The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan Reviews

• Apr 26, 2020

Very thought provoking and different! The ending is really shocking; I highly recommend it!

• Nov 19, 2017

After reading that this film in that it was written and directed by Frank De Felitta, who made the memorably scary and lurid Barbara Hershey horror film "The Entity," I was somewhat intrigued what this paranormal TV movie would be like. While "The Entifity" much more along the lines of "The Exorcist" or "The Changeling" as a straight up horror film, this film is much more along the lines of "Somewhere in Time" or "The Time Traveler's Wife" as a romantic story with mystery and fantasy elements. Lindsay Wagner, best known as The Bionic Woman, Jaimie Sommers, plays Jeannie Logan, a recently divorced woman moving into an old Victorian home. After exploring her new home, she finds herself traveling back in time and unraveling a murder mystery that occurred long ago at the home. She falls in love with a hunky artist from the past, The Beastmaster, Marc Singer, but is The Beastmaster the murderer? Will love conquer all? Will the Bionic Woman be trapped in the past or trapped in the present away from her Beastmaster love? This is strictly 1970s cheese, but it's pretty entertaining cheese.

• Feb 07, 2015

This TV movie based on David Williams' novel 'Second Sight' is quite a plain love story, actually. What it makes the film all that more exciting, though, is the 'travel in time' factor where it cares to show that true love knows no boundaries. Not even by standard time. The stellar tv cast, with Lindsay Wagner fresh off from 'Bionic Woman' fame and Linda Gray, sure makes up for the sometimes very cliched rom-com vibes. Overall it's a great romantic tale and Jennie and David's love story sure does feel like true. And a great one for you to melt your heart with along some good popcorn.

• Jun 03, 2014

Very sad. Very romantic, but still sad at the same time. I liked it though. The ending was depressing... But it was good. I can't even explain it. Wouldn't see the film again.

• Feb 18, 2013

★ (out of four) Dreadfull made for tv move from 1979 that features several television stars in their prime, like Lindsay Wagner, Linda Gray, and Marc Singer. Too bad just being a big name can't even come close to saving this. Lindsay Wagner plays a woman who moves in an old Victorian style mansion. There are many things that intrigue her about the house, especially the items that have been left behind. In the attic she finds and old dress. She puts it on an instantly finds herself transported back in time to when someone else used to wear the dress. She meets a man from that era and falls in love. I know it is based on a beloved book, which I hope is much better than this. The plot leaves a lot to be desired and the performances are laughable. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Zeppo1/TwoWorldsofJennieLOgan_zps7d611739.jpg[/IMG]

• Aug 10, 2012

I remember watching this as a kid and watched it tonight 30 years later with my daughter and we both loved it. It's no "Somewhere In Time" (which I would give 20 stars if Flixster allowed it) but a beautiful, romantic, suspenseful movie all the same and a smashing frock.

• Dec 25, 2010

Interesting movie based on the book "Second Sight," takes a journey similar to the films "Somewhere in Time" and "The Time Traveller's Wife." If you like movies with drama and romances that span across time to tesseract in a different space- this film is for you. I thought it was thoughtful and interesting, a little old-fashioned classic that would belovely as a remake. It has a slightly scary premise but a hopeful ending. You are sure to be surprised.

• Mar 28, 2009

"The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan" is one of my very favourite movies. It's about time travel mixed with romance and drama. It stars Lindsay Wagner As Jennie Logan who moves into an old house in the country with her husband Michael. In the attic she finds a dress from the turn of the century, and when she puts it on, she is transported to that time and falls in love wiht the owner of her house. During her trips back to the present, Jennie discovers her new love died suspiciously and endevours to change the past for the better. I recommend this movie to everyone!

• Jan 02, 2009

This movie is about a woman who is trying to rebuild her shattered marriage. She and her husband move to an old Victorian style home, where she finds a beautiful dress in the attic, which has a tear in the shoulder. She has the dress repaired. When she tries it on in the restored attic, she suddenly finds herself in another era. This time travel seems to happen whenever she wears the dress. She learns the house was once owned by an artist who died under mysterious circumstances. She meets the artist and eventually falls in love with him. Knowing what she does about his fate, can her love save him and change history? I love this movie and asked Flixster to add it. It is a beautiful well written love story,i have seen it only once when i was 4 years old but it stuck in my mind and i would love to watch it again.

• Jul 01, 2006

[center][b][font=Tahoma][img]http://www.lindagray.com/JennieLoganOne.jpg[/img][/font][/b][/center] [b][font=Tahoma]This movie is about a woman who is trying to rebuild her shattered marriage. She and her husband move to an old Victorian style home, where she finds a beautiful dress in the attic, which has a tear in the shoulder. She has the dress repaired. When she tries it on in the restored attic, she suddenly finds herself in another era. [/font][/b] [b][font=Tahoma]This time travel seems to happen whenever she wears the dress. She learns the house was once owned by an artist who died under mysterious circumstances. She meets the artist and eventually falls in love with him. Knowing what she does about his fate, can her love save him and change history?[/font][/b] [center][b][font=Tahoma][img]http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000E31ZKC.01-A3TP4ADHTP9V4X._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1136203305_.jpg[/img][/font][/b][/center] [b][font=Tahoma]What did I get myself into? I'm just joking. The 1979 made-for-television movie, The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan, is not as vomit inducing as I anticipated. Something of a prelude to Jeannot Szwarc's Somewhere In Time, The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan suffers from some of the former's identical mistakes. Entirely too much cheese and sap water down this, potentially, compelling love story. The time-traveling and somewhat gothic atmosphere are the only factors that save this fare from its dreadfully banal love affair. Visually, the picture looks hideously dated and evidently made-for-television. A possibly pleasant score supplements the movie but is so overemphasized that by the end I found it revolting. Lindsay Wagner stars as the title character but her performance constantly seems forced, and as for, her 1899 love interest, Marc Signer... Well, the clearly 70s sideburns take away any respect that I had for the picture capturing the period correctly. His dialogue and mannerisms are horrendously overdone. Overall, The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan is an excessively corny chick flick with poor dialogue and even worse acting.[/font][/b] [center][b][font=Tahoma][img]http://www.lindagray.com/JennieLoganTwo.jpg[/img][/font][/b][/center]