Under Siege 2: Dark Territory Reviews

• Mar 11, 2019

As is usually the case, the sequel was not as good as the first movie. Still, for the time it was released it was worth a watch.

• Feb 24, 2019

A most entertaining sequel to a terrific action picture.

A most entertaining sequel to a terrific action picture.

• Jan 27, 2019

What made anyone believe Under Siege needed a sequel is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible for a Steven Segal movie to be anything better than mediocre, and this particular travesty may be his worst yet. The title Under Siege is supposed to represent the situation faced by Segal's character, but it's equally appropriate in describing the experience of the poor viewer who sits through this film.During the course of the film, there are three incidents when our stalwart hero seems to be in a little bit of trouble, but terrible visual effects make these more amusing than tense. And then there's the big, joyous conclusion, complete with applause -- talk about cornball. This makes Scent of a Woman's grand finale look restrained. The whole production might have made a wonderfully campy ride if director Geoff Murphy hadn't taken things so seriously.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2018

Most certainly a lesser sequel, but maybe not quite so "lesser" as you might have heard, or as you might expect from prior experience with this sort of thing. It's basically the same story as the first with one form of mass-transit switched out for another, but that's not enough of a criticism to leave Dark Territory dead in the water.

• Sep 04, 2018

A pretty good sequel to a pretty good movie of its time. .I thought it was going to be much worse. These movies are very retro and nostalgic now and in many ways they dont disappoint. You got Seagal being Seagal mugging at the camera making eyebrow faces, pracitical effects, semi believable storylines, cool retro guns, fun edits... These movies are just what they are, silly fun. Its the video version of listening to vaporwave music. You either get it or you dont.

• Mar 29, 2018

Pushes the believability factor right to the edge at times but just about gets away it. Whilst not as good as Under Siege, this sequel is still a heck of a lot of fun despite it's laughable shark-jumping climax.

• Jan 13, 2018

The villain was horrid and poorly cast. The effects on the train were bad as well. Hard not to watch the poor blue screen outside the train cars.

• Jan 10, 2018

This is a classic, I don't understand the hate...

This is a classic, I don't understand the hate...

• Jan 02, 2018

I did not mind this sequel back in the day. A fun actioner that offers absolutely nothing new but carries out the action competently and passes the time. Although Seagal is looking less believable in the role.

• Sep 09, 2017

It was a solid Steven seagal movie. It had a actual budget and a decent but basic plot. The action was very good and very visceral and explosive.