Two Girls and a Guy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two Girls and a Guy Reviews

June 6, 2015
Raw and uncompromising, Two Girls and a Guy takes a hard look at relationships. When two women discover that they've been unknowing dating the same guy, they decide to ambush him at his apartment and get answers. The performances by Heather Graham, Natasha Gregson Wagner, and Robert Downey Jr. are especially good, and they have impressive chemistry together. But the film doesn't seem to know what it's trying to say; as the women's indignation at being cheated on turns into hypocrisy as the discussion gets deeper and more revealing. In fact, the main characters seem to be constantly in flux as the issues of honesty and fidelity are exploded (which could be the point). Two Girls and a Guy has some interesting ideas, but it doesn't really work as a film.
½ May 7, 2015
This movie was a mess. The plot was non-existent and this was just one of those movies that you were like wtf is happening. I had no idea what to expect when watching this. Robert Downey Jr. did have an awesome performance even though it was hard to follow why he was doing the things he was doing
½ October 20, 2014
Money. Someone needed a paycheck. That is why this film exists with these people in it.
September 27, 2014
This story went nowhere and these 2 girls are idiots.
November 17, 2013
The idea is good - two girls find out by accident that they have been dating the same guy for a year. They decide to confront him. But I didn't find Blake's excuses funny at all - in fact, I wondered what the two girls were still doing at his apartment after the first 15 minutes of the movie at all.
May 24, 2013
Three people talking way too much about way too little. I abandoned it after 30 minutes. Its a shame - it might have been something. 'Interview' managed more with two actors, and Buscemi isn't pretty.
January 4, 2013
While it would definitely work better on stage, this is an acting tour de force.... While both Heather Graham and Natasha Gregson Wagner give us fully-fleshed, hot blooded performances, this movie is THE testament to the astounding talents of Robert Downey, Jr. What we always knew he had is on full display, and he is riveting!
December 20, 2012
Wasn't that TV show?
December 13, 2012
Robert Downey, Jr. was excellent as always, but Natasha Gregson Wagner's performance was equivalent to a high school play.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
December 4, 2012
Two young ladies named Carla (Heather Graham) and Lou (Natasha Gregson Wagner) strike up a conversation while waiting outside of an apartment building for their boyfriends. It's not long into their conversation when they discover that they are each dating the same guy: a narcissistic and arrogant actor named Blake (Robert Downey, Jr.). Angered and bewildered over his deception, the two decide to team up, break into his apartment, and confront him when he gets home.

I think this is probably what Les Diaboliques might be to an extent if it wasn't a horror/thriller. It's a darkly comedic dramedy about love, lust and commitment in the late 90s, and a really nice and underrated gem.

It's definitely got the vibe of a stage play, mostly due to the minimal cast, and the fact that it takes place entirely in front of or inside Blake's apartment. It was also shot almost totally in sequence and plays out almost completely in real time.

I don't want to spoil how the confrontation plays out, as that's where the joy of the film lies, but I will say that I was surprised by it, and totally didn't know what to expect or where the film was going.

The writing is pretty strong for the most part, though things do slip somewhat near the end. What I really didn't expect from this is how it starts off like a typical fluffy romcom, but ends up being something actually worth of contemplation and serious discussion. Awesome.

It's not perfect, but this is overall a really strong piece of work. It's got great casting and performances, it's about something, and it both entertains and gives the brain something to think about. Well done.
December 2, 2012
will give it a chance
November 18, 2012
robert se expresa como si fuera teatro, historiasencilla de algo que todos piensan complejo
½ September 22, 2012
why did this feel like a recorded play? Oh, because it was was done in 11 days. the other female was not a good actress, and hence painful to watch.
August 22, 2012
supposed to be charming, but it's not.
August 8, 2012
This is an argumentive, light hearted, and insensitive film about cheating. Hit and miss film, that plays with emotions. Robert Downey Jr. is scum after he comes home,with both girlfriends furious demanding explaination. With crying, and screaming Downey struggles to juggle both girls fiercly attacking his dignity. Every intense moment with either girl gave him hard on's. His resolution? To forgive, and start over with a romp in the sheet altogether, who's down for a threesome?
July 12, 2012 me convencio la trama
July 12, 2012 me convencio la trama
½ July 1, 2012
This film is executed like a play. While the ending is far from the best part--a rather obvious end, really--the script is written to showcase the actors as they probe each others' feelings, keeping the viewer guessing and re-forming our opinions towards them and toward the subject itself (infidelity). The lines are sometimes grossly unrealistic and horribly verbose, but for the most part clever and even thought-provoking. Robert Downey Jr. truly delivers, bringing the drama alive when he arrives and starts showcasing his stellar, convincing acting talents. Don't expect to be treated to any ultimate truths or memorable romance, but you will probably be entertained. There are a couple good laughs but this is not a party movie by any stretch.

Viewers are in for a dialogue-heavy social drama that occurs almost entirely in one apartment and focuses inward. Highly entertaining, though far from perfect.
½ June 7, 2012
Watching this right now, and it's either the booze or my (completely heterosexual love for Robert Downey Jr.) but this movie is fantastic!