U2 - Rattle and Hum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

U2 - Rattle and Hum Reviews

September 4, 2013
Weaker upon a few subsequent viewings, but nonetheless an essential, authoritative account of Joshua Tree-era U2. The for-the-most-part decision to utilize black and white photography is a smart one. A nice album companion.
½ January 22, 2013
this was best film i saw...
December 7, 2012
Could sleep through it
October 12, 2011
not interested at all ....
April 29, 2010
Greatest Music DVD. Cool Live shows
½ February 28, 2010
No way this was made in 1999.
½ May 8, 2009
Great musical film if you are a fan of U2. Sort of a documentry filmed during the U2 Joshua Tree tour. There are some interviews, some film showing the band traveling and touring the USA. Plus tons of great music.
½ April 6, 2009
Im not much on concert films, I would rather see the band live and in person. that being said this movie was pretty good. My suggestion for this one is to have a nice surround sound available and crank it up!
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
½ November 30, 2008
This film was my introduction to U2. I've been addicted ever since. The documentary end the defining years of U2, and in my opinion sends them speeding into the 90's where they made their best music. If you like the classic U2, then you've found what you're looking for.
September 16, 2008
Probably my favourite concert film of all time.
½ September 14, 2008
Sunday bloody sunday. oh my god - that "speech"-like thing that he said...amazing.
½ September 2, 2008
U2 are AWSOME! Great concert dvd!
July 26, 2008
Awesome concert film! And no, Bono, you don't bug me like you would in later years.
July 25, 2008
u2 is the best band in the would, alot of my friends love them, they have been my favourite ever since i was little and will always love them for ever, i have all u2 albums, books and dvds.
July 13, 2008
More a concert film than a band documentary. Essential for U2 fans because it chronicles the close of the first third of their career. The period between "Rattle & Hum" and "Pop" takes the band in a totally different, and perhaps less credible, direction.
July 10, 2008
U2 were good when they were angry protest rock, not corporate anthem bullshit protest rock. Bono can slurp up my butt vomit.
July 10, 2008
It could have been better.
½ June 27, 2008
For 1988, the cinematography is amazingly good. I could've sworn it was in HD, but it was SD on an HD TV. Not to mention that the music is great, I mean, it is U2.
½ June 16, 2008