Concorrenza sleale (Unfair Competition) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Concorrenza sleale (Unfair Competition) Reviews

July 31, 2015
An interesting movie about a certain historical period so far, so near.
March 23, 2014
26/30. Inexorably clichéd in too-much-covered ground; not quite an artistic achievement on the level of other films set in the same period; but, exploring the issue from the perspective of a child and always pressingly realist, still left a good impression. I don't understand much of the hostile critical and audience response on this page.
March 6, 2014
Beyond the political and religious views there is a junction between colleagues that only could be possible in this kind of "black comedy". During facism those characters would not be able for this ending in real life.
January 10, 2014
The rivalry between two textile retailers is broken up by the Fascist intoduction of the Racial laws. Talented cast and a great portrait, though the whole film does remain distant and perhaps even gets lost in its own preciousness.
January 3, 2010
Ils ont nickés la fin ...
January 25, 2008
:rotten: [color=#000000][b][i]Unfair Competition [/i][/b]is cinematic shame, a fraud because the marketing said it was a storical drama about a jewish owner of a store that looses his rights because of the politics of the age. The truth about this film is that it is totally uninvolving, terribly boring; the characters are not clear... I spent about 1 hour trying to deduce who was the leading character, the rest of the cast is furniture.... Gerard Depardieu appeared only 5 minutes and he didn't speak!!!, it seems someone else did the voice of the parlaments Depardieu suppossedly said. There are bunches of scenes that lacks concordance or importance, first I saw a situation and then, next scene was something very different and with no apparent relation between them. One of the worst films I've seen in my life.[/color]
January 25, 2008
Now I understand why nobody has ever seen this boring movie, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Uninteresting, uninvolving , slow.