Tyler Perry's Good Deeds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tyler Perry's Good Deeds Reviews

½ January 5, 2016
Okay but I just never felt invested in any character and their issues.
½ August 16, 2015
Mostly boring with a few funny and dramatic scenes.
August 2, 2015
Thank you to Tyler Perry for providing good Romance movies which there are not enough of.
January 19, 2015
Tyler Perry brands his movies as " over dramatic" and "all black" which doesn't leave much room for enhancement and growth.
January 19, 2015
Another exaggerated drama by Tyler Perry. Although the story is more profound, it still has that lame and predictable quality to it.
January 8, 2015
A very good movie, as always Tyler Perry has good movies!
November 26, 2014
Gotta love Lifetime channel movies and yes I have a girl crush on Gabrielle Union!
November 17, 2014
Tyler Perry movies are pretty typical. Often times the viewer knows what to expect right at the beginning. This movie is very much like that. I did find it very enjoyable however. The cast was very effective. Thandie Newton always gives 100% for her roles, which is always wonderful to see. So overall it was a fine movie.
November 16, 2014
Light but heartwarming story. Quite entertaining.
½ September 29, 2014
Can you say chick flick.
½ September 28, 2014
ok. good hearted movie.
September 19, 2014
I will post a review
August 2, 2014
The story line is predictable as said before. Afew thing that I feel the producer did NOT pay attention to are 1.The sound quality while Wesley's girlfriend was at the dance club is laughable. It was such poor acting I wanted to cry
2.When Wesleys mother comes to the gate of the airline to say goodbye. Now this movie is released in 2012. That is 10 yrs after twin towers terror attacks and we all know, nobody gets into the gate section of any airport unless they are ticketed passengers. Scene shows an international airport I wondered how the lady managed to pass thru the TSA without luggage or a ticket in her hand !! is it coz she's rich ? or was she travelling someplace herself ? mmmhhh..that was an epic failure !!!!!
3.Last but not least, he leaves the tickets to a janitor who has less than 12 hrs to get a passport for her and the daughter so she can join him in first class flying to Africa. How did his lady have a passport so quickly ? It ends in a very cheesy cheap way. Sorry Tyler Perry I am inlove with your movies but it seems like in the end you ran out of a story and rushed to end it. Boring to say the least. Two stars because I still love you and all the actors in the movie. Story line gets double zero
July 27, 2014
Tyler Perry is a class act in this film. I'd relish the chance to help someone like he did in this movie.
June 28, 2014
Thandie Newton was robbed of her NYFA nom
May 30, 2014
Now I admire the lead actress in other movies but a broke single mother is not the best role for her. She does better in the awkward flirting sessions with Mr. Perry, I could suspend my disbelief. But, a poor, struggling and ghetto janitor did not work. Her dancing to Tupac was another failed example of trying to pass the role but the casting director should b fired. I have a feeling Mr. Perry picked her though. Actually the fiancĂ (C) that Mr. Perry left for the lead actress in the end should have switched roles. She could have definitely handled that role convincingly and the movie might have really soared. This is case in point negligent casting reminiscent of that twilight chick who really shouldn't be acting at all. She should be teaching lamas classes with the heavy breathing she butchers her roles and lines with. Maybe that's harsh, it might be that she has a medical contrition such as asthma or COPD, but I digress. Get better casting directors folks and make better / harder choices and movies will begin to return to the classic state. Good examples of proper casting would be Ghost or The Professional. This movie could have been something great but the lead should refrain from playing a hard knocked individual. Suspension of Disbelief is flaccid throughout this movie........
½ April 26, 2014
I love all of Tyler Perrys movies. The message behind this movie was great.
April 5, 2014
A Must See Movie..!!
March 24, 2014
TYLER Perry You Always Out do YourSelf on Your Films keep up the good work!
March 23, 2014
I love how Tyler Perry's character changes throughout the movie and decides that he doesn't want to be with who he's been with in the movie til the end. I think that he knows what matters more than anything in the world to him. I never would have thought that Tyler Perry and Philcia Rashad would ever look like mother and son, but they really do.