Ugly Aur Pagli - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ugly Aur Pagli Reviews

October 1, 2011
funny and entertaining
½ June 4, 2010
copy of sassy girl but not bad
February 26, 2010
Day: Sunday.
Date: 3 August 2008
Amt: 130/-
Time: 10.30 pm
Over at:12.45 am
With: Ismail, Fatema
Theatre: Roxy, Mumbai

If you wanna enjoy mindless comedy then go for it but I must say I enjoyed it. Mallika was good in acting and pleasure and Ranvir was a nerd as usual. I specially liked the slaps.
March 6, 2009
Hi ..........................
January 12, 2009
Stop with the slapping! I like Shorey and Sherawat but not in these performances.
January 2, 2009
I saw this on CX again..okie, i don't how many more versions of My Sassy Girl are going to come out. But i thought this Bollywood version was enjoyable after the original Korean one, coz the Hollywood one was just crap. Kabi and Kuhu are soo cute together! Mallika Sherawat is very pretty~
November 15, 2008
not the best movie....
October 30, 2008
I really seemed to miss what the big fuss was about! I didn't find it as hilarious as stupid...!
½ October 16, 2008
A disappointing Hindi re-make of the Korean film, "My Sassy Girl." What was quirky in "My Sassy Girl" became non-sensical in "Ugly Aur Pagli." I guess it was just made to be a timepass film. Incredibly this film was shorter than the Korean original even though the Hindi version had a handful of songs. Many times it was as if they had put the original script in a blender and then picked out random parts. Even though the original had partial male nudity, this Hindi re-make felt a lot more sleasy and trashy. What's up with that? Sorry to make this review only about comparisons, but seeing the differences between the two movies was the only saving grace of watching "Ugly Aur Pagli." Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already watched the original and you want a little more depth then look for "My Sassy Girl" on YouTube or Veoh.
October 16, 2008
Funny romantic movie from the producers of Pyaar Ke Side/Effects.
October 1, 2008
Ranvir is a great and makes the movie watchable. The story does not make a whole lot of sense but offers time pass entertainment.
September 26, 2008
Despite some initial reservations, I actually found the movie quite satisfying. It stays on track and focuses on two characters long enough so that you can actually see them evolve throughout the film, e.g., Malika's character is not really a bimbo as you might first suspect. Of course, the occasional slaps definitely add to the comedy factor.
½ September 26, 2008
A weird romance between a dumb carefree guy and a girl is the main story that had a few laughs...
½ September 25, 2008
Not really a great movie.. was just fun to watch it when I had nothing to do... just a little time pass..
September 25, 2008
UGLY AND PAGLI IS AN AMAZING MOVIE RANVIR SHORNEY AND MALLIKA SHERWANT LOOK AMAZING IN THE MOVIE THE MOIVE IS WORTH WATCHING EXPECAILLY MEIN TALLI HO GAYI!
September 22, 2008
Funny movie . I liked it
September 17, 2008
awesome movie...this goes to prove that even mallika can act.. mallika u hav a new fan....
September 14, 2008
lame attempt of making comedy ... second half makes it even much boring! i was expecting second half to make it better! very average ...! will think twice before watching another movie from this crew ..
½ September 13, 2008
terrible copy of Korean film Yeopgijeogin geunyeo (My Sassy Girl)
½ September 12, 2008
As the name suggests - this one falls in no-brains category. Its a good watch if u have to kill some time. Otherwise you can skip this one. A waste of talented Ranvir :/ And yeah Mallika can actually 'act'