Under Siege - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Under Siege Reviews

November 28, 2015
The best Steven Segal film.
½ October 13, 2015
This may be the most unusual thing any of us will ever see in our life times; A good Steven Seagal film. In fact if Seagal hadn't been in it then it would have been a great action film, period.
½ September 1, 2015
Garnered as one of the best action films of 1992, Under Siege delivers all the necessary thrills due to a career-defining performance by Steven Seagal and memorable performances by Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey.
½ August 5, 2015
Possibly the best Seagal movie.
July 16, 2015
Well crafted Seagal action movie.
½ June 16, 2015
Seagals best film which doesn't say much. Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey join the fun on this story of the USS Missouri making voyage to the mainland to be retired. The boat gets highjacked by Jones and Busey, and Seagal who is a cook on the ship has to save the day. Good movie and if your a guy you should enjoy it.
½ March 25, 2015
Jones and Busey save this from being just another Seagal ego trip
January 29, 2015
I hadn't seen a seagal movie before, so I decided to watch this one because I head it was one of the best. Gotta say, it was pretty good. The plot was pretty bad, but I liked the action, Seagal fighting people and Tommy Lee Jones was really good. Props to Seagal, he's pretty good here. Not the smartest or most original, it is however a great mindless, cheesy action film that I like.
January 29, 2015
terrible. the girl is cute though
December 29, 2014
Not as good as i remembered it to be, which is expected. The running around the battleship is still kinda fun, but action wasn't nearly as good as i thought.

However, it is still watchable. Not a lot of action films from back then can call themselves that.... (I wish i havn't watched Bloodsport again... it was darn awful). This probably is his best (i knowthat doesn't really say a lot), featuring Steven Seagal at the pinnacle of his career. The thing is after watching it again, the lead could've been anyone. Or maybe not, he's the freaking STEVEN SEAGAL man!.... how did he get famous again?
November 24, 2014
By a country mile Steven Segal's best movie, predictable, yes, but great fun. Segal is his usual wooden self, but the supporting cast of baddies led by Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey are great
October 5, 2014
This is one of the movies in which Steven Seagal starred in near the beginning of his film career. He's cast in 'Under Siege' as Casey Ryback, an ex-Navy SEAL and current chef who comes out of retirement to encounter a team of terrorists who have hijacked the battleship, in which he works on. It's packed with thrills and amazing shootout moments and martial arts mayhem performed brilliantly by Seagal. It's a worth watch and is a well remembered action flick. And with the casting of Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey as the main villains brings entertainment to the movie, due to the great acting. It's probably Seagal's best action flick!
September 25, 2014
My choice for Steven Seagal's best film, and his best role as Casey Ryback: the former US Navy SEAL whose best line is still probably "I also cook".

Even if the film is, effectively, Die Hard on a ship (no bad thing).
September 15, 2014
Lot of action. Typical Seagal movie.
September 10, 2014
One of the better 'Die hard' rip-offs, thanks to a solid cast & excellent direction by Andrew Davis. Seagal does fine in the lead role, which is tailor-made to his limited acting abilities (he does get to show a bit of comic timing & drama) while getting to show off his impressive martial arts skills. It's the rest of the cast who shine though, with Jones & Busey having a great time as the villains while Eleniak, in what could have been a ridiculous role, displays great charm & humor as the sole female in the cast. Behind the camera, Davis delivers some great action & makes excellent use of the battleship setting, while the script has plenty of great one-liners to keep you laughing. The one flaw as that you never feel Seagal's character,Casey Ryback, is ever not going to win, and he looks just as good at the end of the movie as the beginning (contrast that with John Mclane in "Die Hard", who is a bloody mess at the end). Still, a very entertaining action movie and the best of Seagal's career.
½ August 21, 2014
classic 90's action movie that wants to be die hard so bad. Steven Segal lacks the personality or physicality of bruce willis, and he would never be allowed to take his shirt off in movies these days. Tommy lee jones is having fun as a villain thats a precursor for his two face. Its not so stupid that its flat out bad but its never great so its not good to watch as a good or bad movie.
August 9, 2014
I love this flick. Watch it over and over and over - each time trying to count the number of baddies Seagal put down. Busey and Jones are wonderful as the nasty leaders of the baddies. This is my ind of chick flick - and no one needs to take it so seriously.
½ August 2, 2014
Saturday night fun!:)
½ July 21, 2014
Easily the best of all of Seagal's early 90s films at the height of his popularity. That might have more to do with Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey though.
July 11, 2014
Under Siege Is A Hijacking Classic.

Grade B+