Undercover Brother - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Undercover Brother Reviews

July 22, 2014
i like farce as much as anyone, but this movie was just plain stupid. it was trying to be really funny, but wasn't, at all. not so bad that it makes you mad, but pretty bad in it's genre, especially with films like austin powers out there that do everything this film fails to.
July 21, 2014
Awesome movie! Hilarious!
June 14, 2014
Loved the Blaxploitation jabs accompanied with poking fun at both Blacks and Whites in a well done manner.
June 10, 2014
I found myself laughing so much at the ridiculousness
Eddie Griffin is hysterical
in the tradition of Austin Powers 'Undercover Brother' pokes fun at the Blaxploitation era while also making tons of racial satire
Malcolm D. Lee not only shows a modern secret agent flick but also tackling the racial barriers that have been present to us and unknown to everyone else
sure not all the jokes work perfectly but man is it a visual riot
you wont even trust your eyes at half the stuff that happens
big supporting players like Billy Dee Williams, Dave Chappelle and Denise Richards add some sprinkle to the utter hilarity
black or white it's teamwork that matters
June 5, 2014
I'd call it a mock-umentary. Highlight: You can't miss the White She Devil & Sistah Girl fight scene. This hilarious cultural spoof mocks everyone equally. The cast is almost too funky for one movie. It does have drug & sexual references which earns the PG-13 rating.
June 2, 2014
Best thing that Eddie Griffin has ever done; Or will ever do.
May 22, 2014
Forget James Bond, Austin Powers. Undercover Bro is the best spy comedy ever!
May 17, 2014
What a great movie! Many silly nods to 70s culture, Orange soda, and The Man.. Great costarring roles (conspiracy brother, smart brother, and the Chief..) and a stellar performance by the charming Eddie Griffin as the titular Undercover Brother.

Best soundtrack I've heard since Soul Train.

Probably should have bogged down due to the overuse/emphasis on stereotypes, but somehow trumped it into fueling the plot and driving the movie to its inevitable conclusion. Kattan does his best to make not great fare palatable, and in tribute to is efforts, his eventual blackening doesn't offend (which might b the best you can say about the way he's written..)
May 7, 2014
...I really don't know what I expected...
April 4, 2014
Might be one of the most underrated comedies of the last 20 years
½ April 4, 2014
Funny and I love the why the film uses term frequently use by black people.
February 21, 2014
If you are overly sensitive to racial jokes white or black, this isn't for you. If you are completely fine with the two, you'll find yourself laughing with some very memorable jokes, Eddie Griffin and Dave Chappelle does help alot in here with his comedic edge.
½ February 14, 2014
One of those rare parody movies that have the right to be called a classic in the comedy genre.
January 17, 2014
Pretty much what you'd expect. Has some "that was kind of funny" moments, but nothing that made me laugh out loud.
½ January 15, 2014
Yet another forgettable, unfunny comedy.
January 9, 2014
Hilarious romp that exceeds it's few clichés.
½ November 26, 2013
If you were around in the 70s you can laugh with this show , it is funny!
½ November 14, 2013
Though it's cheaply made and some of the cast can get grating - there's no denying this is a laugh riot that features some sharp, biting satire.
October 9, 2013
Agents must stop a campaign for a black president from being derailed.

The story of Undercover Brother, enlisted by the B.R.O.T.H.E.R.H.O.O.D. to stop a plot to undermine General Boutwell from running to be President. Undercover Brother teams up with The Chief, Sistah Girl, Conspiracy Brother and Smart Brother to take on The Man and Mr Feather. However, things don't go to plan and White She Devil is sent in to destroy Undercover Brother.

A silly but funny movie that throws most of the well known stereotypes at our characters. Even so, I found it more enjoyable than Johnny English or Deuce Bigalow.
½ October 6, 2013
Undercover Brother: [Smart Brother tried to turn Undercover Brother into a white man expert by showing his various and random clips from white movies and t.v. shows. Undercover Brother begins screaming so they stop the clips] CAUCASIAN OVERLOAD! CAUCASIAN OVERLOAD! CAUCASIAN OVERLOAD! CAUCASIAN OVERLOAD!
Smart Brother: Are you alright?
Undercover Brother: [pauses with a horrified look on his face] ... I... see... WHITE... people