Under the Tuscan Sun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Under the Tuscan Sun Reviews

July 25, 2014
This makes me want to go to Tuscany!!
July 24, 2014
Nice relaxing movie.
July 24, 2014
I can't believe I went years without viewing this. This movie should be required viewing for all women. :)
July 7, 2014
Touching and heart-warming. It reminded me of "Eat Pray Love" in many ways.
July 6, 2014
its a pretty corny movie...
½ July 4, 2014
Very nice. Nice plot. Great Tuscany scenery. Diane Lane is great in this movie.
July 3, 2014
I can't do anything else but give it five stars. I love every minute of this movie - especially on a summer night like this. It's funny to see that some reviewers think this is a fake, unrealistic movie. That says so much about their way of living. I think it's real, wonderful, hopeful, atmospheric. Warmly and naturally acted as well. An unexpected gem when I first stumbled upon it on tv years ago - and keep coming back to. See you next summer.
½ May 26, 2014
This drama about a woman re-building her life after divorcing her adulterous husband is beautifully shot and has an excellent performance by Diane Lane in the lead. There are many touching, funny, and dramatic moments, but they don't seem to add up to a full plot. In addition, I found that the movie went about 5 minutes too long. If it had ended just a scene earlier, before the conventional Hollywood ending, it would have been a much stronger film.
½ May 25, 2014
A great movie that tells us to never give up on our hopes & dreams in life.
May 12, 2014
This movie is my dream
May 4, 2014
Touching!!!!! Loved the movie.
April 26, 2014
"They say they build the train tracks over the Apls between Vienna and Venice first, before there was a train that could make the trip. They build it anyway, they knew one day, the train would come.

Any arbitrary turning along the way and I would be elsewhere, I would be different. What are four walls anyway? They are what they contain, the house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise."

Sometimes too optimistic but still awesome with rich stories, sun bright color and charming Italian women. The water tap from not even a drip to gurgling, reflecting a gradually fulfilled soul of Frances is my favorite part.
½ March 28, 2014
It's not necessary to be a "cynical knucklehead," as one soggy reviewer suggested, to dislike this incredibly artificial and manipulative TV-movie fiasco not even worthy of a Hallmark channel offering. It is positively NOT "sweet" or "charming" unless you're a hopelessly detached adolescent. It's cheesy, sentimental and totally unrealistic in every way. Yes, I admit I gave up early, but it was obvious the movie was not going to get more complex or sophisticated. Even the normally respectable Diane Lane is cringe-worthy here, straining in her facial expressions and her "emoting" as if the director asked her to treat it as a melodrama in the theater where people can't see your expressions close-up. The first few scenes are laughably bad and edited with hedge clippers, skipping the marriage dissolution and divorce travesty in about five minutes or less. In short, this film is horrible, phony tripe.
March 22, 2014
So romantic... Great story about those who've loved and lost... About hope... I laughed. I cried. I loved it. Diane Lane is beautiful.
March 16, 2014
A fabulous actress! Great comedy in parts. I loved the storyline and the spontaneity of an individual who just decided on a whim to start over.
January 10, 2014
The story of a woman starting a new life in a new country, more precisely in Tuscany, Italy. The film is aimed at a feminine audience, with its mixture of sloppy romance and tales of female bonding, but although it makes use of the same old formulas of the restrictive genre, it makes the most of its setting by glorifying it with a wonderful and poetic portrait and constant tributes to Tuscany's beauty. Diane Lane is also great and magnetic presence in the lead role.
½ December 26, 2013
Bajo el sol de Toscana
December 10, 2013
A breath of warm, romantic Italian air...good on any rainy day!
½ November 23, 2013
"Under the Tuscan Sun" is a chick flick that I like. Diane Lane is great, and the film is full of likeable characters. The real estate agent rules!
November 10, 2013
A modern time and overrated classic romance-drama, that tells the story of a divorced writer, that gets a change of life moving into a Villa in Tuscany. The plot and Italian sterotypes are somewhat silly (as the clothes and behaviour of the Italians, that I think are almost offensive - this movie helped even more the false idea of "living in Italy is a paradise"), but the final message is nice - the photography shows some places in Tuscany and other far away (Positano, around Naples), but showing as they're next on to another and very little of them. Anyway, in the end it's a feel-good movie, that could be better -and a popular classic in the romance genre. My score: 6,5 / 10,0.