Under Siege 2: Dark Territory Reviews

• Dec 30, 2020

Solid sequel to a good 1st film...bit low budget at times but is entertaining none the less

• Sep 28, 2020

If you ever wondered what happened to Lisa Simpson's substitute teacher Mr. Bergstrom after he got on that train out of Springfield, he apparently became Eric Bogosian and started murdering people with earthquakes.

• Apr 17, 2020

Ryback is back at it on a train this time. It's been hijacked in a plot to use a government weapon against the US to extort money.

• Mar 19, 2020

A very underrated sequel in my opinion. My mind changes from time to time as to whether this is better than the first movie. But I think the first movie had 2 far more memorable villains and some slightly better action scenes. This movie is very entertaining and has some cool action. Steven Seagal was at his peak and never really impressed much after this movie. Very enjoyable.

• Jan 08, 2020

Bad acting. Terrible writing. Steven Seagals character is poorly portrayed. The villains are very one dimensional.

• Dec 09, 2019

An underrated action classic with a novel twist on the "die hard" premise and two amazing performances by Eric Bogosian and Everett McGill as the lead villains.

• Oct 12, 2019

To sum it up in one whole sentence, Under Siege 2 is one big James Bond spy spoof only with Steven Seagal on a speeding train.To his credit, Steve is still a great actor and his character, Casy Ryback got a little creative while taking out the bad guys by homing into his cooking skills and his inner MacGyver to make a killer cocktail bomb. This film was a little silly and not as memorable the original. But, it was still fun to watch.

• Mar 11, 2019

As is usually the case, the sequel was not as good as the first movie. Still, for the time it was released it was worth a watch.

• Feb 24, 2019

A most entertaining sequel to a terrific action picture.

A most entertaining sequel to a terrific action picture.

• Jan 27, 2019

What made anyone believe Under Siege needed a sequel is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible for a Steven Segal movie to be anything better than mediocre, and this particular travesty may be his worst yet. The title Under Siege is supposed to represent the situation faced by Segal's character, but it's equally appropriate in describing the experience of the poor viewer who sits through this film.During the course of the film, there are three incidents when our stalwart hero seems to be in a little bit of trouble, but terrible visual effects make these more amusing than tense. And then there's the big, joyous conclusion, complete with applause -- talk about cornball. This makes Scent of a Woman's grand finale look restrained. The whole production might have made a wonderfully campy ride if director Geoff Murphy hadn't taken things so seriously.