U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle (U2's Beautiful Day) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle (U2's Beautiful Day) Reviews

March 15, 2015
An exemplary homecoming show taken from the best of their latter day tours. One of three DVD's that I'd consider essential for U2 fanatics, the others being "Zoo TV" and "Red Rocks."
October 25, 2012
The best concert film by one of the best bands in the world. Watch & see why their fans consider their concerts akin to a religious experience.
October 21, 2011
I love U2's older music. I think this is their best live performance of all time, but that's just my opinion based on other live concerts I've seen of them.
MeetMeinMontauk
June 30, 2010
All the pain and beauty of filming a concert in Ireland a few days after Bono's father's death. It's Irish, it's angry and it's perfect.
April 4, 2010
Dream out loud, dream at high volume, lucky barstads ain't we. Bono circ 1980. Crank it up LOUD !!
July 9, 2009
One of the best U2 concerts so far..... waiting for U2 360 ;o)
½ April 30, 2009
A great U2 concert film. If your a fan of the band U2 then you should watch this. Playing in their home country of Ireland during their Elevation tour. If your not a fan of their music then you can skip it. But for me I enjoyed it since I am a fan.
January 30, 2009
For every major band in the world there is a definitive live concert, and Live at Slane Castle might just be U2's. It's got a very strong set list that draws from just about every album they had released. There are also some really great shots, and the night was edited together real well too.

As for the band, Bono and The Edge are probably tied in numbers of amazing moments. And Bono sang extremely well, considering his father's funeral was held within a few days of the concert.

As for the set list itself, all of the songs are arguably the very best live versions that you'll ever hear from the band, but for me personally "Beautiful Day", "Until the End of the World", "New Year's Day", and "One" were exceptional. When I go back and listen to this concert I listen for these songs in particular.
December 30, 2008
The feeling from the band and the audience is unforgettable.
December 25, 2008
U2 is again spectacular live. Supercharged performance in front of the home crowd.
½ December 12, 2008
This is the better of the two Elevation tour DVDs. The audience and the performer are one. It is also a stronger setlist, one that draws from old songs a little more than the Boston DVD. This is a must-have for U2 fans.
½ October 17, 2008
The best U2 songs recorded live at an amazingly beautiful location in Ireland. Wish I'd been there...
October 5, 2008
It is great to see U2 is very loved in Ireland.
July 27, 2008
What can I say...I love this band! The sound quality and effects in this music movie are unique to the structure of Slane Castle. Oh, and of course, the countryside is absolutely gorgeous! A must see for any U2 fan!
iLeo
July 25, 2008
A personal favorite!
June 25, 2008
perfeito em todos os sentidos, a começar pela capa.
May 9, 2008
i was there -front row unbelievale concert
u2 are the bestlive act in da world no doubt
March 28, 2008
It's the reason that one of my favorite bands became the U2
March 17, 2008
Concert magique devant 80 000 irlandais déchainés. C'est après avoir vu ce DVD que je suis réellement devenu fan...
½ March 13, 2008
I love this so much, and oddly, so few U2 fans that I know have seen or heard of this. Makes me convinced that I have to see them in Ireland!