Under the Tuscan Sun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Under the Tuscan Sun Reviews

½ June 27, 2016
Only saw the second half but really loved it. Prefer it to the book.
½ January 6, 2016
Always cheers me up. Full of magic and hope. Lovely cinematography. Diane Lane is charming.
October 20, 2015
Pitkästyin kesken leffan -tosin oon nähnyt tän aikasemminkin... Parasta elokuvassa olivat upeat maisemat sekä suorastaan sädehtivä Diane Lane. (Suom. Toscanan auringon alla)
½ July 18, 2015
I can only say that I'm glad that I didn't pay to see this movie. Even so, the amount it added to my electric and internet bill to stream it on Netflix is not money well-spent.

This seems to be filled with bad acting, stereotypes that cross the line on being insulting and outright ripoffs of other works. I know the film is from 2003 but plenty of other works stand up years later when you watch them.

I am usually a fan of RomComs but this one was a total turn off. Not far into the film, I was thinking that the best decision made by any of the characters was the one the husband made to leave this whiny, mopey, self-involved woman. In a brief overview, she is just overwhelmed by affluent white people problems.

If cliches and saccharine platitudes are your thing, then this movie is for you. If you are looking for depth, good writing and multi-dimensional characters are your thing, then pass. I was able to walk out of the room several times and not miss one interesting plot point. This is a definite pass.
½ July 1, 2015
Full of stereotypical characters and sacharine, routine plot elements, without even capturing the beauty of Italy!
June 30, 2015
Lane gives a pleasant enough performance and the scenery is beautiful while the script covers no new ground.Lazy mid afternoon weekend watch.
May 16, 2015
Ikke så fantastisk og romantisk som jeg husket den fra da den kom. Men alikevel fin.
April 10, 2015
Make me think alot...
April 9, 2015
just life,as it goes sometimes. Refreshing and fun.
½ March 16, 2015
Pretty good, still cheesy, but better than most.
March 1, 2015
An ok drama/comedy/romance film. Not bad, not great.
½ February 11, 2015
For a movie like this to work you need two things-- beautiful scenery, and a likeable protagonist, and fortunately Under the Tuscan Sun delivers these two things in aces. Yes there are lots of cliches, etc... but Diane Lane is so wonderful in this movie, she practically sells it on her own. The movie is just so unpretentious, positive and inspiring it has a vibrant life of its own
½ February 1, 2015
A lovely movie about finding yourself.
½ October 28, 2014
Diane Lane raises this heart-warming film above average in a very adorable performance that conveys with a lot of sensitivity the pangs of depression and yearning to start over, helping make this the kind of feel-good story that is even more enchanting thanks to the beauty of its locations.
½ August 14, 2014
Excruciatingly fluffy and superficial, Under the Tuscan Sun is made even more unbearable by a horrible performance from Diane Lane.
August 4, 2014
Italy is so beautiful, and Diane Lane is just as stunning.
August 3, 2014
Great movie! A fav!!!
July 25, 2014
This makes me want to go to Tuscany!!
July 24, 2014