Undisputed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Undisputed Reviews

½ September 7, 2012
A terrible movie, especially in comparison with Undisputed 2 and 3. Don't see it just see the next one.
June 27, 2012
Formula movie but well done
June 20, 2012
The only dispute in this is who to root for.
½ June 19, 2012
Just watched it last night and you know it was a good movie!
April 24, 2012
Solid prison/boxing movie!
March 3, 2012
definitely need to watch............
February 12, 2012
Pretty good film but not as good as it could have been. Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes pulled off being good boxers in the film and that carried it. Other than that, Peter Falk's character was confusing and the story was not that good. Compared to his other works, this was by far one of the lesser films that Walter Hill directed. The soundtrack was not that good either; whatever film Master P is in, it is probably not going to be good.
½ January 22, 2012
Boxing story about good old honor.
January 21, 2012
a fair movie if i say so my self,but not a good enough movie that i went to see it.i watched this online. i was expecting a prison version of rocky which was what my friends where saying.Not even close.While its good i only give it a d or 6/10 for just unmemorable scenes and one fight in which both only get a few bruises here and there. i had no interest till i saw undisputed 2.
score:6/10 or d+
December 24, 2011
This had a chance to be a great film, but it was let down by totally removing all emotional connection the viewer would normally have in a boxing film. The two fighters are portrayed badly. The "Iceman" is basically an asshole. You really don't want him to win and you don't believe in is story of innocence. Monroe isn't much better. You don't get to know enough about him to give a dam if he wins or looses. The film also lacks a training montage with awesome music! Worth watching to see Snipes punches. They just look lethal.
½ November 15, 2011
This movie started out so great. Rhames was such a prick, and Snipes was so humble. The fight was so unrealistic, but it didnt build up quite to the way I wanted it to. All of a sudden it happened, and all of a sudden, it was over. It was funny how Snipes felt like the good guy and he was in prison. All the elements are there, but it just doesnt all come together. However, I liked the blue prints of the prison, there are so many different characters and I like how they are introduced.
½ September 22, 2011
I've slept two times while watching... It gets interesting by the end !
August 21, 2011
I really like Wesley Snipes and Ving, but this movie is just terrible. The story is slow and boring. Acting is terrible they look like they didn't want to be there. I have no idea how they made two sequels out of this piece of crap!

~ Average Movie Guy
½ August 19, 2011
Classic jail house boxing match ving plays the role very good
August 10, 2011
Wow, this was terrible.

All I was expecting was some good action, and a decent story. Wrong.

The acting was terrible. The writing abysmal. And the action wasn't very good either. To top it off, the final showdown was a joke. 2 guys beating the shit out of each other and barely a mark on their face. I guess they forgot to hire a makeup artist.
½ August 10, 2011
You put him in a situation that threatened violence

The heavyweight boxing champion of the world has been sent to jail after being found guilty of rape. Within the jail there are ongoing boxing events where an infamous boxing amateur holds the current title. Shortly after the champion's arrival, an inmate with mob ties sets up a boxing match between the champion and the amateur. Who will win this hotly contested event?

"I don't want nobody to talk to me unless I talk to them."

Walter Hill, director of Trespass, Last Man Standing, Supernova, Johnny Handsome, Wild Bill, 48 hrs., Another 48 Hrs, Red Heat, Brewster's Millions, The Warriors, and Southern Comfort, delivers Undisputed. The storyline for this picture is okay and nothing special overall. The fight sequences are fairly decent and the acting was mediocre even for the genre. The cast includes Wesley Snipes, Ving Rhames, Peter Falk, Michael Rooker, and Ed Lover.

"Some women like it rough. Do you know anything about that?"

I try to see as many Roger Corman and Walter Hill pictures as possible. They seem to deliver solid Grindhouse/B movies consistently; however, this era wasn't kind to either of them. This modern prison drama isn't overly fascinating even with the Mike Tyson undertone. This is an average picture but nothing special overall.

"He got a brand new tattoo just for the occasion."

Grade: C
½ July 29, 2011
Undisputed is a disappointing film. It is about a heavyweight champion who lands in prison and a resident gangster who arranges a boxing match with the reining prison champ. Ving Rhames, Peter Falk and Wesley Snipes are the only good things in this film. The script is boring and predictable. Walter Hill did a horrible job directing this movie. I would not recommend Undisputed.
June 10, 2011
This reminds me of Mike Tyson's story in jail!!
May 13, 2011
Ving Rhames, Wesley Snips and Michael Rooker. Enough said.
April 26, 2011
UN SEUL DEVIENDRA INVINCIBLE en vf. Rien de plus qu'un Ă (C)quivalent de DTV avec des stars venus cachetonner. Sans interĂȘt...