Two Weeks with Love Reviews

• May 08, 2019

The best movie song ever sung: Aba Daba Honeymoon!

The best movie song ever sung: Aba Daba Honeymoon!

• Jul 04, 2017

One of my favorite musicals. My husband and I had had a quarrel before going top this movie. We laughed so hard that all was forgiven before the movie ended.

• Apr 21, 2016

Underrated MGM musical has its own quiet charm about it; musical numbers (some directed by Busby Berkeley) include a sweeping behind-the-credits introduction through a park as well as the hit recording of "Abba Daba Honeymoon," sung by Debbie Reynolds and Carleton Carpenter.

• May 26, 2014

This period musical comedy about two sisters trying to win the affection of the same gentleman isn't really my usual cup of tea, but Ricardo Montalban plays the handsome stranger and he's my new obsession. I really think Montalban had the acting chops and on screen charism to be a huge star, but I don't think the Hollywood studio system was ready for a non-white leading man. But to this film in particular, it's a very musically musical, which I don't really care for. I did enjoy Montalban singing and dancing, but there wasn't much else I liked about the film except for Louis Calhern as the harried dad and Debbie Reynolds as the younger daughter.

• Mar 18, 2014

gr8 cast but not my cup-o-tea

gr8 cast but not my cup-o-tea

• Jul 29, 2013

I recommend this movie. Oh this movie is such fun! It perfectly captures that in between teenager and adult stages of life. A point where you just don't quite fit in with the younger crowd but don't really have the experience with the older crowd. The main character feels that she really can't be complete until she has a corset, yes a corset and oh boy is there some humorous antics involved with her desire in getting a corset. The movie also captures the feeling of summer vacation quite well, even though things are vastly different now, they really aren't all that different. It is a musical which might be offputting for some people but the songs I find delightful and just really fun. This movie is highly entertaining and I might add, has Kahn from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Ricardo Montalban himself. If it has Kahn in it, you know it's going to be good. If you are in the mood for a summer movie, with some musical numbers and fun entertainment you really can't go wrong with this. This is on the Green Embers' Recommended List!

• Jun 26, 2011

A somewhat obscure but lovely musical with some memorable songs. I absolutely love the renditions of "Aba Daba Honeymoon" and "The Oceana Roll". (First and only viewing - 6/26/2011)

• May 09, 2011

Hysterical. Dirty Dancing in the 20's. Two weeks in the Catskills with Ricardo Montalban... too funny. Catch this one if you can.

• Nov 25, 2009

Classic coming-of-age film that I fell senselessly and unashamedly in love with. =D

• Dec 11, 2008

One of my all time fave movies Jane Powell shines in this movie and Debbie Renoylds gives a good performance as her younger sister, a very innocent movie