UNDEAD - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

UNDEAD Reviews

½ August 8, 2012
Enough guts and gore to entertain, characters were all interesting, it's kind of campy and there were many plot holes but the explanation of zombies and aliens were quite intelligent, jokes were funny too, maybe a little bit too dark to be a good black comedy. It's certainly different than any other zombie films I've seen.
½ August 6, 2012
It's so bad its almost good, another low budget film that isn't that bad when it comes to effects. I saw this years ago and hated it but after stumbling upon it again its fairly entertaining. The music cues are very annoying as are most of the cast, especially the cop who consistently swears.
July 23, 2012
It's a really funny zombie film.
½ July 21, 2012
As a low budget gem - 5 ... as a standalone - 3

Fun enough I suppose - but with a pretty healthy dose of ridiculous senselessness. The alien-aspect of the zombies seems to be the biggest distracting factor in this movie. It could have been a lot more fun as a goofy story of this random group running and killing zombies, but it tries to have this ... well... confusing deeper meaning and story with the aliens. That whole part is just kind of excessive to me considering what the film is. The effects are good considering the budget and a real inspiration for anyone with a cheap camera and bootleg copy of after effects. I appreciate this movie, but at the same time it makes me wish people with at least this minimum of resources would make things that said something.
July 9, 2012
This is a great zombie sci fi movie.
July 3, 2012
Laughably bizarre and gratuitously gory, this Alien-Zombie splatterfest is 100 minutes of All-Australian B-Movie mayhem. The purposely one-dimensional characters, boneheaded concept and atrocious acting push the boundaries of bad taste to the limit, delivering plenty of laughs as grasshoppers are abducted by aliens, spades are lodged into zombies' heads and a shady vigilante fisherman wields three strapped-together shotguns. The Spierig brothers have successfully mixed genres and used their budget wisely, yet the film's home-rendered CGI and impressive prosthetics are simply not enough to redeem it of its overblown script and seemingly desperate outlandishness.
½ June 29, 2012
This movie is just weird.
June 4, 2012
Hey, it must have zombies right?!?
April 25, 2012
really good for the money they had
½ April 10, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012

(2003) Undead
HORROR

Spontaneously low budget film from Austrailia about little meteors shooting from the sky turning people into zombies until the acid-like rain comes down, is there a link between the meteors and the acid like rain! Then the next scene shows a small group of idiotic survivors being stranded into a house with a hoardful of zombies craving for them who're they eventually seek for a hospital since someone is expecting. Two girls are then complaining to each other about some stupid contest then the aliens come!

What this film lack is total logic and common sense linking everything throughout and more confusion, leaving more questions than the film is willing to give any answers too and story looks entirelly improvised as well!

! out of 4
March 31, 2012
This movie isn't good horror, comedy, schlock or any other genre I can fit in into. It's terrible in all categories. Avoid like the plague. I want my 90 mins back.
½ February 18, 2012
A voir ! une fois entre potes ! Film de zombie décalé ^_^
January 30, 2012
very well made for no budget but had some very annoying characters
½ January 30, 2012
wow this movie had it all gore laughs
½ January 7, 2012
Genre fans should enjoy; all others are better off skipping this one. For horror/zombie fans (especially b-horror/zombie), it's relatively fun.

For a low-budget zombie film, it was pretty good. It had funny moments, bad acting, cheesy characters/dialogue, gore, and an end of the world scenario.
½ January 7, 2012
I couldn't even finish this movie it was so bad.
½ November 23, 2011
This is a fun oddball zombie flick with great action and utilizes there budget very well.
November 18, 2011
Undead is a hellishly inventive mix of horror and sci-fi. This is not just another zombie movie. The living dead is over staying it's welcome. Time to move on to the next theme. Now I love zombies. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing and bad rushed movies start coming out. But Undead is something new and fresh to the zombie genre. The Sperig brothers are like the Austrilian version of Sam Raimi and this is their Army of Darkness with Mungo McKay filling in Bruce Campbells shoes nicely while never running out of guns. The dialouge is great and intentionally unintentionally funny if that makes sense. Fuck you it does to me. The gore is plentiful but never over the top done for gore sake. If you're sick of zombie movies give this a run through. It's a breath of bloody fresh air.
November 13, 2011
Fun horror flick in the same vein as "Dead Alive" and "The Evil Dead".
October 17, 2011
Awesome movie...very different and out there...good stuff if you like zombie type movies!