Uncle Sam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uncle Sam Reviews

August 5, 2016
Uncle Sam has a lot of potential that it doesn't quite realize. For starters, it takes way too long for Uncle Sam to return from the grave. For a much better anti-war Zombie film see Bob Clark's Deathdream (aka Dead of Night) from the 1970s. However, things do take an entertaining turn once Uncle Sam starts knocking off unpatriotic locals.
July 24, 2014
That was painful. Still lovin Isaac Hayes though!
August 18, 2013
It makes no sense and is mind numbingly dumb yet somehow entertaining in the trashiest way possible.
June 23, 2013
Slickly produced slasher flick gets an A for effort, but the pacing is slow and boring.
½ March 23, 2013
Uncle Sam is the last film that William Lustig ever directed before taking over the Blue Underground DVD label. It was released in 1997 and direct-to-video to boot, so you can understand why the quality of the final product isn't all that stellar. With the director of Maniac and the Maniac Cop series, as well as the director of The Stuff on writing duties, you would expect it to be something a little more noteworthy, but sadly it isn't. Don't get me wrong though. There's plenty to like about this movie. The concept is good, the make up job they did on Uncle Sam looked good and the general direction of everything is pretty good, but everything else is pretty bland and boring. The whole movie is basically making a point about war and getting a kid who wants to grow up and be a soldier to realize that it isn't just about glory and heroism. It's an odd duck of a movie really, but if you look hard enough and pay attention, you can find some little things to enjoy about it. Watch for cameos by Robert Forster and P.J. Soles, and a horrendous performance from Isaac Hayes.
½ October 30, 2012
This was a very boring and uninteresting supposed horror movie.
It's surprising that it has a good pedigree with William Lustig directing, Larry Cohen writing, Isaac Hayes and Robert Forrester guest starring.
The Uncle Sam costume looked so creepy to begin with.
Not much happens in this film and the death scenes were all weak, either you just get to see the end results or very little gore.
Only good thing was that it was short.
October 16, 2012
This one was a watchable little horror flick, though it does go off in directions I wasn't expecting, as I thought it'd be more flag waving and less about the interpersonal drama that went on in the family before the titular Sam died, but there ya go. Who knows, I might like it more on a re-watch since I know where it's going from the get go.

Rental.
August 30, 2012
Campy, patriotic, gory nonsense. I loved it.
½ July 16, 2012
late 90s slasher film from the same guys as maniac cop. much more paced then newer films and comically loaded with one dimensional characters the film offers is sufficiently creepy to have been worth the 12 year wait. That doesnt make it amazing it just makes it what i expected.
½ July 10, 2012
This had me laughing throughout for how corny it is. Isaac Hayes is always fun to see.
July 4, 2012
Good movie if you can get past the awful acting.
June 21, 2012
Decent enough slasher horror with a few neat ideas but the whole not that original. Some cool death scenes, nice build up and the ending has a couple of awesome explosions.
½ May 26, 2012
Spare me with this bad film, lots of ridiculous plot and random killing. One of the worst serial killers on the planet
½ January 30, 2012
Uncle Sam Wants you, to sit back and absorb some B horror goodness. This is yet another film I remember walking past in the video store as a kid. The box art had me sold, and unlike Jack Frost, this one had a bit more to offer. A very original twist on a zombie-esk slasher film that was very well worth the watch.
½ November 16, 2011
Wow, wasn't expecting much, but this definetly hit the B movie status. Not that it's a horrible thing. If you want to watch a really cheesey horror flick with no expectations and be pleasently surprised, then go for this one (if you can find it that is) I definetly give this a 2 1/2 star rating on the Marc-o-meter
November 11, 2011
Minden amerikai állampolgár Samu bácsija most gyilkosk (C)nt is megmutatkozik. William Lustig tapasztalt slasher-master (Maniac Cop 1-2-3, Maniac), szóval a kaszabolásokkal semmi probl (C)ma, de a tört (C)net m (C)g a műfajhoz k (C)pest is butuskára sikeredett. Miután Sam meghal a közel-keleti háborúban, test (C)t visszak 1/4ldik családjának ám valami okból kifolyólag feltámad -a 90 percben ezt nem volt id' megmagyarázni - (C)s a Július 4.-i mulatságon lem (C)szárolja a f (C)l várost. Az Uncle Sam szerencs (C)re b'velkedik az iróniában, pláne az amerikai nemzeti tudat karikatúrájának hangsúlyozásával. "Kellemes" B film (C)s azt is jó jelnek tekintem, hogy szívesen fogadtam volna m (C)g 1-2 folytatást.
½ August 30, 2011
This movie gets a little credit for a couple of good death scenes. But holy SHIT I did not realize Isaac Hayes was such a horrible actor. And what the hell was Robert Forster doing there? Must have caught him on the way out of Starbucks or something.
August 24, 2011
Nothing to say about this other than "BAD"
August 19, 2011
Alright, you know in a slasher movie when there's that one guy you can't wait to see dead, and you cheer when he finally dies? Every victim in this movie is one of those guys! Sam, a war hero, dies in a helecoptor crash and he comes back to seek revenge on un-Americans!! This is an extremely fun slasher and a pretty decent movie. The acting isn't htat great at times but it's worth the watch!!