Undeclared War Reviews

• Sep 17, 2012

Monday, September 17, 2012 (1991) Undeclared War (Much of it is in Chinese with English subtitles) ACTION/ COMEDY A movie released one year before "Hard-Boiled" and several years before "FaceOff" beause the boat chase scene is somewhat identical starring Danny Lee playing Hong Kong cop butting heads with some actor I don't very often trying to nab a Russian terrorist and a leader of the "World Liberation Army" or just W.L.A.. Some of these terrorists also include Russians, Germans and Chinese. A Hong Kong Chinese production even though two to three different langauages are spoken throughout including English, chinese and Russian. The set up has an important Russian delegate as well as his family being killed off as a result of some terrorists dressing up as nuns in a church and one of those people who surivives happens to be the brother of the important one that was assassinated, and he is seeking for retribution who also happen to work for the C.I.A. Way less action than "Hardboiled" and "Face Off" which is only a few anyway and are photographed at quite a distance making the impact to be less effective, but better than seeing none. Some of the cringing things I have to say are the scenes seeing some of it's Chinese veteran actors speaking the English language is quite bad at times more excruciating than hearing some of the Russian actors speaking it. nice to see Hong Kong actress Rosamund Kwan coversing with Danny Lee are typical moments but are some the best since they're speaking through their natural Cantonese dialect. And only in films where anyone can get away with dialogue such as this "What are you, some kind of faggot! I'm clean" after Danny Lee was frisking this Russian CIA for a weapon. This film is more like 65% but I'm giving it 70%. 3 out of 4