UNDEAD - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

UNDEAD Reviews

½ May 6, 2016
Lol What a wacky fuckin movie! So ridiculous and out there, but loads of Zombie fun.
April 24, 2016
Defenitly one of the worst entries in the Australian horror genre. Undead is a completly fucked up mess !! I noticed a heavy reference to Romero's Night of the Living Dead, and if it just stayed as a simple zombie movie, it could've have been okay, but the writers just had to add in motherfucking aliens to it. The camera angles and work are a little weird and shaky, and the special effects are just painfuly cartoonish and the characters are pretty rediculous. The only guy that really owns the little credebility that this movie has to offer is Munco McKay. Unwatchable and not recommended.
½ January 11, 2015
I think a lot of reviewers missed the point here. It's clearly supposed to be ridiculous and silly. It's cheesy horror comedy and it's fun! Don't go into this looking to be scared to to be impressed by special effects. Just enjoy it for what it is.
½ July 5, 2014
The dead a returning to life in this remote Australian town. Like in so many zombie flicks, a disparate band of stereotypes band together in order to help with survival. Soon aliens are spotted and the group attempts to escape town while battling zombies, only to discover the aliens have encircled the area with a towering wall. Comparable to Bad Taste in that it is an independent science-fiction horror black comedy from that side of the world filmed as a labor of love over the course of years on an extremely limited budget. Enjoyable for sure.
June 16, 2014
So bad that it's good. It's a B movie, don't expect an academy award winner. It does what it sets out to do, entertain. It entertains is the most peculiar way, I love it!
May 3, 2014
I did like this , no real horror ...funny killings and stuff , glad the enoying sherif got killed ! SOMDVD
½ January 5, 2014
Funny because it mildly pokes fun at zombie movies of the time, if you watch it to be serious you will be disappointed but if you're watching for fun then it will be.
January 3, 2014
Pretty funny! It's definitely not a 'serious' zombie film, but it still has fun and makes it a zombie/alien hybrid movie. Some awesomely cheap CGI in places, but a pretty good effort for a first indie film with limited funds. I loved the score and there was plenty to entertain. Great step on the way to 'Daybreakers'!
December 18, 2013
Zombie apocalypse hits Down Under. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but a campy watch.
November 1, 2013
Wow. Far fetched for even a zombie flick. The beginning had a good cheezy feel not unlike Dead Alive but it spiralled down from there.
½ May 27, 2013
SCI-FI meets zombies! How could you go wrong?
May 25, 2013
This was a ton of fun to watch with a group, but while the dialogue was incredibly amusing, it could've done with fewer zombies/fight scenes. Like, almost all of them.
½ December 15, 2012
The true epitome of so-bad-that-it's-good. Meteorites that cause zombies, zombie fish, random aliens and naked guys - watch with a group of friends, you'll love it.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
December 5, 2012
Yeah, I have a weakness for cheesy zombie flicks. So?
November 10, 2012
think ill go 2 jcvido see if they have it
½ October 26, 2012
It was all just a bit weird, I kept waiting for something to happen or tie the random parts together, but it never came.
October 8, 2012
The Spierig brothers ridiculous attempt at a zombieish action comedy (I hope) is a spectacle of absurdity. There is less character development than I have seen in my entire life, not that it really matters since no one other than the main girl is a believable character. The action sequences are pretty hilarious, and they did nail how crazy some zombie films are (assuming they were trying to be satirical). Bottom line, you'll enjoy watching this for no reason other than the zombie kills, but that doesn't make anything near a good movie. I mean, there is a triple shotgun featured.... badass, but absurd.
August 9, 2012
arguably a used plot, but the acting is actually pretty good.
½ August 8, 2012
Enough guts and gore to entertain, characters were all interesting, it's kind of campy and there were many plot holes but the explanation of zombies and aliens were quite intelligent, jokes were funny too, maybe a little bit too dark to be a good black comedy. It's certainly different than any other zombie films I've seen.