Unfinished Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unfinished Sky Reviews

December 8, 2014
I enjoyed this. The characters are compelling and the actors relate well to each other. The blackouts to show the passage of time annoyed me as did the quick resolution after the resolution (two endings really.) When McInnes shaves 3/4 way through the movie, I'm not sure I paid attention to the story much after. Both actors carry the movie on sheer beauty alone.
September 29, 2014
Very enjoyable film to watch. The older original version is called The Polish Bride.
August 10, 2014
Beautifully suspenseful and evocative.
January 19, 2014
Shame no info on lead characters. Thought it a great movie. Ending cool. The entire movie cool.
½ January 12, 2014
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, there are a couple of credibility gaps with the film's thriller resolution which prove mildly distracting but it's the delicate love story that lingers.
½ August 30, 2013
A gritty film with a good ending. I may need to watch this again.
August 18, 2013
Why do they always have to kill the dog in the movies? I really liked the movie, but had a hard time understanding even the Australian accent. Did she end up with him in the end, or sent back?
August 6, 2013
A small, satisfying movie and worth a watch. Well put together. Sneaks up on you.
July 1, 2012
An emotionally authentic and interesting film (that just happens to be from Australia).
PantaOz
½ December 22, 2011
This Australian drama is written and directed by Peter Duncan but it is actually kind of a remake of the 1998 Dutch film "De Poolse bruid".

I am recommending it if you are not familiar with the Australian cinematography because somehow manages to gather everything important from it... The story about an outback farmer (William McInnes) who takes in an Afghani woman (Monic Hendrickx) after she escapes from a brothel is very touching one. The film takes on many themes - from human trafficking and the sex trade, hard life in the outback, to the corruption in police.

Nominated for 10 Australian Film Institute Awards at its 2008 ceremony, it won three, including Best Screenplay, Best Actress (Monic Hendrickx) and Best Actor (William McInnes).

Very smooth performance from one of my favourite actors made this film exceptional. I hope you'll have a chance to enjoy watching it, too!
March 9, 2011
A nice Australian film with an interesting story line. The only thing I found annoying is the lack of subtitles so you could understand what female actor was saying.
½ November 19, 2010
Really enjoyed this!
½ September 12, 2010
A good drama with interesting characters although not as lovely as the poster suggests.
½ August 3, 2010
This Australian gem is a sweet and understated love story set in the Outback. The two main characters stumble upon each other in their state of loss and despite their differences. She is an Afghanee refugee who has just escaped from a brothel. He is a widowed, and long grief stricken lonely farmer. This unlikely love story/ character study/thriller was complimented by strong directing and acting.
June 6, 2010
Socio-Romance, that keeps a nice steady-pace to it with a relationship that slowly starts to learn how to communicate through elements of life before breaking the language barrier. It does offer an OK glimpse at the plight of undocumented Afghan immigrants being trafficked into Australia and made to work in brothels.

Not a bad one at all, it does keep the viewer stuck to it. A couple of good twists. Image take first place before dialogue. The end is somewhat predictable.
½ May 23, 2010
A beautiful and intriguing film that proves to be quite powerful in it's simplicity.
November 1, 2009
Best Aussie film since Lantana. Even though it was a remake of a Dutch film. Brilliant story, and deserving of the AFI awards it won, with McInnes and Hendrickx perfect in the leading roles.
October 6, 2009
One of those rare movies showing you the beauty of emotions and the fact there are no limitations concerning it. Even if you do not speak the same language two people can come to know the deepest parts of a persons soul. Also, it showed sometimes in our lives we need to forgive ourselves for things in the past. The key is letting go of it all and fighting for the future. John realized he had a good life when Tahmeena came into it. She showed him the beauty in life and he gave her safety and love. Both the actors did an amazing job! Must see movie.
September 28, 2009
mungkin memang benar kalau ada yang bilang cinta itu bisa tumbuh kapan saja dan dimana saja...
ketika john (christopher S) menolong tahmena (bille B),perasaan kemudian berubah menajdi ingin melindungi.kemudia perasaan ingin memiliki..
dan mereka yang sudah lama terjebak dalam masalah yang sama,merasakan adanya saling membutuhkan..
namun kemana muara nya hubungan mereka jika akhirnya,tahmeena kembali k afghanistan setelah semua keinginannya untuk pergi k austrlia terpenuhi?
huh..perpisahahan yang menyedihkan.
September 2, 2009
Very powerful film - not an expected story line either which kept you guessing what was going to happen. William McInnes is a fantastic actor :)