting in the pit and the Germans surround them is quite incredible. This won Milestone Best Director for a Comedy Picture at the first Oscars (the only time the award was given).
November 20, 2008
First Oscar winner for Best Director - near impossible to find right now - until they put on DVD