An Unfinished Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Unfinished Life Reviews

½ April 6, 2014
Loved the locale. Redford and Freeman did the best they could with this weak script. I love Jennifer Lopez but she was ill fit for this one dimensional role.
½ January 16, 2014
Great performances, but Redford is simply amazing. The film drags 10 min to long, but a fine little story it remains.
January 10, 2014
Running away from an abusive boyfriend, a mother takes refuge with her mother in the house of her father in law, who still holds a grudge on her for driving the car during the fatal accident that killed his son. The film is the typical landscape American drama, set in an American ranch and not incidentally starring Robert Redford. Though it has its heart waming scenes and its impactful drama, it can't avoid being sloppy, with its TV drama-like script elevated by the wonderful landscape aware cinematography and interesting performances by Redford and Freeman.
December 31, 2013
Lasse Hallstrom is a talented director capable of making great family friendly films. With this new film he goes a little more down the road of family drama with obvious talent & skills to tell a good story. The cast is marvelous , the film is entertaining , well shot & nicely produced.
½ December 10, 2013
"I expect you to be nice to who ever comes to my door. Unless it's some guy looking to sell his angle on God. There's no excuse for that." -- Einar Gilkyson
October 19, 2013
Despite its low-key nature, apart from the Shipping News, somehow the deepest movie coming out from Lasse Halström. A wonderful anti-hero Redford.
October 14, 2013
Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman? What's not to like? This is a good movie about forgiveness and moving on from a tragedy.
½ October 10, 2013
Was Okay. Bit Of A Bitter Storyline. Wasnt Expecting A Massive Hit. Emotional.
½ August 3, 2013
I saw this movie on accident (my sister thought it was something else), but it actually turned out to be a simple, heartwarming film.
July 30, 2013
Good film, easy to lile. Redford & Freeman are, well, it's them, so go from there. Lopez is actually pretty good. The little one is angry and confused just as she should be. The movie's message is complicatingly interesting enough to keep your attention.
To me the main message is forgiving the only one you have the hardest time with, yourself.
Family friendly, GREAT SCENERY! We've watched it 3 times.
June 29, 2013
Redford and Freeman -- what is not to like? Of course the plot is a bit thin, but the scenery and the two guys are great -- and the rest of the cast works well too.
April 8, 2013
Loved this movie Its a great movie to watch on a saturday night with the better half.
April 3, 2013
Robert Redford is still so handsome!
March 8, 2013
J. Lo has a good performance
March 3, 2013
Lasse Hallstrom is fast becoming 1 of my top 5 directors! The fact that Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman are in this doesn't hurt!
January 8, 2013
An Unfinished Life was a good, solidly entertaining movie with a good pro- environmental theme, in favor of freeing wild endangered species from captivity. and a protest against how the law fails to protect battered women. The scenes of the West are breathtaking and Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman play their characters against each other beautifully. A movie worth seeing.
½ December 13, 2012
I liked the family struggle. As a budding psychologist, this movie was a great study in family systems.
November 30, 2012
beautiful locations, very good acting from Redford & Freeman... I'm just a little bit tired of all these broken women played by Jennifer Lopez...