Un illustre inconnu (Nobody from Nowhere) Reviews

• Mar 08, 2020

So. This movie is pretty awesome. I don't know why in the world Rotten Tomatoes says this movie is a comedy but whatever. For starters, everything will say that this movie is G. It is not. It is definitely PG-13. At least in America. Ok so the movie. Overall, it's a simple and frankly whimsical premise turned into a serious and interesting movie. The leading performance is outstanding and really makes you believe he is someone else. Although the movie never really provides a solid explanation as to why Sebastien (the main character) feels the need to become someone else, you completely buy it and worry for him when he gets trapped in a corner. The plot is really what any good plot should be; different intertwined plots rolled into one story. Although there are a few light-hearted moments, the movie has a very serious and almost dark tone to it. When Sebastien is examining people while talking to them you really start to feel uncomfortable. The camerawork provides an angle to that. Overall, it's an extremely well-made movie with a well-made story. And if you're worried about watching this movie with subtitles, don't. It almost adds to the disconnected an offbeat personality of the main character. Give it a try. You might enjoy it.

• Dec 28, 2019

This is a near masterpiece. I love the story conceived here. A man who feels boring is actually quite interesting because he likes to impersonate other people, then he gets the chance to truly become someone else. I am not saying much for fear of spoiling it for others. I thought this was great. The French are exceptional movie makers, and this film might perhaps be very unrealistic in certain ways, but the genius is actually how it indeed feels very realistic and believable. Fantastic movie. I loved it.

• Feb 22, 2017

Stunning trama, has became one of my favorite films

Stunning trama, has became one of my favorite films

• Sep 28, 2015

5/7. 19 Tour de Cine Frances.

5/7. 19 Tour de Cine Frances.

• Sep 23, 2015

Diferente, no sabía que esperar y sorpresivamente entretenida salvo al final que siento que la conclusión demora en llegar. http://cineptimoarte.blogspot.mx/

• Mar 21, 2015

An enigmatic Mathieu Kassovitz here.

An enigmatic Mathieu Kassovitz here.