Two Hands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two Hands Reviews

October 1, 2016
Comedy crime film combines the two elements flawlessly. Loved the Burt Bacharach-, origami-, chess- and Scrabble-loving gangster played by Bryan Brown. And Rose Byrne and Heath Ledger early in their careers, both wonderful.
SPOILER The final shot is of Heath's wide smile. Happy ending.
May 29, 2016
When the late Heath Ledger was still a nobody down under.
September 1, 2015
Might be interesting . . .
April 20, 2015
This movie is not exactly bad but it takes a damn long time to get interesting. It also seems like the director wasn't sure if he wanted to make this precautionary Fairy Tale or a Gangster Love Story. It just feels like it tries to blend both but unsuccessfully.
½ February 8, 2015
What a lucky director to make this small film and get his hands on two actors that would become big stars. This is a small time gang film influenced and similar to a Guy Richie movie without the same style. There are many of these more independent kinds of movies and lots of them are mediocre but this one is solidly in the good category. Just a good story well told with characters you care about, nothing to fancy. Enjoy seeing Heath and Rose before they were huge.
½ January 31, 2015
A good fun flick, Brown & Ledger are excellent, Byrne not that good. A few dead spots but worth a look
½ January 25, 2015
Two Hands is an Australian crime comedy full of energy & crafty wit
April 12, 2014
Set in the slums of Oz, a soundtrack consisting of mainly powderfinger and crowded house, and the theme that everything has within it good AND bad. How could this not be fun? The greatest Aussie film I've ever seen, a must see.
January 25, 2014
What little this movie lacks, is well made up for with some strange total-greater-than-the-sum-of-parts magic it possesses.
½ January 23, 2014
Two Hands is a simple and clever crime film about its effect on Australia's youth accurately and with the special Aussie Touch. It also has a charming performance from young Heath Ledger still in his Australian youth so that altogether the result is great
December 19, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
October 19, 2013
An Australian classic!!
½ July 6, 2013
Two Hands Two Big Thumbs Up. A very shine jew in movie history. So real and original. A very smart and fun screenplay. A great ride from start to finish. Australian demonstrate to be a very stylish and open mind filmakers. Heath ledger hello now you know hes the best guy around. But well he was just 18 at this movie and i recognize that he did not improve his acting he born to act, he so f#@*^g natural.
½ March 31, 2013
A great upstart for the late Heath Ledger's career before he hit Hollywood.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
November 27, 2012
I know this was good, but can't remember it too well.
September 6, 2012
THe only reason anyone might enjoy this vile Debacle is because a much younger heath ledger puts on a conveniently convinving performance as someone attractive.
August 30, 2012
Save for the wonky ending, this is a gripping and enjoyable film.
August 30, 2012
Save for the wonky ending, this is a gripping and enjoyable film.
blkbomb
June 20, 2012
The Man: Something that's good can still have a little bit of bad in it, and something that's bad still has a little bit of good.

"It seemed simple. Just deliver the cash."

The only reason I watched this unknown Australian film is because it had the late Heath Ledger. A movie is worth watching just to see him on screen. That's all this movie really is worth though. I just didn't enjoy it. It seemed like it was trying to be smart in the vein of Tarantino, but it came off as an amateurish effort to do so. It isn't unwatchable bad. There's some good acting and the storyline is at least watchable. That's all I can really say good about it though. When a movie isn't as smart as the writer thinks it is; I seldom like it. Showing us the "conclusion" at the start to try to trick us could work, but not when you get to that point too early.

A strip club promoter takes an easy cash delivery job for a gangster. He goes and knocks on the door where he is supposed to drop it off, but no one is there. While he tries to kill time, he loses the money and now must try to avoid the gangster who will surely kill him. A pretty basic plot that has been done before and been done better.

Two Hands is an insignificant Ausie thriller/comedy. Watch it if you are a Ledger completist like me. It isn't a completely awful film, so if you just want to see a movie with Ledger that you haven't seen, give it a look. Just don't expect anything much.