Undisputed Reviews

• Jul 02, 2020

A surprisingly good boxing movie with a breezy runtime and an economically told story. It's bare-bones in its execution and paced very well with never a dull moment. An undefeated professional boxer squares off against an undefeated prison boxer; simple premise, yet told without any bloated unnecessary subplots. Snipes and Rhames character's respectively get their own backstories, and I was left rooting for both of them during their final bout. I do wish the verdict of Iceman George's (Rhames) rape charge had been revealed, giving us some closure on his circumstance. Also, after the big fight, it would've been a nice touch if Monroe (Snipes) and George showed each other good sportsmanship such as was done after the final fights in films like the original Karate Kid and some of the Rocky movies. These are relatively minor nitpicks however, for an overall satisfying and surprisingly effective prison boxing drama. "People play baseball. Nobody plays boxing."

• May 06, 2020

It's just a building-up hype for last fight!Music and soundtracks were good,acting was decent mike Tyson was okay Wesley Snipes was amazing loved the art in his cell,The character Ripstein was literally star amazing performance and his love for sport and good ending with his honesty and definitely his F#ing Speech and some dialogues were amazing!Story was okay so does screenplay but the flow of movie was issue starting and ending was amazing the middle portion is just boring and build up for fight,the characters were too much in it and i didn't connect with them at all,overall one time watch.

• Apr 07, 2020

I am not a pro boxer but fights in this movie are good, not perfect and Wesley Snipes's acting was great  The background story of two boxers isn't full explained

• Mar 19, 2020

A bit underrated. Although not nearly as entertaining the 3 sequels. Seriously check out Undisputed 2, 3 and 4. Underrated masterpieces.

• Jul 03, 2019

The movie sure wasn't deep in any way, but I thought it was good. Ving Rhames was fantastic, so was Wesley Snipes.

• Jun 14, 2019

One of the most uninteresting boxing films I've ever seen. Generic to the core and the boxing scenes were probably the worst part of the film

• Sep 17, 2018

starring Wesley Snipes and ving rymes

starring Wesley Snipes and ving rymes

• Aug 30, 2015

This movie is only watchable because of Ving Rhaemes and Wesley Snipes. I give it one star for each of them. Else, it's frustrating to sit and watch. It's a clichéd poorly written and directed movie.

• Jun 26, 2015

Good popcorn viewer.nothing more but that's enough.

Good popcorn viewer.nothing more but that's enough.

• Jan 31, 2015

Writer/Director Walter Hill has a funny quote about his film, "Some say Hollywood movies that are made about boxing are just metaphors for other things, I think I've made one that's actually about boxing and not a metaphor." And it's the films' unpretentious, stripped down luddite approach that's it's real charm. Wesley Snipes plays the prison boxing champion Monroe "Undisputed" Hutchens when a Mike Tyson-like world heavyweight champion, Ving Rhames, is sent to the same prison over a Robin Givens-like incident. Rhames is great as the full-of-himself arrogant George "Iceman" Chambers, but the best performance in the film belongs to Peter Falk as aging mafia boss Mendy Ripstein. Ripstein's mind is starting to fail him, but his mind is sharp as a tack when it comes to boxing and using his influence arranges for a secret boxing match between the two champions fighting under London Prize Ring Rules, which predated the Queensberry rules. The film follows the simple formula of Rhames as the loudmouth bad guy and Snipes as the tightlipped underdog hero of the prison, all building to the climactic boxing match. There's nothing terribly original about this story, but Walter Hill does this sort of stripped down action film better than anyone and Rhames, Snipes and particularly Falk bring an amount of gravitas to the film that really do make this film something special for fans of boxing pictures. The colorful supporting cast includes Michael Rooker, Wes Studi, Fisher Stevens, Ed Lover, Master P and Peter Jason. There has been two sequels made to this film, which maybe makes me think that this film may actually have the fan base that it deserves.