Two for the Road - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two for the Road Reviews

May 5, 2013
Another incredibly brilliantly fantastically excellently amazing movie from the best actress Audrey Hepburn. You will never fail me Audrey all your movies I saw were incredibly brilliantly fantastically excellently amazing movies and I know Audrey Hepburn will never fail me with her incredibly brilliantly fantastically excellently amazing acting.
9th best Hepburn movie ever
9. Two for the Road

Happy Birthday Audrey Hepburn
-5/4/13
½ March 19, 2013
It definitely doesn't deserve classic status despite the presence of the lively Audrey Hepburn. It's basically the story of a doomed relationship thought he strumming of the Henry Mancini score tries to tell us otherwise. It skips around to different travels and in order to not be confused i needed to remember which costume was worn where since the two leads never age. Also Albert Finney decide she should play his role as animpersonation of Sydney Poitier it seems.
March 18, 2013
Two For The Road is a superb romance film that unlike most, takes a great deal of time to examine the relationship between the two main characters over the course of more than a decade in the good times and bad times. It covers several points of their relationship ranging from the actual dating, to marriage, to becoming parents, infidelities, and much more. It's funny, emotional, and very entertaining. I'd say it is definitely among the greatest romance films I've ever seen. It's a beautiful and compelling film that deserves more attention.
March 6, 2013
An interestingly directed movie that goes through a timeline of highs and lows of a married couple. A different very role for audrey then id previously seen from her.
½ February 23, 2013
Insightful romantic comedy that is well scripted and features wonderful perfornces from both Audrey Hepburn amd Albert Finney.
February 6, 2013
A beautiful and touching film that is a visual treat.
January 19, 2013
It sucked me in, despite myself.
January 15, 2013
Some very beautiful moments. Slightly too long and the acting isn't particularly strong.
December 9, 2012
Everyone should see this film if you're a fan of Audrey Hepburn or Albert Finney.
It was Henry Mancini's favorite score. Writing by Frederic Raphael (he wrote DARLING) is smart, funny, sarcastic, bittersweet...and ultimately romantic. And you've never seen Audrey Hepburn like this. Make sure you see the widescreen version. And as the film shifts in time tracking their relationship over 12 years, you need to pay attention. No talking or texting!! But it is well worth the effort.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
½ November 7, 2012
Needs to be a little shorter. I want to go back in time and make Audrey Hepburn love me.
October 29, 2012
The stunning Jackie Bisset just about steals the movie in her eponymous role with about 5 minutes of screen time. Audrey Hepburn is a bit on the scrawny side for my taste. If only she hadn't had chicken pox when she was 12. Beyond that the tale of Joanna and Mark Wallace captures marriage / long-term romantic relationships in a nut shell. It was tantamount to watching my life story played out on screen. The film's fast paced editing and nonlinear structure was ahead of it's time. The latter and the principal's family name were later borrowed for Pulp Fiction. It holds up rather well after 45 years.
October 29, 2012
May be disjointed for some, but there are very mature and thoughtful themes examined about difficulties and choices in marriage. Has moments of powerful emotion, light-hearted fun, despair, hope, and the uncertain future together.
½ October 4, 2012
'Blue Valentine' for the sixties. Hepburn is as beautifully charming as ever and Finney puts on a wonderful persona for Hepburn's most satisfyingly real on screen romance. The 'bitch' and the 'bastard' play off each other perfectly.
September 27, 2012
This was a film of mixed emotions to me, it had charm & charisma but it was all over the place.

Audrey Hepburn was fantastic but there isn't many films she is not, but the film didn't seem to have a set story it just jumped back & forward. The film was set in the larger part rural France so the film was gorgeous to look at.

Other than a few chuckles here & there I couldn't see the point of the film & I struggled to get into it...has a few good scenes but no masterpiece.
September 3, 2012
Love. That's all I can say.
September 3, 2012
I thought it was a good story and I liked the non-linear style.
July 23, 2012
A good humorous non linear story that can sometime be mind boggling but is still a worthwhile film about the struggles with marriage.
½ July 14, 2012
My Favorite. Avant-guard. Older than his age.
The Best Film of Audry Hepburn. This is a Life Teaching movie.
The sunbathing Scene at hotel is great.

I adore these lines:

"We can't even fight in peace!"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Wallace: What kind of people just sit in a restaurant and don't say one word to each other?
Joanna Wallace: Married people?
-------------------------------------------------------------
½ June 15, 2012
"two for the road" is an enjoyable film with fun and charming performances from audrey hepburn and albert finney. the story jumps forwards and backwards often without a warning, and is written very well like that, and the actors' makeup is subtle, yet noticeable to make them look older.