Uncertainty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uncertainty Reviews

April 6, 2016
The title is right, I ain't really certain what actually happens...
February 20, 2016
A metalinguistic exercise in which it is the characters who have to decide, by flipping a coin, if they want to belong in a sensitive family drama or an action thriller, and so the result is an interesting indie experiment about uncertain paths, though sometimes a bit bland.
½ November 7, 2014
This was bad, real bad. Not even Joseph Gordon Levitt looking the HOTTEST I'VE EVER SEEN HIM could help to make it more interesting.
½ August 23, 2014
It's the Fourth of July, and Kate (Lynn Collins) and Bobby (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) are a young couple who have been together for ten months. They are struggling to make a decision: do they stick with tradition and spend the weekend with Kate's family, or do they set out on their own for a spontaneous adventure? So they decide to flip a coin and after making their initial decision, an alternate narrative emerges to show just what would have happened had they chosen to do otherwise. One storyline takes place in Brooklyn, where Bobby and Kate decide to go visit Kate's family with its share of family drama. The other storyline takes place in Manhattan where Bobby and Kate find a cellphone in a taxi belonging to a criminal who values it at $500,000. The implications of each choice are profound. As the stories diverge and a "what if" scenario becomes reality, it soon becomes apparent how much one seemingly minor decision can ultimately affect the rest of our lives...

"Uncertainty" is based on how the course of our lives is determined by the countless decisions - major and minor - we make on a daily basis. One simple and seemingly insignificant act of choice can set the course for our entire future. This sort of parallel storyline is hardly new, "Sliding Doors" from 1998 is one good example, but with the former there´s just no real sense in keeping these two story lines parallel as the simply don´t connect the dots and present a meaningful conclusion. The story lines has weight on its own, but together they simply have no proper point of convergence. So it all becomes incoherent and inconsistent. With that said, we still get good acting from both Lynn Collins and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but that can´t save a frustrating cut up and partly messy movie experience.
June 8, 2014
Definitely not my kind of movie...:( It just couldn't keep my attention nor touch me...:(
½ February 24, 2014
Gimmicky and ultimately quite stupid.
December 28, 2013
stick to cutting your toe nails for the night. its just a load of pants really that doesn't go anywhere.
December 7, 2013
wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.......i think that joseph gordon levitt (from the brilliant movie the dark knight rises), lynn collins (from the brilliant tv series true blood), assumpta serna (from the tv series richard sharpe), olivia thirby (from the brilliant tv series bored to death), louis arcella, nelson landrieu, sofia luca, play good roles/parts throughout this movie........i think that the director of this drama/thriller movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.........i think that the car chases throughout this movie were pretty good in this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable indie crime drama thriller movie for 2008........its got a good cast throughout this movie........i think that the director of this movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie i think that the director keeps you on the edges of your seats throughout this movie......i think that this is an enjoyable indie movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie........i think that both joseph gordon levitt/ lynn collins were brilliant as the 2 lead roles throughout this movie........i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that the fight scenes throughout this movie were pretty good in this movie.......i think that assumpta serna was great throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie....i think that this is such an enjoyable indie movie 2 watch for 2008 its so enjoyable thriller movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie i think that this is a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch its so enjoyable movie 2 watch its such an enjoyable thriller movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its a good indie movie for 2008
½ September 30, 2013
Even when the movie's main idea is interesting... The movie gets really boring.
August 11, 2013
boring and a waste of time
½ July 29, 2013
Well haven't seen a bad movie in awhile. There was a good plot and good acting but the writers just didn't know how to handle it so they killed it.
July 27, 2013
This movie had everything it needed to be an interesting story, but it was too slow and I lost interest about halfway through.
½ June 22, 2013
Da la impresión que es una película de un director novato, tuvo una buena idea pero no pudo concretarla. Genera preguntas conceptuales de lo puede pasar en cada decisión, pero se queda en los estereotipos.
½ June 10, 2013
I love the structure, but, the film peters out a little. Still, if you're looking for something different, you could do much worse.
June 6, 2013
I don't really have a strong opinion about this movie because it didn't really affect me at all. Gimmicky and forgettable are all I can think to say about it.
June 3, 2013
Really what son of bitch put us through a movie about nothing!!!!!
May 24, 2013
Initial review on this film is so off target. Responsibility clashes with freedom? Alternatve narrative? Pfffttt. Excellent film which artfully examines a couple's making the serious choice regarding keeping or letting go of their unborn child. The 'finding of the dog' tale and the 'finding of the phone' tale are fascinating plots which examine the mixed feelings. Great that the film ends without us actually knowing what choice they make. Great that with having made either choice, they are still together.
½ May 2, 2013
A good, but not a great, movie. Afterwards, I found myself thinking and talking about it for days. It raises obvious questions like: left or right? And regardless of our choice, do we end up in the same place anyhow? Maybe we do. Maybe we dont. Does it matter? Interesting questions that may have no answer. But are they still worth asking? It got an extra 1/2 star for giving me uncertainty.
½ April 24, 2013
i guess it was pretty alright, just didnt get real point of the movie